Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Fix burst meta, increase ttk, #makepaladinsgreatagain

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    I really miss paladins before legendary cards. Paladins really stood out over overwatch back then. Especially as a person who used to like to play supports, supports felt much more impactful back then.
    Last edited by OishiiRingo; Yesterday at 08:20 AM.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    i'm obviously a noob, but how much of a bad idea would increasing everyone's hp by 50% be?

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnier View Post
    if they picked a single baseline character for each class, balanced those against each other, and then proceeded to balance all others from each class around those baselines, it should improve overall balance
    They pretty much did this with the frontline and support class. Somewhat with the damage class as well. Most of the balance problems are very specific and the flank class as a whole... I shouldn't have to go into detail on the problems with the flank class but the specific problems are mostly surrounding around this "burst meta", which really only specificified few specific champions (Willo, Cassie, and Androxus are probably the top three).

But we'll have to wait for patch 1.8 to see how this goes. They've teased that the meta is going to shift in 1.8 so we aren't sure on how big of a deal it will be and I hope they don't accidentally remove bursts that doesn't need removal and focus on abilities which are too strong together in most casual plays.

For example, a simple idea for Drogoz is to make it so that Salvo doesn't explode his fire-spit, removing that combo completely. While this would hurt Drogoz a bit more in pro play but it will help benefit the lower tiers much better since how much it will hurt Drogoz is very little compared to the benefits for rest of the audience.

Another one, that I think completely needs to be done is a rework on Kinessa's headshot talent. That 2,400 per shot from her is honestly too high. Granted, Strix is more valuable than her (but for a whole another and really annoying reason... Cough cough reveal spam cough cough) but removing her ability to one shot most classes will probably means that she won't be instantly banned on good sniper maps. (And Strix's flare talent needs a nerf for the same end result. Seriously, that reveal spam is the most annoying thing in the game to me).

BUT at the end of the day... Everything I said aren't necessarily OP and the characters in question are mostly balanced. It's just very specific things that needs some minor toning and my fear is that Evil Mojo will overly do it, screwing up the overall balance of the characters in question for everyone in the game.
    ~[Titled Champions]~
    *Pip, The Rogue Alchemist
    *Mal'Damba, Wekono's Chosen
    *Seris, Oracle of the Abyss
    *Jenos, The Ascended
    *Furia, The Angel of Vengeance

*Torvald, The Runic Sage
    *Fernando, The Self-Appointed Knight
    *Khan, Primus of House Aico
    *Makoa, The Ancient
    *Inara, The Stone Warden

*Bomb King, His Majesty
    *Drogoz, The Greedy
    *Viktor, The Lone Wolf
    *Dredge, Admiral of the Abyss

*Evie, The Winter Witch
    *Zhin, The Tyrant

I feel like the devs always overdo the things pp ask for. Like the before mentioned TTK: it used to be nothing and now it's ridiculously high.

Usually when the community asks for nerfs it isn't anything major (a few percent of cauterize nerf, nerfing the burst dmg etc) and the devs either don't react or when they do they essentially kill the thing with nerfs. The only bigger changes i've seen being asked are reworks of a few legendaries (mentioned above) and maybe some abilites but that is rarer.

The recent card rework was actually well done and i hope they keep it up

Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRaven44 View Post
    I feel like the devs always overdo the things pp ask for. Like the before mentioned TTK: it used to be nothing and now it's ridiculously high.

Usually when the community asks for nerfs it isn't anything major (a few percent of cauterize nerf, nerfing the burst dmg etc) and the devs either don't react or when they do they essentially kill the thing with nerfs. The only bigger changes i've seen being asked are reworks of a few legendaries (mentioned above) and maybe some abilites but that is rarer.

The recent card rework was actually well done and i hope they keep it up
    Yeah its a trend that only got worse when the game "came out". Previously in open beta we had a two week patch cycle, which gave Hi-rez a bit of leeway when making balance changes and even then they tended to just "nerf smash" a lot of stuff. But now with the 6+ week cycle it is almost a necessity to "oversteep" with the balance changes, because if they break something they wont be immediately capable of fixing it(a.k.a they wont be making a ton of "fine tunning" patches).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravielsk View Post
    Yeah its a trend that only got worse when the game "came out". Previously in open beta we had a two week patch cycle, which gave Hi-rez a bit of leeway when making balance changes and even then they tended to just "nerf smash" a lot of stuff. But now with the 6+ week cycle it is almost a necessity to "oversteep" with the balance changes, because if they break something they wont be immediately capable of fixing it(a.k.a they wont be making a ton of "fine tunning" patches).
    Yea i remember that back then the game actually felt better to me despite being unfinished (I'll pretend ob64 never happened lol). I guess that's a major problem with games that feature a lot of playable characters which isn't entirely unexpected i just wish they listened to the community a bit more cuz i have met a lot of people with great ideas that could make paladins a lot better (not just balance wise either). And also i wish they were more invested into the game because even small patches can make all the difference