View Poll Results: How do you support buffing buck?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increasing his damage from 700 to 800

2 12.50%
  • Increasing his health from 2300 to 2400-2500

2 12.50%
  • Giving him an extra 1 or 2 ammunition.

12 75.00%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff Buck a little bit?

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Buff Buck a little bit?

Hello, ill just get into it, i left paladins in may or june last year, when buck's health got nerfed from 3000 to 2800, which i can understand why, but now i came back to the game, and it's even more fun!

But, I Just have one question, What. the. fuck. happened to this poor soul?

His health got reduced from 2800 to 2300, Buck has the worst dps compared to other flanks, his health is what kept him alive.

and his damage, it used to deal 575 with 2800 health, But now, 800 to 575 to 700, If you're gonna nerf his health, at least buff his damage to 800, especially with this much spread.

And his ammo count, from 6 to 4, I Don't personally have a problem with this, at least his reload speed is faster.

Heroic leap doesn't deal damage anymore, again, i don't have alot of problems with this.

Sorry for my shitty grammar.

tl;dr Buff buck's damage to 800 or health to 2400-2500.

Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RikiMaroX2 View Post
    Hello, ill just get into it, i left paladins in may or june last year, when buck's health got nerfed from 3000 to 2800, which i can understand why, but now i came back to the game, and it's even more fun!

His health got reduced from 2800 to 2300, Buck has the worst dps compared to other flanks, his health is what kept him alive.

and his damage, it used to deal 575 with 2800 health, But now, 800 to 575 to 700, If you're gonna nerf his health, at least buff his damage to 800, especially with this much spread.

And his ammo count, from 6 to 4, I Don't personally have a problem with this, at least his reload speed is faster.

Heroic leap doesn't deal damage anymore, again, i don't have alot of problems with this.

His damage was nerfed from 800 to 700 not very long ago. He gets nerfs for quite a while now. His heal, his damage reduction, HP and dps.

Beta Player Knight MiniMarquess's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Buck’s target (supports) health: Pip had 2500hp, Mal Damba 2650hp, Grohk 3000hp, Ying 2500hp, Jenos 2600hp, Seris 2600hp, Grover 3600hp. Now they’ve all the same base hp (2200, no, it’s not a joke).

With Bulk Up he gains 300hp (always with right deck) —> 2600hp.
    With Bounce House, Heroic Leap deals 600 damage and knocks up enemies within 20 units of where he lands.

As you said, less ammo and faster reload. He has everything you need in his deck, but you cannot have everything, you must chose what you need (what’s your playstile?)

PS: 2300hp is the higher hp value in his class, and he has more life than every support and damage (almost, Drogo has 2400hp, but, with Bulck Up, Buck has more hp).

PPS: If you want to consider the dps (only thing that for you matter ):
    Buck: 700dps + headshots (up to 1050).
    With Ensnare: 910 + headshots (up to 1260). Net CD: up to 5s (reset if you get the kill) // it lasts up to 3.5s
    And dps = dmg per hit.

Evie: 850 dps. No headshot, just on direct hit, she has not other abilities to deal dmg.
    With Over the Moon: 1020 dps. // Soar CD: 10s (reset if you get the kill) // it lasts 3s.
    She has 500/800 less hp. But good mobility.
    They both have good self-sustain (Flickr - Recovery)
    Buck can still count on great self-healing (up to 1600hp/5s) and dmg reduction (recently nerfed).
    I like to play many champions, but I'm a support-main.
    Please, stop nerf healers 'cause they can even kill a flank once in a hundred.
    you need help and much more skill, trust me.

If you think a support needs a nerf, just play him. You'll see how ez it is to play with 4 "vhs" spammer
    vs a full cauterize team, with a kth-tank
    and maybe 2 flankers who just want you dead.

I bet after 5 minutes you’ll say: “Please, buff healers!”

»» Galatea - Divinity of the elements ««

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMarquess View Post
    And dps = dmg per hit.
    DPS stands for DAMAGE. PER. SECOND not damage per him.

