Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Fix burst meta, increase ttk, #makepaladinsgreatagain

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunPukin View Post
    Idk why people want to nerf flanks, the further you get in elo and ranked the more useless they become.
    1) because 95% of players doesn't play in high elo and ranked
    2) because their TTK is far shorter than TTK of many other champs
    3) because in 1 sec and something you don't even have time to react. If we had wanted to play CoD, we would be playing CoD.

The problem is that support class is even more trash right now after several nerfs.
    Yep.

and give supports AT LEAST more HP, 2'3k sucks for the class with the lower burst and dps by far (and they nerfed their only high dps champ yei)
    No.
    1) every champ had a different HP value. Why giving to supports all the same HP is beyond me. HP should compensate the kit, not being the same for everyone
    2) supports need also their dmg and mobility back. They've been nerfed too much. I don't care about 100 HP (aka: maybe I would be able to survive 0.2 sec longer, but probably not). I care about being able to flee or to fight back the stupid flank approaching with 300HP on its side.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Go and f**k yourself.

Beta Player Recruit ShogunPukin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    1) because 95% of players doesn't play in high elo and ranked
    2) because their TTK is far shorter than TTK of many other champs
    3) because in 1 sec and something you don't even have time to react. If we had wanted to play CoD, we would be playing CoD.

Yep.

No.
    1) every champ had a different HP value. Why giving to supports all the same HP is beyond me. HP should compensate the kit, not being the same for everyone
    2) supports need also their dmg and mobility back. They've been nerfed too much. I don't care about 100 HP (aka: maybe I would be able to survive 0.2 sec longer, but probably not). I care about being able to flee or to fight back the stupid flank approaching with 300HP on its side.
    The last point I think you missunderstood me or I didnt explain well I remember that grohk and grover had the higher hp pool and they were close to barik's one, they should be that way because they are the closest to the tanks, I mean to add all of them HP not add them the same amount, it would be really good if they completely revert that nerf.

What flanks need is not a single nerf that would kill the whole class like they did with supports, what they need is to nerf their burst and buff their mobility so they need more than a single neuron to play and supports can have fun playing as well. Im a tank main and Im tired to focus 1 sec on some champ and when I turn back my support is already dead because 2 randoms headshot of an androxus that shows out of nowhere and my supp has not hp enough to survive and fight back.
    Mains
    Ash, Makoa, Inara, Fernando
    Mal'damba, Seris
    Willo
    Maeve

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Yes, flanks need burst dmg traded with mobility, as they were in old glorious times!
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Go and f**k yourself.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    , as you can see this is my first time posting here.

I just started playing paladins again. I started way back when it was only a few months into open beta on steam. I think sometime around 2016. I have over 600 hours played, which isn't a lot, but it's not a little. I feel this gives me a solid grasp on the overall feel of what makes this game fun.

Personally I like the current ttk. It feels more like shooter and less like a moba, which is good imo. Yes you can be burst down quick, but that only forces you to have constant awareness of your positioning. The games are really intense this way.

What I remember from the "higher ttk gameplay" was a lot of games just dragging on for ages. You can romantisize all you want, but the gameplay wasn't "more tacticle". A typical player wasn't developing stratigies to beat the other team . It was a lot of " rush to point after death and hope your abilities are off cool down" . I recall being able to play pip Souper aggressively. You could hop into a group of enemy players, derp around and just pop your q and get away without a problem most of the time.

BUT it is clear a large portion of the players here want higher ttk so why not just give the players what they want?

My suggestion would be to give a massive mobility buff to every character. Either by increasing move speed or by buffing their current mobility abilities. This would raise the ttk a bit but not make paladins just another moba with slow gameplay.

I realize 1.8 fixed some stuff but I have a feeling people won't stop complaining about the ttk

Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienJay View Post
    My suggestion would be to give a massive mobility buff to every character. Either by increasing move speed or by buffing their current mobility abilities. This would raise the ttk a bit but not make paladins just another moba with slow gameplay.
    The devs are actively trying to avoid huge mobility increases mostly due to the fact that aiming and tracking fast characters on consoles is very hard. This would necessitate that they either fix that aim/track issue first or forgo any chance of cross-play and balance separately...

I don't see that happening since the whole Steam link thing was part of the groundwork towards cross-play. That leaves one option: fix console aim/tracking. That also is probably not going to happen any time soon since it relates to both hardware limitations and software issues. This is a known problem for consoles across many different games.

That leaves finding some other way to balance the game which also raises the TTK. With all of that said, do you have any other ideas? That is what the devs are facing and any suggestions we make here may give them other new ideas or be used directly. Sometimes even a "bad" idea sparks a good one for someone else.
    Associates in Game Design from Full Sail University, working on Bachelors - due to graduate in April 2019.

Level
    Achievements:
    Yep, you are right. All the problems have arisen with the idea of cross-platform. But a game thought for pc would never be good on console and vice-versa. Except if it's a graphic novel.

I still hope cross-platform would not be a thing. I have already my problems with newbies in my team, I don't want to think about newbies with a pad against veterans with mouses.
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnier View Post
    The devs are actively trying to avoid huge mobility increases mostly due to the fact that aiming and tracking fast characters on consoles is very hard. This would necessitate that they either fix that aim/track issue first or forgo any chance of cross-play and balance separately...
    Except for Androxus. Nether Step > Punch > Nether Step > Punch
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GaoShun View Post
    Except for Androxus. Nether Step > Punch > Nether Step > Punch
    Technically, this also applies to Koga to some extent if they are using claws... but it's slightly lower damage (600 vs. 700). In fact, I've noticed that most players do not realize Koga has vertical dash mobility on his right click IF his claws are out.. though it does use all energy.

But, they did shorten and slow down Andro's dash at one point at least. It is more bearable now unless the player actually sacrifices points to increase those beyond the default; which many do not.
    Associates in Game Design from Full Sail University, working on Bachelors - due to graduate in April 2019.

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnier View Post
    Technically, this also applies to Koga to some extent if they are using claws... but it's slightly lower damage (600 vs. 700). In fact, I've noticed that most players do not realize Koga has vertical dash mobility on his right click IF his claws are out.. though it does use all energy.

But, they did shorten and slow down Andro's dash at one point at least. It is more bearable now unless the player actually sacrifices points to increase those beyond the default; which many do not.
    hmm yes you are right, didn't notice it that much since Koga is not as OP as Andro on PC, console players do complained a lot about his mobility (and they should since controller can't react as fast)

Level
    Achievements:
    I am the one always complaining about Koga, but after playing almost 30 levels of him, I have no problems in timing my shoots to kill Koga after the dash. That's to say that this OPness of the dash is no more like that, if you can just shoot at the right moment.
    But the problems on console are real, that's why cross-platform should NEVER be a thing.
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports