Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Fix burst meta, increase ttk, #makepaladinsgreatagain

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GaoShun View Post
    Also, now that this post has been written, and these champions with good winrate are not the META champions, Hirez/evilMojo will nerf them.
    Aer you saying that HiRez is imposing a meta, instead than working to get a whole balance?
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Aer you saying that HiRez is imposing a meta, instead than working to get a whole balance?
    rhetorical question is rhetorical
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GaoShun View Post
    rhetorical question is rhetorical
    I'd just hoped to hear "No, I was meaning a different thing, HiRez would NEVER do such a thing" :-/
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    yup i agree.
    TTK needs to be increased, easy burst meta/spam meta should gone.
    team/hard work combo/counter pick should become what will make you win the game. its better than spam seedlings with dredge all time (poor willo)
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by QcDiablo View Post
    Who and what counters Androxus then?
    Okay, after doing some PUGs. I notice a pattern in countering Androxus. You see, Androxus is almost always paired up with Torvald because Torvald protects him and increases his damage to melt people faster... However, a very consistent counter to both Torvald and Androxus is actually... Vivian. While Vivian is not that good of pick in most situations but she is really good against both of these characters since you stack up on a lot of wrecker with her to instantly pop Torvald's shield, leaving Androxus at a huge disadvantage when he tries to jump on someone...

And if he jumps on you, as Vivian, you have means to block both his headshots and his fist damage via your shield, which means he cannot instantly just melt you like he wanted too, plus you popped his shield on top of that... The Andro should die if he continues to commit, or he just punches your shield and flees... And as long as you keep hunting Andro down, he can't really do anything to you (except use his ultimate on you, which he won't have instantly)... And if he doesn't have a Torvald, then you can have more DPS or 20% DR, the latter really hurts Andro's DPS and ability to melt you...

Now, granted, this is basically Vivian's only job right now in the pro scene and PUGs... To counter Torvald and shields in general, but she does help a lot against Androxus. So, something to try out if you're playing ranked and you see enemy team going this combo... It might work, might not. I don't know how skilled you people are.
    ~[Titled Champions]~
    *Pip, The Rogue Alchemist
    *Mal'Damba, Wekono's Chosen
    *Seris, Oracle of the Abyss
    *Jenos, The Ascended
    *Furia, The Angel of Vengeance

*Torvald, The Runic Sage
    *Fernando, The Self-Appointed Knight
    *Khan, Primus of House Aico
    *Makoa, The Ancient
    *Inara, The Stone Warden

*Bomb King, His Majesty
    *Drogoz, The Greedy
    *Viktor, The Lone Wolf
    *Dredge, Admiral of the Abyss

*Evie, The Winter Witch
    *Zhin, The Tyrant

Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravielsk View Post
    Looking at steam charts its clear the game cannot retain a player base.
    Here's the thing... The problem isn't the game's balance. The real problem why people maybe leaving is probably because of a combination of bugs and the game being very overwhelming. I introduced a group of my friends to Paladins recently and they even agreed that if it wasn't for me teaching them about the game, they wouldn't have played this because there is just so much to learn. A lot to be overwhelmed by.

This is just a consistent problem with MOBAs in general and usually, this game will eventually just equalized itself with it's own set fanbase and continue being alive. Because, in reality, the people that are leaving NEVER spent a single dime on the game and aren't keeping the game up and running... That would be the more consistent players who knows the game much better or at least to a point knows it. That would be players like me and everyone here who, I assume, still plays the game, some of us still buys skins, and so on... We're the core of Paladins and what keeping it alive. A lot of the newcomers that just comes and go, and other free-players... They're not gonna stick around. They're not gonna care to learn and get better at the game...

And honestly, who cares? They aren't gonna spend money on this game and not gonna support the dev team. They're not gonna learn and play the game properly and get better. They're not gonna do anything to really contribute to this game, and that's fine. As much as I would love to keep seeing more players join this game and stay (which does happen still, granted)... I'm not gonna worry about players that don't wanna commit or can't commit to the game.

There is also the fact that some players have problems with the Steam version of game and they're not leaving the game but switching over to Hi-Rez version of the launcher... Ya know, directly playing it without Steam and what not. So who knows how many players we actually did lost, if ya wanna take that into account.
    ~[Titled Champions]~
    *Pip, The Rogue Alchemist
    *Mal'Damba, Wekono's Chosen
    *Seris, Oracle of the Abyss
    *Jenos, The Ascended
    *Furia, The Angel of Vengeance

*Torvald, The Runic Sage
    *Fernando, The Self-Appointed Knight
    *Khan, Primus of House Aico
    *Makoa, The Ancient
    *Inara, The Stone Warden

*Bomb King, His Majesty
    *Drogoz, The Greedy
    *Viktor, The Lone Wolf
    *Dredge, Admiral of the Abyss

*Evie, The Winter Witch
    *Zhin, The Tyrant

Beta Player Knight xRogueHunterXx's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Community is asking for higher TTK since... don't know, when I've joined the forum almost 2 years ago, they were ALREADY asking for higher TTK. But now TTK is insane. Half of the times, I die for I don't even know why.

