Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who thought it would be a good idea to add automatic champion selection???

Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    The chat is gone to make people use voice chat (kappa)
    #GiveRuckusMoreThan1ViableTalent and #DeleteDampenerAndGiveHimBackHis500Hp

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...ts-more-viable

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Except that voice chat is broken since long...
    I tested it yesterday. Still broken. You can speak only to your party (which, usually, you're already on voice with).
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Banned Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post
    Personally I would rather play with bots than wait five, ten or more minutes for a game that I would like to spend two or three ours playing.

This is another situation of someone complaining about something without having to see if it will work or not. I prefer to wait and see before commenting or condemning something.

Oh geeze! I guess I did make a comment.

so you'd rather play on a losing side rather the winning side. players want to win not lose on incomplete team its like your in a handicap team vs a muscle team

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot999 View Post
    So, you'd rather play on a losing side rather the winning side?
    Where did I say that?

My point is simply this and nothing more: With the limited time for gaming some of us may have, ten minute waits for a match can be an all night gaming killer. And when we add people not choosing a character or quitting, the wait-time for a game can be even longer - much like this message. Having a bot join a game can relieve some of the long waits. Is it ideal? No. Personally, I'd rather spend the few hours I have with my online games playing them instead of waiting in long queues half the night.

But that's me.
    Last edited by Conrad_Max; 09-14-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Console login link: https://forumlogin.paladins.com/psn.aspx

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

"Thanks for your support!"

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I see that a lot of feeders are going to use this...
    For AFK players... I got no clue... why do they even queue....
    And then there are who suffer software issues and lag upon champ selection...

Others get their fav champ/role taken and throw.
    But most of the time I think its folks who don't like the draft and call skip.
    Like getting drafted into 3 flanks, 1 damage, all numpties who do not combo together.
    Claiming that... hurrr Supports and Frontline are underpowered.
    Feels like you are going to have the worst time due to folks lack of came sense.
    And Auto Pick sounds like a feature that will add to poor drafting.
    I got no time for a game of WATCH MY COMRADES GET SLAUGHTERED
    But I myself will only leave if I detest the salt levels of players in my draft.

Overall I feel if there was a better tutorial to teach folks how to formulate and structure teams, most folks in the casual queue would have some better game sense and be more keen for a game.

The only reason we hate bots is case they are pathetic AI NUMPTIES
    GIVE THEM GODLIKE TIER FUNCTIONING AI THAT CAN HOLD THEIR OWN AGAINST A 4 STACK
    Instead of this... constantly unaware of positioning walking corpses.
    And yes, designing AI is a massive and tedious task... But with better AI then you would have less people giving a toss when a player does drops out and more work can be done to improve NPC style of AI such as Turrets, Illusions, while gaining the ability to add monsters or more summon weak ally sort of skill.
    Cause where it stands right now... Most of the AI is fairly basic, with Ying clonse sometimes not even chasing down

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    Overall I feel if there was a better tutorial to teach folks how to formulate and structure teams, most folks in the casual queue would have some better game sense and be more keen for a game.
    A tutorial would surely be useful, but the thing is: playing support/tank is not considered as rewarding as going pew-pew (and I'm sure I don't have to explain why). You can have all the game sense you want, if playing tank/support is a pitiful experience, you will still not want to play tank/support.

Claiming that... hurrr Supports and Frontline are underpowered.
    Which, by the way, is 100% true.
    I've finally found it!

#StopPlayingSupports

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Playing a frontline is not fun and rewarding eh.
    HOW... YOU ARE THE GOD WARRIOR OF YOUR PEOPLE
    RIPPING AND TARING EVERYTHING IN YOUR WAKE
    Srsly tho Frontline is fun and rewarding. to say otherwise is insane dude. You are the one pulling the focus fire, you make the major zoning changes for your team and lead your kin in making a foot hold on the map to dominate the next push... It is really hard to stop a frontline when their comrades are actually doing something and you are not being foolish about it.

