Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 111

Thread: The impact of healing

  1. #31
    Beta Player Prince GaoShun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    the real gao shun died in 198AD
    Posts
    2,220
    Level
    68
    Points: 10,474, Level: 68
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    You've HELPED HIM, not carried. As said before: you can heal for 300k, but if anyone is shooting, you will lose.
    I am not saying that healing is not important (how many times I was the one keeping my ally alive to win the 1vs1!), I am saying that you can't go healing-bot and think to win like that. You must know when to heal (help flank to win 1vs1) and when to deal dmg. But if you have no way to deal any dmg, as soon as Caut 2 is there (or you are focused), you are dead weight for the team.

    Guys, in case you didn't notice it, I don't argue for the sake of arguing, but because I am trying (hopefully HiRez will read) to avoid this game in becoming the shit many other games are.
    Playing healing bot is not fun. Since here we have loadouts and LCs, they MUST allow different play styles. For everyone, not just for flank and DD.
    I am not saying playing heal bot is the best way, I am just saying you can carry differently by influencing a duel.
    I already said,
    However, I do understand having 10k dmg and 200k healing is not ideal for support, really low damage means you are pretty much just hide behind a wall
    being able to juggle between tossing heals and doing some damage is the ideal play
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

  2. #32
    Forum Moderator Grand Prince Peinzius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dead Inside
    Posts
    2,681
    Level
    93
    Points: 22,803, Level: 93
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    It doesn't change anything. There are 3 other guys in the team. I can assure you that, by playing healing bot, you can win only on the following 2 situations:
    1) enemy team/support is shit (or shittier than you :-P )
    2) your team is carrying hard.
    No other ways. Instead, for carrying as a support, you need to make miracles.
    http://paladins.guru/censor/match/Kv8
    Wait for the full narrative on happy thread. But guess who got most dmg yesterday? It was a lost game, for Ash trolling. And yet...


    As said, I am not paid to play. So, if my whole "fun" is to make others have fun and just escape whole game, this is not what an fps should be. We're here for shooting things. Otherwise we've just carried. No, thanks.
    That's also the reason why anyone on Earth is saying "We won due to SupportX for s/he healed us so much!". No, PotG and appreciation go to Andro with 34 kills, even if he was always healed for whole game. "For playing support you just have to press Q!", how many times have you heard that?
    I play to make a difference for my team, not to be carried.



    In my other account I have 74% win rate with Ying, going full bombing. And so?


    In my experience, it is. If you have proof of the contrary, I can't wait to see them.


    You can carry with Ying even with Focusing Lens, but you can't carry without dmg. Heal for 300k, if anyone is killing enemies, you will lose.
    Yeah, so personal preference. I actually find it impossible to carry with more aggressive supports and many of the ones I see in my games are potentially throwing because the healing would be more useful. I suppose I'm the "proof" of healing carrying, because I manage to win games even with healing focused playstyles. I think all playstyles have different ways of carrying, it just might be less noticeable on a stats sheet.
    *Disclaimer*: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

    Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the forum's Code of Conduct.

    Need technical or account help? Submit a support ticket!


    "I take super hot showers because I like to practice burning in hell."

  3. #33
    Beta Player Emperor Valkure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,503
    Level
    100
    Points: 78,092, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    I suppose I'm the "proof" of healing carrying, because I manage to win games even with healing focused playstyles.
    It would be a prove only if you would be matched always against good players and with bad players (ie: low levels, not smurf) and by going healing bot you were still able to win game after game.
    I've finally found it!

    New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

    #AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

    "It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

  4. #34
    Forum Moderator Grand Prince Peinzius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dead Inside
    Posts
    2,681
    Level
    93
    Points: 22,803, Level: 93
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    It would be a prove only if you would be matched always against good players and with bad players (ie: low levels, not smurf) and by going healing bot you were still able to win game after game.
    That has happened quite a lot, but I don't save any screenshots, sorry. Trust me, it's definitely a viable way to win.
    *Disclaimer*: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

    Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the forum's Code of Conduct.

    Need technical or account help? Submit a support ticket!


    "I take super hot showers because I like to practice burning in hell."

  5. #35
    Beta Player Archduke GeSteYiam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,894
    Level
    74
    Points: 12,942, Level: 74
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post

    Guys, in case you didn't notice it, I don't argue for the sake of arguing, but because I am trying (hopefully HiRez will read) to avoid this game in becoming the shit many other games are.
    Playing healing bot is not fun. Since here we have loadouts and LCs, they MUST allow different play styles. For everyone, not just for flank and DD.
    I know that but it doesn't change anything our enjoyment from reading.

