Thread: why not remove carryover of ults between rounds?

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points

why not remove carryover of ults between rounds?

I notice that there is a lot of refusing to try to take the final point in both pro games and below.

Why risk using ults, when we can just use it to get the point next round when it's more valuable.

Honestly the point battle is too easy in comparison to gaining the 1 point from full pushing, which is why I've suggested increasing the cap timer for the first point to double what it is currently, so the winning team actually has to win several fights for it.

The other change I would like to suggest is removing ult carryover. If players cannot carryover ults, they are more likely to really try to cap the final point.

The only disadvantage I see is that players cannot win the final point based on ult management, but honestly I think paladins biggest problem is that winning the first point matters way more than winning the 2nd point in siege games, so I really wish they would change this.

Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    In some games at least some champions would never get their ult at all if it didn't carry over. This would punish slow charging ults, point tanks and supports who generally charge ults more slowly. It would become far more of a damage/flank meta than it already is. Without thoroughly reworking how quite a lot of the ults work this would basically destroy the game.

Beta Player Grand Prince Rauyne's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4
    As what was stated above. Champions have varying Ult charge speeds meaning some Ultimates wouldn't be used all game if what you said was the case. Not to mention it removes a part of the strategy of the game. Paying attention to when your Opponents and Allies use Ultimate and know when it's safe to do a certain strategy is crucial to the game.
    Rauyne's Champion Concept Thread

Rauyne's Champion Concept Request

#NerfDamage
    #IncreaseTTK

#HelpYourSupports

Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3
    Ultimate management is an essential strategic aspect of paladins. If ults didn't carry over to the next round it would just lead to less strategy and team coordination and instead more mindless spamming of ultimates. Paladins ultimates are strategic abilities. You have to wait for the right moment to get value out of your ultimate.
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Bugs have feelings, too! They don't like to be ignored! So pay attention to them, please.

BALANCE CONSOLE AND PC SEPARATELY

THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

We're having a discussion. That doesn't work like ranting and shouting out bias without giving any kind of reason or detail.