Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.5 Update Notes | Xenosynthesis

Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotographerX View Post
    NEW: CONSOLE REPORTING
    The ability to report in game has been added to all consoles in the end of match lobby

but how can we report when now it you add this ?

"Requeue

In Casual and Ranked queues, as soon as players enter the end of match lobby, they will be immediately be requeued."

And this

"For every queue except Ranked, players will no longer need to accept the queue."

?

so in ranked you will immediately be requeued and if you choose to not accept you get a deserter penalty?

accept a queue was a tool to reduce AFK players... bathroom breaks or something else...

"immediately be requeued" what the hell? I cant read stats , i cant go to bathroom, i cant go get something to eat, I cant take a break or pick another game mode, etc

adding the " no longer need to accept the queue" and "immediately be requeued" will increase the number of AFK and bot players.

after OB64 this is worse thing added to the game, this queue system because longe story short... it ob64 sucks
    Agreed about the console reporting thing. But I like that we finally can report afkers, toxic players and trolls now! (hoping that it'll work lol)

I'm not liking this requeue thing and having bad thoughts about it and I haven't tried it yet! Don't wanna be Mr. smartass here but didn't they said you can cancel the requeue? So why not do that, get your things done and get back whenever you want to??!!

Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by mjacobs92
    So why not do that, get your things done and get back whenever you want to??!!
    We only have a few seconds to click the right spot assuming computer speed, lag, poorly implemented UI, bug in the game not registering your click, or any other of a million things prevent you from getting to the button in time. After that you'll have to leave the match results screen and leave your party to escape the queue. By then you're likely in a new match lobby anyway with the other people in the same boat as you so you'll get a deserter penalty for your trouble.

Also, I know at least one person who likes to play the game but cares nothing about record or ELO. If auto-requeue traps them and they were about to get up to get a drink or something, they wouldn't even give it a thought to let the game auto-pick for them and then place them in game AFK while their team goes 4v5. I saw this happen once already and the 4v5 team had to lose a cap before the game replaced the AFK player with a bot. In terms of EULA, the person didn't violate it - they didn't begin AFK while in game or queue... they went AFK while not in a queue, which is within the rules (as far as I know, there's nothing about going AFK on the main menu, for example), so reporting (if that worked) wouldn't help here.
    Last edited by Fortis01; 09-12-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortis01 View Post
    We only have a few seconds to click the right spot assuming computer speed, lag, poorly implemented UI, bug in the game not registering your click, or any other of a million things prevent you from getting to the button in time. After that you'll have to leave the match results screen and leave your party to escape the queue. By then you're likely in a new match lobby anyway with the other people in the same boat as you so you'll get a deserter penalty for your trouble.

Also, I know at least one person who likes to play the game but cares nothing about record or ELO. If auto-requeue traps them and they were about to get up to get a drink or something, they wouldn't even give it a thought to let the game auto-pick for them and then place them in game AFK while their team goes 4v5. I saw this happen once already and the 4v5 team had to lose a cap before the game replaced the AFK player with a bot. In terms of EULA, the person didn't violate it - they didn't begin AFK while in game or queue... they went AFK while not in a queue, which is within the rules (as far as I know, there's nothing about going AFK on the main menu, for example), so reporting (if that worked) wouldn't help here.
    Ahh I see, sorry didn't know this like I said I haven't tried it myself, and I agree that's a step in the wrong direction, we could wait that one person who wouldn't accept the queue, it's always been like that, not a big issue really.

I think some people aren't aware of this change yet, I'm sure many people don't even check the patch notes!

Community Manager Viscount EvilMojoAlyssa's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The new queue flow is definitely an adjustment and it's going to take a while to get used to opting out of games when you want to quit playing, but analyzing queue systems from other online games, these features are pretty standard across the board. We implemented the new flow because we feel like it's going to be better for Paladins in the long-run, but that being said, we're still definitely monitoring the variables and may make adjustments so it feels good for the whole playerbase.

Some of the statistics we're looking at in particular are the number of bots in matches, queue time, and general quality of matches and matchmaking. A couple of different options in the near-term are to increase the amount of time before players are requeued and add additional visual indicators for how to exit queue. The update isn't out on console yet, so we also need to look at those numbers and see how they compare with PC.