We don't want more heal-per-sec on supports, we want less dmg on flankers and some DDs. Give them back mobility and lower their dmg. Give supports back their HP, escape abilities and dmg, so they can survive. Give tanks back their tankiness.

If we'd wanted to play CoD, we would be playing CoD. We want the time to apply some strategy on this game. Increase TTK.
    agreed. i couldnt agree more. The more ttk in this game the better. It would be so fun if clutch moments would take much longer and it would take them much more time to kill me. I ve been playing this game since ob50 where ttk already started getting lower..never saw the game when andro used to deal 350 dmg now with his semi automatic gun. or strix with his flare..

Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Jusey1 View Post
    Here's the thing... The problem isn't the game's balance. The real problem why people maybe leaving is probably because of a combination of bugs and the game being very overwhelming. I introduced a group of my friends to Paladins recently and they even agreed that if it wasn't for me teaching them about the game, they wouldn't have played this because there is just so much to learn. A lot to be overwhelmed by.

This is just a consistent problem with MOBAs in general and usually, this game will eventually just equalized itself with it's own set fanbase and continue being alive. Because, in reality, the people that are leaving NEVER spent a single dime on the game and aren't keeping the game up and running... That would be the more consistent players who knows the game much better or at least to a point knows it. That would be players like me and everyone here who, I assume, still plays the game, some of us still buys skins, and so on... We're the core of Paladins and what keeping it alive. A lot of the newcomers that just comes and go, and other free-players... They're not gonna stick around. They're not gonna care to learn and get better at the game...

And honestly, who cares? They aren't gonna spend money on this game and not gonna support the dev team. They're not gonna learn and play the game properly and get better. They're not gonna do anything to really contribute to this game, and that's fine. As much as I would love to keep seeing more players join this game and stay (which does happen still, granted)... I'm not gonna worry about players that don't wanna commit or can't commit to the game.
    Disagree, for F2P games, influx of new players is the core of its survival.

Also, less players = worse MM which accumulates in more players quitting.
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Level
    Achievements:
    From what Walla said, info arrived from Devs, the core business (aka: those who spend more money) of this game *ARE* precisely new players. They get fascinated by the game, they buy a couple of skins for their main or they buy the founder's pack (or how it is called now), then they leave for the next game in the trend-of-the-week list.

It's not pro players that keep the game alive: they are the ones GIFTED with skins and so on, for advertising reasons. It's exactly newbies that represent about 90% of the income of this game.
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

Level
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    From what Walla said, info arrived from Devs, the core business (aka: those who spend more money) of this game *ARE* precisely new players. They get fascinated by the game, they buy a couple of skins for their main or they buy the founder's pack (or how it is called now), then they leave for the next game in the trend-of-the-week list.

It's not pro players that keep the game alive: they are the ones GIFTED with skins and so on, for advertising reasons. It's exactly newbies that represent about 90% of the income of this game.
    You are absolutely correct.

However, games only really make huge profits when they have the influx and higher retention than the competition. This is how WoW and many other games do so well; massive and repeated influx of new players with high retention. If Evil Mojo can find a way to increase retention without dropping influx, they will make more money. The most obvious ways to work on that are fixing character and overall team balance.

I don't know how they work on character balance specifically, but: if they picked a single baseline character for each class, balanced those against each other, and then proceeded to balance all others from each class around those baselines, it should improve overall balance between all characters regardless of the team-ups with the additional benefit of making loadout based playstyles more fun. Truth be told, this method of character balancing should also help alleviate the current burst meta this thread is about by making most 1v1's more even in the technical aspect so that the skill aspect is what really makes the difference. This also improves another dynamic: team plays to overcome a superior skilled opponent.

Beyond that, it's just a combination of matchmaking (which is discussed in another thread) and overall avoidance of serious OP-ness in the long run. Champs may release OP or temporarily become OP due to intentional changes or mis-balance; but for the most part should always pull back to a central balance point based on the above fulcrum balance.
    Associates in Game Design from Full Sail University, working on Bachelors - due to graduate in April 2019.