Thread: Let's talk about voice line monetization

Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Let's talk about voice line monetization

After Hi-Rez locked the voice lines behind a paywall, the game is a little different these days....rather bland
    I personally regret the decision to lock voice behind paywall and this is the Paladins monetization I am totally disagree and should be changed

Since the monetization has gone for several months and there are people that already bought those voices what do you guys think Hi-Rez should do with this

1. Open voice lines to bought with gold again and refund those that bought them (would be an amazing PR but this is very unlikely)
    2. Lowered voice line crystal price to 75 and refund those that bought them full price (great PR move, and would be mostly fair)
    3. have a pack consists of all voice lines (bad PR move, public would see this as scummy monetization move, however there are people that willing to buy)
    4. place voice lines in RNG box (very bad PR move, doubt people would buy cause RNG might give them a voice for a champion they don't like)
    5. Keep the current price and monetization model (..... I don't support this)
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Beta Player Viscount ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    I also agree with the price of voice lines being lowered down, or if that couldn't happen atleast let us use the voice packs for the skins we bought and don't have the basic voice pack for.
    But again, it's hi-rez, you can't expect much from them.

Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester

Voicepacks

Seriously when i buy skin i at least expect to unlock voice pack with it as well but its not like that in this game. You have to get both "base voice" and "skin" together.As a result you have to spend more crystal for voicepack.I have heard that they have a reason to lock voicepack behind crystals but dont know exact reason but this became way more annoying for long time. I already have all champions i played game since from beta(though i had to take breaks) and bought skins for it. I have gold but i cant spend it for anything. I think they should return to orginal system where voicepacks are also buyable with decent amount of gold or they can seperate skin voicepacks from base voicepack but i prefer first solution over latter.What does paladins community think about voicepacks? Is it really worth to spend 200 crystal over it? If there is good reason for this can someone explain to me?

Beta Player Grand Prince GeSteYiam's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points
    Obviously option 1 is the best.
    The least they should do is to give the voice pack of a champion if you purchase an epic or.legendary skin for that champion. If i waste 600 crystals buying a skin i demand to have the whole product. The addition of an rng chest about voice packs would not be such a bad idea, it would certainly benefit the people that want all voice packs.

Also as I have said before the voice packs should be free since the team with voice packs has a significant advantage over the team without voice packs.
    Last edited by GeSteYiam; 08-11-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycnus View Post
    Seriously when i buy skin i at least expect to unlock voice pack with it as well but its not like that in this game.
    Absolutely. It's a part of the skin and it used to be like that I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroPaladin View Post
    I also agree with the price of voice lines being lowered down, or if that couldn't happen atleast let us use the voice packs for the skins we bought and don't have the basic voice pack for.
    But again, it's hi-rez, you can't expect much from them.
    They need to think, long term PR move by gifting voice lines or short term monetary value (I don't think people buy voice lines btw... hearing Khan/Furia is very rare)

Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    Obviously option 1 is the best.
    The least they should do is to give the voice pack of a champion if you purchase an epic or.legendary skin for that champion. If i waste 600 crystals buying a skin i demand to have the whole product. The addition of an rng chest about voice packs would not be such a bad idea, it would certainly benefit the people that want all voice packs.

Also as I have said before the voice packs should be free since the team with voice packs has a significant advantage over the team without voice packs.
    Completely agree.
    Anyone knows why they decide Champion pack has no voice lines? and why there isn't any commotion about it? Isn't this what reddit usually get riled up about? (I sincerely doubt they even read this thread)
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction