Thread: Custom Games

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3

Custom Games

So i was not coming out as clearly as i should had been so i decided to tell in detail what i am thinking when i said giving custom games some love.
    First of all we should be giving the ability to mess with what a team could be able to do. This leads into giving us the following options:
    Locking a specific character or banning characters out for a singular team.
    Locking a loadout for a team.
    Locking or banning out items for a specific team.
    Decreasing the amount of players that could play on a team, goes from a minimum 1 to maximum 5.
    And lastly this option is VERY important, giving us an option to let a team play multiple numbers of same characters, can be really helpful for sniper wars and whatever we wanna do.

Nextly we should be given an ability to mess with the basic stats of a character, so we just a drop down menu with every character which let us alter their stats and alter their ability stats.
    Firstly basic stats go like this:
    Changing the health of a character, could be set from 1 to 10000 or whatever else max you think should be set but 10000 seems enough.
    Changing the damage a character could deal, similarly going from 1 to 10000
    Changing the movement speed of a character from 1 to 10000
    Changing the attack speed of a character from 1 to 10000
    Changing the reload speed of a character from 1 to 10000
    Then we get to alter the stats of the abilities of a character, please note i don't mean giving extra stats, for example:
    Let's say we got zhin's ult, let us alter the time it takes to channel and the damage it does.
    then in another scenario we got mal damba's gourd, let us alter the healing it does from 0 to 10000 and the damage it does from 0 to 10000.
    Also this is only koga specific, with koga's abilities give us an option of amount of energy requires to use it.
    And for every character's abilities let us alter their cooldowns, ulti charge rate and let us lock a talent or ban out talents, including let us alter the stats of the talents.
    Also it will be really helpful if you let us alter the radius of let's say tyra's molotov and damba's gourd but i think that wouldn't be easy so i can let that pass.
    Finally let us alter the stats of the items, and all of their tiers, so we can make haven from 7 to 100 or whatever we wanna do.
    I don't think we should dive into altering the cards stats because there are a lot of cards for every champion and it will just get frustrating so just let us lock a loudout on a character or a player.
    Furthur on player specific customization.
    This means let us lock the loadout for a player, a character for a player, a talent for a specific player, an item for a player and alter the stats of a singular player.

I think that's all what i can think about as of now, if you think i missed something or i over did it please tell me so i can make it less complicated.
    Thanks for reading!

ALSO this is not linked to the topic but can we also have an ability to designs loadouts in practice range, feel like it should be there as making weird fun loadouts gets a little annoying when you have to go back and forth in practice range just to get what you were planning for.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by ElectroPaladin; 08-17-2018 at 01:48 AM.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Both of you ideas are awesome, but don't you think they are extra complicated?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Both of you ideas are awesome, but don't you think they are extra complicated?
    It depends on how much they wanna invest in it, but if they could only just let us mess with the basic stats like speed damage health and stuff i don't think it would be that hard. And as time goes they can also let us alter the abilities, the more chance of customizing we get the better the custom game modes we can create.
    and the ceating the loadout in practice range one, i don't know how that is complicated in any way, it's just simple loadout creation, probably i am not thinking the idea through.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroPaladin View Post
    It depends on how much they wanna invest in it, but if they could only just let us mess with the basic stats like speed damage health and stuff i don't think it would be that hard. And as time goes they can also let us alter the abilities, the more chance of customizing we get the better the custom game modes we can create.
    and the ceating the loadout in practice range one, i don't know how that is complicated in any way, it's just simple loadout creation, probably i am not thinking the idea through.
    I meant only about the custom games idea. But you also made me think of another advantage: this would allow them to better balance the game by experimenting with custom games.

Seriously, I loved your ideas.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    I meant only about the custom games idea. But you also made me think of another advantage: this would allow them to better balance the game by experimenting with custom games.

Seriously, I loved your ideas.
    They need to let us alter almost whatever we want to, it depends on the player, if they are dedicated about their gamemode they can go for most complex stuff while if they are not feeling like it, then simple gamemodes could also be made.

I'll go in depth tomorrow and explain the idea completely, thanks for supporting it!

Level
    Achievements:
    I have updated the thread and wrote whatever was in my mind regarding the custom games, give me some feedback and let's hope they implement this because damn these custom games would be crazy if we can make them.

Beta Player Marquess Evanstanislass's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    crazy stuff mate. I hope it's in the game
    I make Champion Concept. All of my champion concepts are in HERE

Add me Evanstanislass on PS4

My Youtube Channel can be found in here

Need help?

My Current Discussion:
    Best Time to play Paladins?
    Cross play in Paladins
    About Necro

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanstanislass View Post
    crazy stuff mate. I hope it's in the game
    Same, i just hope this come into the eyes of a hi-rez employee and they think about it.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroPaladin View Post
    Same, i just hope this come into the eyes of a hi-rez employee and they think about it.
    I'll forward this thread to them.