I know it's a big change that will require some adjustment, but to develop a great game developers can't make a knee-jerk reactions after one day. Instead, we have to analyze the trends over a period of time and see how they impact all players. Despite the changes in the queue flow, I still hope you guys are enjoying the patch! We're trying to hit some community-requested features each update, so in this one we added console reporting and adjusted Moji's hitbox. Also, we implemented some fixes for the chat box disappearing issue yesterday and today but it keeps rearing it's ugly head back up, so I'll keep you guys updated if we have a hotfix later this week or next.
    Last edited by EvilMojoAlyssa; 09-12-2018 at 03:16 PM.
    Lead Community Manager | @HiRezAlyssa

Be sure to read the Forum's Code of Conduct before posting!

Can't solve your problem on the forums? Submit a Support Ticket.

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMojoAlyssa View Post
    The new queue flow is definitely an adjustment and it's going to take a while to get used to opting out of games when you want to quit playing, but analyzing queue systems from other online games, these features are pretty standard across the board. We implemented the new flow because we feel like it's going to be better for Paladins in the long-run, but that being said, we're still definitely monitoring the variables and may make adjustments so it feels good for the whole playerbase.

Some of the statistics we're looking at in particular are the number of bots in matches, queue time, and general quality of matches and matchmaking. A couple of different options in the near-term are to increase the amount of time before players are requeued and add additional visual indicators for how to exit queue. The update isn't out on console yet, so we also need to look at those numbers and see how they compare with PC.

I know it's a big change that will require some adjustment, but to develop a great game developers can't make a knee-jerk reactions after one day. Instead, we have to analyze the trends over a period of time and see how they impact all players. Despite the changes in the queue flow, I still hope you guys are enjoying the patch! We're implemented some fixes for the chat box disappearing issue but it keeps rearing it's ugly head back up, so I'll keep you guys updated if we have a hotfix later this week or next.
    This should have gone to PTS first for a week or two. That would help avoid these kinds of reactions by working out the bugs before it goes live. I don't understand why you guys aren't doing that for every patch anymore, there are always new bugs with even the simplest of patches that could be caught by it at the least.

Community Manager Viscount EvilMojoAlyssa's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    This should have gone to PTS first for a week or two. That would help avoid these kinds of reactions by working out the bugs before it goes live. I don't understand why you guys aren't doing that for every patch anymore, there are always new bugs with even the simplest of patches that could be caught by it at the least.
    Unfortunately, PTS still wouldn't be an accurate test of the queue flow since such a small percentage of the playerbase as a whole participates in PTS. We generally don't do PTS for the smaller bugfix patches since they rarely introduce new features or content, but in the case that they do like this one, I'll definitely talk with the team about running short PTS cycles to help iron out any kinks.
    Lead Community Manager | @HiRezAlyssa

Be sure to read the Forum's Code of Conduct before posting!

Can't solve your problem on the forums? Submit a Support Ticket.

#CancelPatch15

#CancelPatch15

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMojoAlyssa View Post
    Excuse me for pointing out the obvious but... you've tried with new queue. EVERYONE says it is bad. EVERYONE says you should remove it (add long list of reasons) and you're answer is just "it is better, deal with it".
    Am I the only one with a strong deja vu of cards unbound?

The game must be "comfortable" for the community. If this queue for the community is just a problem, maybe there's something wrong.
    It is ok to test new things, check they're not as good as you thought, and then move on. Why stubbornly insisting on something we don't want and we didn't ask for?

We don't want to adapt, because there's absolutely no reason for anyone to not have the possibility to check results, report players, or just simply to go to the toilet to piss.
    One "adapts" when s/he wants something better and accept to wave goodbye to habits. Here there's nothing better we want to achieve, so why shall we sacrifice habits?
    Last edited by Valkure; 09-13-2018 at 01:40 AM. Reason: today I can't write
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points
    Simple Solution: Just give us the function to actively leave queue on result screen, end of story.

Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    ...these features are pretty standard across the board.
    In many of those games issues noted in these threads are mitigated by:
    1. The ability to switch champs in the middle of the game
    2. Joining and leaving games already in-progress without serious penalty
    3. Larger teams (12v12 in TF2 for example)
    Last edited by Fortis01; 09-13-2018 at 06:52 AM.