Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fix burst meta, increase ttk, #makepaladinsgreatagain

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    No, he's asking to raise TTK, that means no champ can 1-shoot another, or kill another in a second.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

Beta Player Knight KiritoXtreme's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionaryWitch View Post
    I disagree. The TTK factor is good as it is, and mistakes are punished heavily. It is not like Willo will burst entire teams down from the other side of the map. If you make a mistake with positioning/zoning or if you let someone slip by, you get punished for it. Team fights can take very long, and first blood can take a while as well at higher ELO & ranks. If you run straight in and get bursted down, you kind of deserved it. Besides, how would increasing the TTK ever work, with the way how support works on this game (including Torvald)? The game has a lot of high survivability factors. If you find yourself dying too fast on a consistent basis, you might want to reevaluate your approach and tactics.

Furthermore, Makoa's new talent is nothing but a troll talent. Please don't make any more of that.

"PS. Pretty sure this entire thread is proper feedback without a hint of rant present for Walla to point out." WAS THAT A RANT ABOUT HAVING YOUR RANT POINTED OUT?! omegalul (just kidding, obviously.)
    Mistakes should be punished yes, but its a skill based game - I am sick of seeing no skill animation cancel burst attacks on champs like Cassie and willo. Even I use them as do the others but its not enjoyable anymore. People are here to enjoy the game not enjoy 10 minute stomps. And I only suggested to modify the talents or at least cap the bonus damage from talents at 10%. Base kits for everyone are pretty good, as the Rise of Furia event matches have shown - there were hardly any time-out winning matches, most were properly fought to 30 kills, that means TTKs are good on the base kit. What I am against is combos using Cassie animation cancel, drogoz 2 shotting from across the map, Kinessa one shotting by base camping enemy side on frog isle, and other examples.

As for makoa's new talent being a troll talent, that's only cause all others available seem to be non-troll and much better in your words. It won't be a troll talent anymore if many others are made along a similar line of thought.

TL;DR - I am just asking for the damage increase talents to be totally removed or nerfed heavily, rest all can stay.

PS, I am a andro main, and I can gladly tell you that while I enjoyed my 1050 headshots its not enjoyable much anymore. Also your views tend to be focused on the few players who play PPL, and you need to think that at their skill level they can do the same even without the unreasonably OP talents that are known as "meta". This game while its played by a few pro players there exist thousands of non pro players.

If fixing matchmaking is hard then this should be much easier to implement. Will decrease the disadvantage if someone on your team decides to troll/feed or is just bad.
    Last edited by KiritoXtreme; 09-18-2018 at 07:19 AM.

Beta Player Knight KiritoXtreme's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I already miss my 20 minute long intense matches from before talents like fusilade were a thing.

Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 Tagger First Class
    I also agree.

I WANT MOBILITY BACK T_T
    I WANT PALADINS TO BE GREAT AGAIN

I'm done of dying from no-skill burst damage or champions with abilities took from what would be cheats in other games.

OB44 with hyper-mobility was so much fun!
    3 separated dashes Andro felt like it was the way he was meant to be from the start.
    Dodge Roll Cassie, sure was OP, but was nothing but fun and had such a dynamic playstyle.
    Maeve was almost flying back then, yet I (and I think a lot of people too) thought she was totally fine.
    Evie was probably the hardest champion (maybe Damba was harder?¯\_(ツ)_/¯) and master Evie players really deserved it.

I almost only played Cassie back then and I remember fights against flanks were the most fun to me.

I also noticed the community went down by alot and kinda "turned grey"; Forums poster have way less fun and enjoyment talking and speculating about Paladins. We see far less suggestions and way more rants.
    People still play Paladins, but they feel the same enjoyment as they did before, this is due to poor balancing and poor champion design throughout the patches.
    It needs to be fixed now if we want the game to last a bit.
    New to the game? See this FAQ made by Valkure.

Beta Player Recruit VisionaryWitch's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Lol no, my views are based on my matches against PPL teams and high diamond to grand-master matches. Don't just assume that I only watch PPL and don't have any credible experience of my own, that's kind of rude. I only referred to the PPL since it gives a POV of how they play and where they position.

Makoa's new talent is literally a troll talent, the dev's pointed it out that it was just for fun. Even if there would more talents like that, none of them would be used unless it is for trolling.
    You do realize what you're pretty much saying is "I'm not asking for much, I just want 66% of the game to be reworked". I still have 20+ minute long matches that are intense. Burst doesn't make your matches unbalanced, poor matchmaking does.

Like I mentioned earlier, I do see your point. I agree that Drogoz is busted, and that animation canceling should not be a thing. But at the same time, you can play in a way where it takes long to get killed. That's why at high tier matches it takes quite a while for the first blood to fall.

