Thread: What happened to the forums activity?

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3

Question What happened to the forums activity?

I'm just wondering, what ever happened to this forum? The concurrent viewers in all sections have been majorly decreased; I remember feedback used to have at least 100 on at a time, but now, only 30 or so? Can someone explain?

Most Damage:
    143K - Sha Lin

Most Healing:
    155K - Grover

Most Objective Time:
    451 Seconds - Khan

Most Killing Blows:
    38 - Tyra

Best Statistical Game: Jenos - Casual - Primal Court - 10:03 (Match ID: 242118557)
    Stat Line: 15/2/28 + 37 Streak
    Objective Time: 130
    Damage: 28,960
    Shielding: 0
    Healing: 73,079

Honourable Mention: Strix - Casual - Serpent Beach - 12:54 (Match ID: 229445762)
    Stat Line: 20/0/13
    Objective Time: 53
    Damage: 64,783
    Shielding: 0
    Healing: 0

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    We had a gigant sequence of login and browse issues that lasted for a long while. I had users reporting they were unable to use the forums for 2 weeks straight. This peeved the majority of the users enough so they stopped using the forums as much as they used to.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    The process has started with CU. Except for the huge mess of people ranting for it, when HiRez stated they didn't want to listen to community, many users left. Very few came back.
    Considering that player base is shrinking, that Reddit seems to be the only place where Devs actually listen to people and that many very active users have been made moderators, you get the idea.

I'd add the login issue just as minor fact.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    The process has started with CU. Except for the huge mess of people ranting for it, when HiRez stated they didn't want to listen to community, many users left. Very few came back.
    Considering that player base is shrinking, that Reddit seems to be the only place where Devs actually listen to people and that many very active users have been made moderators, you get the idea.

I'd add the login issue just as minor fact.

What you said is completely backwards to the real situation. Most of the mods I've recruited were already less active before being recruited, they even admitted that to me prior to their promotion. If you doubt me try searching their posting activity before May 16th. Their promotion has absolutely NOTHING to do with the lass activity on the forums. After all, if a forum gets hit by having TEN less active users then it's already dead, making this already-absurd statement invalid by itself.

The login issues were not a minor fact, they were a major fact. I have actual data on this, so I'm not saying this from my rear, I'm saying this based on actual facts. The "/ error in application" + disappearance of console login links until I added it to the head notice + Database error + continuous and constant loging off because the servers were being reset were the real issue. We had a very brutal decrease on users explicitly because of that. Unlike what people think, we didn't lose too much activity on OB64, and after it was removed we had a 25% to 50% activity increase.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    What I was saying is that the guys (quite active), once turned mods, stop obviously writing random stuffs in off topic sections and so on. Some, even to debate balance or similar. Again, for obvious reasons.
    Since there were few active users, the loss of their posts has been felt. That doesn't mean you've promoted them to mod for having the forum emptier, it is just a normal consequences of being in charge of moderation.

As said, after CU activity raised, due to people complains. After a while, when it was clear HiRez was not going to remove it, many left. After CU has been removed, some came back, just to flee again soon, when the first "strange" patches (with unpopular balance actions, let's say) arrived.
    It's a while since we started to notice forum emptiness. I am speaking of months, not just weeks. There were many threads also in the past, I am sure you're aware of them. Long before the login issue.
    I've finally found it!

#StopPlayingSupports

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    I am speaking of months, not just weeks. There were many threads also in the past, I am sure you're aware of them. Long before the login issue.
    You can speak of the dawn of time if you wish, that won't change any of what I said, for I am stating facts that can't be changed with mere interpretation.

As I also said, if the forums felt the loss of their activity - such activity that they denied having themselves, so I don't know why the hell you are arguing with them - then the problem came prior to their promotion.

Feel free to deny facts if you want, but they won't be changed.

Peace out.

Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    For an official board it's surprisingly unstable, reminds a bit at the ingame chat.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    As I also said, if the forums felt the loss of their activity - such activity that they denied having themselves, so I don't know why the hell you are arguing with them - then the problem came prior to their promotion.
    Arguing with who?

Come back and check, for example, when ThatOthell stopped being here everyday, just to name the first one in my mind...
    It is not a matter of facts denial, it is that they are not in the forum since a long while. I hear them on other channels, but still, they are not here writing posts :-/

Why are you taking this so seriously?
    We had tons of random readers (not registered) and many active user. It is no longer like that. Login issue can't change so dramatically the number of guests but still, from main page:
    "There are currently 1010 users online. 14 members and 996 guests
    Most users ever online was 120,406, 05-07-2017 at 12:10 AM."
    And today is a good day. I've checked a couple of days ago and we were below 500 users (7 members).

However, not my problem. The fact is: forum is empty and OP is curious on the reason.
    I've finally found it!

#StopPlayingSupports

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    I'm with Wallachia on this one. It's kind of annoying to be logged out of your account EVERY TIME YOU TRY TO POST SOMETHING. CU was more of thing for everyone to get together and rejoice over it's removal than what made people leave the forum.

(FYI, I tried to post this comment from my phone multiple times and each time it logged me out)
    Signatures are meant to be short, sweet, and witty!!!!

So... lets pretend this one fits all those requirements, k?

Forum Moderator Prince Peinzius's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    lol maybe Pr0, aexis and I were more active when we became mods, all the other mods increased their activity by loads. Not to mention, around OB 60 I personally lost interest in balance discussions so I wasn't as active as I was on them before.

The playerbase as a whole has gone down a little bit, so it's natural forum activity would too. There are lots of active users now, just different ones from before.
    *Disclaimer*: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the forum's Code of Conduct.

Need technical or account help? Submit a support ticket!

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Your Mom's hot,
    Does she have a snap?