Thread: Paladins is expensive?

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester

Paladins is expensive?

Hello community
    I know so the Hi Rez team needs money but if i want the new event skins i need to buy the 1500 crystals pack (25$), to me its a lot of money
    opinions?

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3
    It is very expensive no doubt.

But again you are complaining on the skins to be less monetized, that's just not gonna happen, it would make sense if a core game item was monetized and if that was the case the game would had been dead.

Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    It is, indeed, expensive, but being the game completely free to play in it's core mechanics, cosmethic purchases are the best way to raise money, so I guess we have to deal with it :/
    Surely nobody would complain if, for example, direct-purchasable skins would cost 200 crystals, bundles 6-800 and so on, but let's face reality this is not gonna happen ^^"
    I think the real problem is that good quality, limited-timed cosmethic contents are raining down heavily these days, so we have no time to raise crystals via daily login and are """"forced"""" to purchase crystal bundles.
    I know colourful new toys keep ppl attention up, but I'd let more time pass between one major content update and the other, so we could raise at least a quarter/half of the currency we need to purchase the new items and still need to buy some extra crystals to reach our goal ^^
    Mainly healer and tank. Main champs:
    - Support: Seris, Ying, Furia
    - Frontline: Inara, Nando, Torvald
    - Dmg: Vivian

Up for teaming up and have fun playing together,
    shitstormers get on my nerves. <3

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Paladins is free. It will always be free. If we choose to spend money on it for skins or ingame currency, that is on us. Most items/currency in the game can be earned through regular gaming. And if we want more, or if we want those things faster, we have the option to play longer, play better or spend real money. No one is forced to spend or do anything. Everything we do regarding progressing in this game we do so voluntarily.

And if we choose to spend money, the money spent is used to pay for the further development, security, stability and the people who make this free game for us. Isn't that good, for a game we don't even have to spend a dime on in order to play?

Paladins will alway be free. It says so on the "package".
    Last edited by Conrad_Max; 08-10-2018 at 02:21 PM.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Console login link: https://forumlogin.paladins.com/psn.aspx

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

"Thanks for your support!"

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    If it too much money for you, don't buy.
    If you have a spare money and judge the quality of the items you purchase is worth it, buy.

Be responsible with yourself
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    cosmetic/skins are always expensive in F2P games they have to make money in some way.
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Thumbs up

I agree it's too expensive. I would happily spend money on the game but they want £50 for the champions pack/season pass to get you started. I think it's a little steep but about what I'd pay for a game.

What is ludicrous is the cosmetic additions like a single voice pack for £4. To buy all voice packs would be £4 x 39 = £156!!! Are you kidding me? Then there's all the skins which I dread to think how much they cost. I'm quite late coming to Paladins and it does feel a little grabby. Especially, as you can get Overwatch for £30 and you can pretty much unlock everything in game without paying.

I understand they need to make it profitable but ripping people off is not the way. They need to have more sales and special offers to entice people. Plus an overall decrease in the price of crystals or offer more crystals for the price.
    Last edited by NarxxUK; 10-09-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Beta Player Viscount ThunderZsolt's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Yeah, skins are not cheap, but they don't give you more HP or anything, so you don't miss out much if you don't buy them.
    You only see your own champion before/after the matches anyway, and the default voice lines are very good for most champions (for example default Fernando voice is better than any of his skins imo).

My problem is that they didn't release a skin that I was liking enough to buy for that price since the demon slayer Zhin - Trick or Treat Talus is good, but 1. - it is locked in an RNG chest, 2. - I don't play him.
    I wouldn't mind to throw a few € here and there, but not on all these satan skins.
    "Fun" fact: until 1.7, Androxus could 1v1 Terminus with defiance only:
    700 damage x 6 hit for total 4200HP takes 5 x 0,6=3 seconds to kill Terminus
    650 damage x 4 hit for total 2600HP takes 3 x 1,1=3,3 seconds to kill Androxus
    Because the first hit doesn't take time to land. Stats are from the Wiki.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 250 Experience Points 31 days registered Closed Beta Tester
    First of all, you playing free to play game, and someone must pay or such thing will be simply not profitable. Unsung heroes spending lotsa money - a chance to play without paying anything for players who don't want or can't pay.
    Expensive? Check prices for other ftp games Paladins prices totally fine and mega affordable for anyone who can work, and most of people do work even if students.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Okay, but no necro.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!