I agree that Buck needs some kind of adjustment since he is kinda underwhelming at the moment.
    My suggestion would be to increase his maximum ammo capacity from 4 to 5 and decrease the cooldown of Heroic Leap from 10 to 8 seconds.
    That's all he needs in my eyes.

Beta Player Marquess FluffyRuff's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    The one thing i want honestly is for him to have is his old heal animation back but keep the new heal animation he has for only when he uses bulk up.

This was something I think many people wanted when they heard about his healing animation increase change.
    #GiveRuckusMoreThan1ViableTalent and #DeleteDampenerAndGiveHimBackHis500Hp

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...ts-more-viable

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Giving Buck 1 or 2 extra ammos with this reload speed could probably make him more balanced, because right now, he has the least dps in all of the flanks and huge spread.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3
    I feel like buck isn't in an extremely bad scenario, don't @ me, i do think that he got nerfed quite badly but so did the other classes. Yes his reload speed is now slower then what it used to be before, but now it adds worthiness to his reload, buck is the only character, as far as i know, who can cancel his reload time for 1 or 2 clips, THIS IS INFLUENTIAL, while other flanks have to wait the entire time, he can cancel it, yeah there are options for other flanks like andro punch, but who are we kidding, that's just broken.
    His reload speed now adds some weight into cancelling his reload or hide and reload, i remember back when he had his original reload speed i would just spam M1, and try to hit that last shot and get the kill, now it's a very risky situation, you really need to decide whether you wanna retreat or try and hit the final shot which can define life or death between the two of you.

I think they should just increase dps and tune the spread i believe, also why do you want the damage of heroic leap anyways? I am a LONG term user of bounce house(mainly because i felt other LC were "useless" when they were clearly better) and the major problem you get placed in is his movement ability, you got no separate disengaging ability for buck, if you are looking to engage with heroic leap, you should be VERY SURE that your enemy is alone, other wise you are a toast m8.

Banned Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Giving Buck 1 or 2 extra ammos with this reload speed could probably make him more balanced, because right now, he has the least dps in all of the flanks and huge spread.
    buck got a huge dmg the reason he got 4 ammo cause his dmg is 2x stronger than BK on CQC also giving him 2 extra is a NO. theirs are some card give ammo on buck if he use his skill if you want more POW give buck fast reload card.

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    to be honest i dont know if you could say that buck only has 700 damage per shot, as in close rage it is pretty easy to get headshots with him incresing hes danage per shot to 1050.
    but i do net beleve he needs more health, he just needs to have his leap get buffed up a lot. with a 6-8 sec cooldown and a bit bigger jump strenght

Beta Player Knight MiniMarquess's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

I'm with genius

Quote Originally Posted by MRtriggerbot View Post
    DPS stands for DAMAGE. PER. SECOND not damage per him.
    Wow... really?!?!
    I didn't know... so the "s" stands for second and not for him (maybe hit)? Are you sure?
    Wow, this make sense… DPS = DamagePerSecond and not DamagePerHit, ty, you're so cool
    Let me chech yust one thing…

Shotgun

Direct Damage

A massive shotgun that fires 20 small pieces of shrapnel that deal up to 700 damage every 1s. Effective at Short Range.

Nooo!!! Impossible… so Buck (as Evie, Pip and many other champions) can fire one shot each second… but, in this case… the dps is… no… wow… the dmg per hit/shot. Incredible.

However, thank you for the grammar lesson
    I like to play many champions, but I'm a support-main.
    Please, stop nerf healers 'cause they can even kill a flank once in a hundred.
    you need help and much more skill, trust me.

If you think a support needs a nerf, just play him. You'll see how ez it is to play with 4 "vhs" spammer
    vs a full cauterize team, with a kth-tank
    and maybe 2 flankers who just want you dead.

I bet after 5 minutes you’ll say: “Please, buff healers!”

»» Galatea - Divinity of the elements ««