The only thing weak about the frontliners is that some are too easy to bait out or expose counter in certain areas and need quality of life adjustments to cater for their faults that get exploited. Only issue is Khan and his counter and punish style of play that shuts down the performance of other frontliners in a pinch with not muchto stop it. Only troublesome things are the distance he can throw on his ult without much delay and the fact that he can counter any one in locked shield animation.

Overall some FLs need to have their damage/tankiness tables averaged and talents looked at to fix their exploitation issues, but hey, all classes are in need in some ways.

My gripe about the balancing, is that Flanks are a tad over the top. They have magnificent party synergy as they have little flaws to exploit, aside from one or two frames in between animations.
    Above average dps and stupid damage combos that lead to a 100% hp kill.
    Most mobility and best survival tools in the game when combined with healing.
    Decaut windows, cooldown combos, damage for wrecker, anti healing... They often have it all and they prove that they can easily slay most damage and support roles without needing to exploit their kits. And when pocketed they can aptly challenge a frontline if the frontline has no assist.

You give one combo worthy Flank a torvald shield and a heal them in their decaut windows and suddenly you have flanks who can 1v1 a frontline without an ult, bide several seconds of time and then do it again over and over if you fail to lock them down and frag them... And you play flank constantly trying to avoid locked down states.

This healing synergy effect with Supports + Flanks + Decaut Tanks I feel made them look to a hard nerf on support as these three combined together in team a would romp a lot of casual games...

The kill to heal buff is actually quite gold when you don't get slammed with caut all the time. But playing a support is cowardly due to NO ONE ON YOUR TEAM EVER LOOKS OUT FOR YOU to make use of your synergy with the team. A due cauterise window from a shield or something.

In my mind, the concept of flanks right now warped.
    Flanks should not have the damage to easily kill people in a full hp 1v1 trade before they can react. Because most of the community think that is what a flanker does and it is effective they have promoted this playstyle in a few kits.

Flanks need to become more team dependant in a manner that allows them to be proficient slayers of injured %65 hp foes and have a more hassle with full hp threats. Damage wise, some flanks need to fire an extra shot to kill foes while others could have their absurd damage talents and over tuned cards dialled back but gain greater utility moves like close quarter skill shot slows, silences, cripples instead that make bigger secure kill windows for yourself and the team, instead of quick and instant obliteration.

The Murder Assassin type gameplay that people expect of flanks is what is killing the game with high flank damage.
    People to pick up flank and dive folks cause people think flanks are supposed to win every trade with a squishy. We know the kind.

I say they need to shift their focus of the role to a sort of mini frontlines. lesser dps then damage but have the ability to stay in that area a long time with mobility, (more effective) stealth, bide time abilities that stretch out fights and force the enemy to reposition. Most flanks can to this well enough as it is, zhin and evie are gods at this with support aid.

But out side of damage, Flanks need some method of making a kill window to slay a max hp champ. If they gained some slight utility CC effects in the forms of talents or kit tweaks for close quarters abilities. Thus these guys become better at zoning out a foe over slaying them at max power in a blink. In this example, give Buck a cripple over a damage on net shot and wow, Tone down andro's overall damage, move speed card, give him a silence on punch and that would make these two feel more like "Opportunistic Assassins" who can punish and make a kill. And that would change things to make flankers fantastic threats to deal with over this meta right now.

I was going to message this to you to save derailing the tread but you inbox is full so. meh.

Beta Player Knight KamikazeleePro's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    who had this brilliant idea has to die for life and be reborn again

Level
    Achievements:
    Playing a frontline is not fun and rewarding eh.
    HOW... YOU ARE THE GOD WARRIOR OF YOUR PEOPLE
    RIPPING AND TARING EVERYTHING IN YOUR WAKE
    With that mobility and that dps? Seriously?
    You are just there to be melted and melted again. Especially if your team is not helping.

Flankers just need dmg reduced and mobility restored, so that playing flank would actually mean "flanking" again. Emptying my inbox, sorry.
    I've finally found it!

#StopPlayingSupports

Banned Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    auto pick is the worst i just go to the toilet about 30s when i came back im stuck using inara with no healer, also this auto pick give me bot team that made me lose 5 times on every match this ruined my game id rather w8 rather got a bot on the team.