Thread: Quality of life Improvement: Lian's Lazer Heals

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Quality of life Improvement: Lian's Lazer Heals

So one of Furia's biggest floors with her Solar Blessing card is allies needing to catch the damn thing.
    SOOO MANY TIMES has some Furia player ranted at me to catch the beam for healing.

Fun Fact... Players do not have eyes at the back of their head.

Scream all you want, if I need to expertly press M1 and continue to look at my enemy to kill them, I will do just that. Turning around is for the weak.

Quite often the healing ray swings amiss if the frontline does not need that kind of healing, if they are mobile, strafing enemy fire, or running the hell into or away from the enemy.

This does cause some annoyance while playing as I feel its a bit iffy as a Healing Function, unless the Furia Calls out to you, you have no idea it's coming near you.

The Solution:
    Rework Lazer heals and Lazer stops on enemy to:

Solar Blessing
    Solar Ray can be stopped remotely whilst travelling.

This will allow Furia to stop the activated beam herself and not have to hit an ally to trigger, this will create an "effective" healing talent. This ability already has much strength through walls and ceilings. But making it have a controlled stop, would turn it into a very strong choke point harassment/zoning tool.

But in order to balance it I'd reduce its duration a fraction.

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Why did I call it Lian's?
    I meant Furia's
    Considering they are just royal/elegant sounding chicks with Guns, and no real personality, it was pretty hard to get them confused.
    Man, was I not paying attention

Beta Player Baronet DudewiththeFood's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Nah it's good as is. If you made it easier to land, it's need balancing by reducing the healing - not duration. Let's face it, it's the only useful healing in the game vs caut 3. Every other heal has to be done after caut wears off but without caut 3, the beam heals is basically invincibility against everything except 1-shot level burst. It's meant to be risk reward vs the easy-to-get-value-from Cherish.

Not that it's never annoying to play with watching it sail past the tank you want to save or worse, dodging it accidentally as the tank; but I don't think it's enough of a reason to warrant a change due to how strong it is. If it becomes a generic healing talent then it will either be objectively better or worse than Cherish - look at Rampant Blooming vs Efflorescence on Grover. The risk-reward is good for the talent and the reward is already so good that reducing the risk is arguably detrimental to keeping Furia in line with other support's healing.
    Mains: Barik, Jenos, Fernando, Inara, Grover, Strix
    Concepts: Bolla, Riksen