Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!!!!!

5 62.50%
  • NO!!!!!!!

3 37.50%
  • Maybe .

0 0%

Thread: Cooldown reduction on healer ? Is it good ?

Beta Player Baronet LeGrandSkyBreak's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Cooldown reduction on healer ? Is it good ?

Hi everyone, I just want to speak about CD reduction on almost all healer in the game, cuz we need to take 5 point in those card. To be a healer! For exemple, did you ever play with a seris without CD reduc.? It's horrible!!!

It's why I want to ask how can we have our personalisable character (the main asset of Paladins, if you don't remenber) with a jenos with 10 points consume on CD reduc. and longer ability ?

So here comes my idea : nerf or delete those card , but buff the base kit of a character !

The buff and nerf
    Jenos: This one was hard to balance , but I think about a radical change (and i'm not sure if it's a good idea x) ) The CD of his RMB decrease from 8 to 7 + a 2nd charges(it's not OP cuz you will have 2 charges only at the beginning of a team fight or after a death, after, you will use rmb every time you can so it will be like now) and no changes about to how long it last.

Also increase Celestial touch from 10% to 13%. This will makes Celestial Touch better cuz you have your abilty more often and 2 times after a long period without heal .

Now his card : "Astral Cycle" changed for "the target recieves [6%/6%] bonus speed (This one will makes Jenos even more better in late game if you take Luminary LC)
    "Retrograde" Changed for : Reapplying Astral Mark on a target which is already healed by Astral mark reduce its cooldown by [0.7|0.7] seconds (should be really strong with Celestial touch at the early game with a solo tank. Also, it may be a card for lower rank ^^ )

Seris: She will be easier to balance , just reduces the CD of RMB from 4Sec to 2Sec and change Soul forge to : Restore soul give [15%\15%] move speed while chanelling (this card will gives seris more survavibility even at level 2/3)

Furia: is actually the best healer in the game , so i think we just need to reduces her cooldown from 4 to 3 sec but with a nerf on her heal and change light forge to : healing an ally under 50% of his max HP gives you [10|10%] more passive

Hey, sorry but i'm a little bit busy and I will make the end later. But you can vote on the poll and tell me what you think about my idea

Thx for reading

LeGrandSkyBreak
    BRING BACK THE OLD ILLUSIONS
    And the old cassie's weapon
    And the old Torvald's shield
    And the old in-game level way

MY best creation :
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...rtal-astronaut

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I'd like to point out 2 things:
    1) Furia has been SEVERELY nerfed in this patch, so, no, it is far from being the best healer in the game (she never was, Damba was still the king)
    2) the problem is that, with the actual meta of Caut 3 and insane burst dmg, the many nerf on supports class and the fact that, let's get real, no one ever protect them, the only way to be VAGUELY useful to your team is to maximize heals (which is bad for long list of reasons I don't want to repeat, I can link you some threads). In this optics, reducing cd is the way to go, because, in the few moments you are alive, you can heal more.

The bad path this game has taken about 10 months ago is that a SUPPORT is not supposed to be only A HEALER. If the game were balance, then you could create hybrid loadouts, in order to contribute more on the team dmg and your own survivability.
    The point is not asking if cd reduction is good, the point is asking why supports can only choose that way.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Beta Player Baronet LeGrandSkyBreak's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Well , it's why I want to try to create some hybrid loadout and play a character without having to use CD reduc. . And yes, for all the reasons you said it's actually impossible . But I just want to share the fact that we can't play healer as we want.

thx for the feedback ^^

damba isn't the best healer , furia is cuz of survavibilty and damage output x)
    BRING BACK THE OLD ILLUSIONS
    And the old cassie's weapon
    And the old Torvald's shield
    And the old in-game level way

MY best creation :
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...rtal-astronaut

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Furia's survivability is shit (always been her downside) and it has been further nerfed in this patch. I suggest you to re-evaluate your opinion.

However, you're right in this: we can't play supports (not healers, please, supports) as we want. So, join our movement to ask HiRez to change supports as they were months ago: funny to play.
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Beta Player Knight MiniMarquess's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I like the idea.
    If I can use 5-10 points to no longer reduce heal CD, i can use that points for survivability, to be faster, deal more dmg... wait a minute, I'm a Support, Hi-Rez decide I'm a heal-"vending machine", I just have to hide, pray, heal, ask for help, die and being harassed. Yes, lovable to play support

I like to silenced players, and play "my" Soul Collector Seris, with more than 3100 health I can even kill a good Lex and being best healer oc.
    I like to play many champions, but I'm a support-main.
    Please, stop nerf healers 'cause they can even kill a flank once in a hundred.
    you need help and much more skill, trust me.

If you think a support needs a nerf, just play him. You'll see how ez it is to play with 4 "vhs" spammer
    vs a full cauterize team, with a kth-tank
    and maybe 2 flankers who just want you dead.

I bet after 5 minutes you’ll say: “Please, buff healers!”

»» Galatea - Divinity of the elements ««

Level
    Achievements:
    Got harassed for an entire game by our Tyra (that died twice. 1 because I was respawning and 1 because I was trying to keep tank alive, ndV) just because my LC and loadout were not good, read "not healing bot".
    I have 67 levels of Ying. I don't care your random opinion, I will go full Bomb Ying. And if you don't agree, pick a healer yourself.

Yes, we won, in 8 minutes. I had zone double enemy tank out of point for whole game. But i had 10k less heals than enemy Damba with full healing loadout...
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3
    So, you want furia's healing to be nerfed, when she already got nerfed, twice? Why be so rude to abby's sister? she doesn't like it.

Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Got harassed for an entire game by our Tyra (that died twice. 1 because I was respawning and 1 because I was trying to keep tank alive, ndV) just because my LC and loadout were not good, read "not healing bot".
    I have 67 levels of Ying. I don't care your random opinion, I will go full Bomb Ying. And if you don't agree, pick a healer yourself.

Yes, we won, in 8 minutes. I had zone double enemy tank out of point for whole game. But i had 10k less heals than enemy Damba with full healing loadout...
    You're an example
    Desire, fear, hate, these ugly words who all men know. I will teach them new, beautiful words. gRoVeR iS oP

Username : TheBedGamer [EU]

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Then follow her example and don't necro.

Closed.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!