Burst will always exist, it exists on Paladins, it exists on Overwatch, it'll exist on every game in this genre. You only get killed fast when you allow yourself to get killed fast. Drogoz, as broken as I think he is, does not 2 hit you from across the map on a consistent basis, that's an exaggeration. And when he does he either got lucky, or you messed up at that point in time.
    It's time to take charge!
    Soon™ to be flex main
    --------------
    Main champions
    • Ying/Furia
    • Evie
    • Makoa/Fernando
    • Cassie

Discord Game-Advisor, need advice? Let me know!

Banned Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I am not opposed to burst damage existing, same goes with a fast TTK, as in most cases, people who die quickly to a burst combo usually bring it on themselves (not using cover, bad positioning, poor awareness etc). But I would like to see more skill required, and more counterplay added. One change needed regarding TTK/burst damage is to have the damage numbers adjusted based on the skill required to land the burst damage. Some abilities, such as Nightshade Deadzone or Smoke and Dagger Skye, can do solid burst damage, but require very little skill to land it. And others happen too quickly to give you any chance of evading using your movement abilities.

For example, I have mentioned before with Cassie, that at close range it is far too easy to land shots with her, due to her projectile speed and the size of the hitbox. It is actually easier than landing hitscan shots, because you can still land badly aimed shots, whereas hitscan shots will miss. So her burst capability, to shoot-blast-shoot is far too easy to deal damage with, and there is very little option for a defending player to avoid any of the shots by juking (the acceleration and deceleration values are too low when strafing from side to side, even with movement speed increases). You pretty much have to hope the Cassie is crap at aiming, because if not, the only counterplay you have is your movement ability, and you basically have to guess when she is going to use it, because you don't have enough time to react.

A good game needs to be designed in such a way that powerful abilities require the most skill to use, but also allow for counterplay, as well as easy to land abilities that have less impact but are still useful, and harder to evade. A burst combo should be something that looks impressive in a replay, not something any button mashing idiot can pull off.

Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The main problem is the unbalance between champions as not everybody has a quick burst to kill a full health champion in 1 second. If every single champion in the roster could do this, it would still be stupid and less fun to play, but nobody would be at a default disadvantage. Right now you can do everything right, have full hp, be with your team and all, and suddenly an Androxus drops from above or comes around a corner, puts 2-3 bullets in you and you are dead in just one second. You have no chance for counterplay, you cannot get away, you cannot fight back and just have to accept the respawn timer. This is an objective based game. You will not get anywhere if you just camp in a corner and hope an enemy passes by that you can ambush to have a nice kill/death ratio.
    September 2017, OB59
    Androxus was turned into the Spam Lord for more damage than any other champion.

Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Raise everyone's HP, why is this opposed? flanks don't need to put extra HP cards in loadout, support can at least stop hiding in fear of random DD bursting them down, and frontlines can hold their ground a little better. Heck DD can have duels where skill matters, not who shot the first shot.
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by CSX82 View Post
    The main problem is the unbalance between champions as not everybody has a quick burst to kill a full health champion in 1 second. If every single champion in the roster could do this, it would still be stupid and less fun to play, but nobody would be at a default disadvantage. Right now you can do everything right, have full hp, be with your team and all, and suddenly an Androxus drops from above or comes around a corner, puts 2-3 bullets in you and you are dead in just one second. You have no chance for counterplay, you cannot get away, you cannot fight back and just have to accept the respawn timer. This is an objective based game. You will not get anywhere if you just camp in a corner and hope an enemy passes by that you can ambush to have a nice kill/death ratio.
    Bold is mine. Great summary. You deserve rep.

Quote Originally Posted by GaoShun View Post
    Raise everyone's HP, why is this opposed? flanks don't need to put extra HP cards in loadout, support can at least stop hiding in fear of random DD bursting them down, and frontlines can hold their ground a little better. Heck DD can have duels where skill matters, not who shot the first shot.
    We don't need a simple buff to HP. We need the HP nerf UNNERFED and... the other nerfs (so many) unnerfed too. It is not just a matter of HP, I want back my escape (or a way to attack), I want my dmg for the aforementioned counterplay. We have been stripped of all of our chances to fight. HP is a way to increase TTK of 1 sec (one more shot by Andro). All the rest is finally a way to give us back some chances.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

Beta Player Recruit VisionaryWitch's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    adapt improvise overcome
    It's time to take charge!
    Soon™ to be flex main
    --------------
    Main champions
    • Ying/Furia
    • Evie
    • Makoa/Fernando
    • Cassie

Discord Game-Advisor, need advice? Let me know!