  6. #36
    Beta Player Emperor Valkure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,503
    Level
    100
    Points: 78,092, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    That has happened quite a lot, but I don't save any screenshots, sorry. Trust me, it's definitely a viable way to win.
    I was forced to try it myself, so many times, especially when playing Jenos and Seris. If you have bad teammates, you can't carry on your own.
    Carrying = be able to compensate for bad teammates.
    Your post in rage thread: if you were playing, don't know, Andro, you would have been able to compensate for the bot Vivian. But you couldn't, for you were a Life Exchange Ying. You can't compensate when you can't deal dmg.

    Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    I know that but it doesn't change anything our enjoyment from reading.
    I can get why you enjoy reading rant (I mean, insults are always funny), but enjoy balance posts?
    I've finally found it!

    New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

    #AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

    "It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

  7. #37
    Beta Player Sovereign Prince ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,287
    Level
    45
    Points: 5,029, Level: 45
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    I still can't get myself to read walls of text, i mean i skip studying daily, as valkure said, rants are amusing NOT BALANCING.

    So correct me if i miss anything.

    Mercenario the people you are talking about, are:-
    1) Pro players
    2) In a party

    Firstly pro players are placed in diamond masters and grandmasters, what chavsberry is talking about is the playstyle we should adapt to in low diamond plats and below, why? Because you can't rely onto your team in those divisions, in ANY CASE.
    Higher division people can play their roles exceptionally, and then you can rely on them doing the hard work i.e damage while you just sit back and heal(even though if you mind moving your butt you could had won the duel as 2v1 instead of clutch heals), i don't know what your division is, but if you are masters or above i get it, if you aren't, well then i still don't understand your point of argument.

    Simply you can't rely on your teammates no matter even if you are in a party, because whatever the case is, they are still not very good in the game, they can't do the damage and heck forget about protecting you. That's why you should play a bit more aggressive, instead of playing as a bot, make the enemy feel your presence, obviously you can't do much due to nerfs but something's better then nothing.

    Vex30 is a PRO player WHO PARTIES, he can DEFINITELY rely onto his teammates, and don't you say that he is in diamond 4, because he is on a freaking 14 games winning streak, his mmr skyrocketted to infinity and beyond. Its just the placement, he got placed in diamond because of the splits, he is not playing in that division to say the least.

    Additionally can you stop bringing pro players up? When we say that pro scene is different then normal games, we mean pro players in general, those guys play HELL OF differently, and then they party with another pro player, while we get not even half of a pro player in our team.

    Also, even if the game was of 30mins, what are you trying to proof? That guy did 12,234 healing per minute and 204 healing per second.

    EDIT: Mercenario if you are really fond of pro players and winrates, well you can go watch kami's vid, he did pretty good using aerial assault on ruckus, a legendary card with least popularity and 3% lower winrate then rocket barrage. Even kami was confused why was it considered not meta.
    Last edited by ElectroPaladin; 10-11-2018 at 06:55 AM.

  8. #38
    Beta Player Archduke GeSteYiam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,894
    Level
    74
    Points: 12,942, Level: 74
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post

    I can get why you enjoy reading rant (I mean, insults are always funny), but enjoy balance posts?
    People get angry and fight

  9. #39
    Beta Player Emperor Valkure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,503
    Level
    100
    Points: 78,092, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    People get angry and fight
    Now you're making me feeling guilty :-/
    I've finally found it!

    New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

    #AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

    "It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

  10. #40
    Beta Player Knight Derpions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    54
    Level
    14
    Points: 720, Level: 14
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    That has happened quite a lot, but I don't save any screenshots, sorry. Trust me, it's definitely a viable way to win.
    I totally agree that playing as a healing bot is very rewarding if you are good enough.

    Let me give u guys an example. I Play ranked, I have 2 tanks on the point and I am playing seris.

    Sometimes tanks are not that good. Then as a healer it is your duty to keep them alive in the 2 tanks vs 2 tanks clash on the Point. In this Situation there are 2 champions that can carry in my opinion.

    A) The healer: Keeps own tanks immortal so all they have to do is holding leftclick.

    B) The flank (by Killing the enemys heal and cutting of the heal)

    So in my opinion in this typical clashes for the point when 4 Tanks fight on the point, the heal is in a key position.

    The heal has to keep damage and mainly tanks alive.

    If instead the heal decides to be agressive the healers impact probably gets smaller because the healer probably can only do around 50-60% of the Healing and the own tanks slowly die . On the other hand the damage is often not enough to outdamage the enemys heal.


    This is just my opinion, but I have the experience that you can carry as healing bot especially with seris and Ying

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •