Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 1.4 Update Notes | Dragon's Call

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Aukse View Post
    Wonder if they'll have some kind 'o "Execution Mark"
    In today's Dev Insight video they said there will be an indicator for when an enemy is low enough to execute when using Street Justice. They didn't say anything about Lex getting it or not.

Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    In today's Dev Insight video they said there will be an indicator for when an enemy is low enough to execute when using Street Justice. They didn't say anything about Lex getting it or not.
    This?

Last edited by AndroKingz; 08-10-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Beta Player Recruit ShogunPukin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Do you guys realize that maeve's balance is a nerf?

Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Well, i was playing at PTS and i have see so many things i was praying to never see. By first, lets talk about Androxus AoE atk the Defiance. What the devs have in the head to put that thing? Its like the Ash's shoot but with more dmg! C'mom Hi-rez! I really don't like of the actual Defiance and i really hate the new one.
    Okay second assault! Let's talk about the new event, 600 crystals for epic skins? Nice ''free'' event
    , yes we have free stuffs, emotes, coins, victory poses...okay its nice, but put the new Furia skin for 1,2k crystals... wtf? Im are playing some game from the EA games?
    For last, the nerfs at Furia and Meave. Why? Why give a hitkill at 35% hp ? C'mom, Hi-rez...
    Why nerf Furia's shield? Because she is working in her role?
    Oh! And i was forgetting to talk about the Ash's ''buff''
    She needs do more dmg! Not jump higher!

Okay, i think that's all, about the other things, i liked of the rework on grohk, the rework at pip and ying legendarys talents.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    I don't get what's going on at Hi-Rez right now. I like a lot of the cool talent and ability reworks, but there are at least five champions I can think of off the top of my head that have needed balancing for quite some time now, and nothing has been done. For example, as someone who mains Front Line, I think something needs to be done about Tyra's Fire Bomb. With certain loadout and talent combinations, it can deal 90% of your max health in damage, cripple you, making it more difficult to escape, reduce you healing by 75%, and she can use it roughly every 13 seconds. What is this?! Now you're telling me you're going to buff her Hunter's Mark? Come on Hi-Rez!

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by JGrossi29 View Post
    Well, i was playing at PTS and i have see so many things i was praying to never see. By first, lets talk about Androxus AoE atk the Defiance. What the devs have in the head to put that thing? Its like the Ash's shoot but with more dmg! C'mom Hi-rez! I really don't like of the actual Defiance and i really hate the new one.
    Okay second assault! Let's talk about the new event, 600 crystals for epic skins? Nice ''free'' event
    , yes we have free stuffs, emotes, coins, victory poses...okay its nice, but put the new Furia skin for 1,2k crystals... wtf? Im are playing some game from the EA games?
    For last, the nerfs at Furia and Meave. Why? Why give a hitkill at 35% hp ? C'mom, Hi-rez...
    Why nerf Furia's shield? Because she is working in her role?
    Oh! And i was forgetting to talk about the Ash's ''buff''
    She needs do more dmg! Not jump higher!

Okay, i think that's all, about the other things, i liked of the rework on grohk, the rework at pip and ying legendarys talents.

I think the Defiance change is good, it was nearly useless before.

Ash's ult change is horizontal distance, not vertical. Vertical was buffed in a previous patch. :P

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Can't say I'm all that impressed with this patch. The new mode looks like it could be fun, similar to Bombing Run from Unreal Tournament, but the size of the ball and the speed it moves doesn't really allow for fast, dynamic gameplay where players can quickly pass the ball back and forth, using teamwork and positioning to outwit the other team. It will mostly be TDM with an objective to worry about after you wipe the other team.

The balance changes are my biggest issue though. It is not that I think the changes are bad or unbalanced, but HiRez are basically saying the burst damage/burst healing meta is here to stay (which in my opinion isn't a good thing given the ease of aiming due to the large, fast projectiles and slow movement speeds).

I bought the bundles from the past two events, but I wont be touching this one. I've been playing Quake Champions quite a bit recently (now that I can actually play it properly after upgrading to a GTX1080), and I am having way more fun, despite the lack of decent team focused modes at this point in time, simply because the weapons and movement dynamics are far superior to Paladins. This game used to be more fun than aggravating, but that isn't the case, and each patch seems to make it worse.

Dumbing games down is never a good idea, simply because it doesn't work. By making it easier to aim, they also made it easier to die, so the bad players who are supposed to benefit from the dumbing down actually became worse players, because they already lacked game sense (timing, positioning, teamwork and communication etc), so the slightest mistake on their part results in death, with very little counterplay unless you play really cautiously. And that creates a snowball effect for their teammates, who have to play around a teammate or two constantly dying due to their lack of game sense. Which pretty much results in stomp or be stomped in every match.

Imagine if some idiot took 8 Ball Pool, and decided to make the pockets three times larger to help out the bad players. Would they suddenly become better players? Of course they wouldn't, they would still hit the balls too hard, potting their own and fouling often because they would no doubt pot their opponents too. And the good players would become bored, because it would be too easy to win the match on your first shot, making the end result a coin flip on who gets to break.

Removing skill isn't the answer to keep bad players happy, better matchmaking is though.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    Yea I didn't watch it. Its cool tho.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroKingz View Post
    This?

Now lets see if others will get that too (Lex)

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    was this always like this on damage dambas... 1 stun like for 1 second? isn't this op?

pts
    (his build was deft hands 2 + reload cards at that time)
    Last edited by took4ever; 08-11-2018 at 09:11 AM.
    * let non-party team know if a player got disconnect from a match -.- (game crash, connection issues, power cut etc.. i lost matches because i got dc on intense moments and my team didn't know it! by the time they know it its already too late! its worse when im the healer!)
    * don't let my bot to take items !! (because ofc i'll be back as soon as possible! duh)
    *can you make a shatterspear for inara (a shatter weapon like andro & jenos has ). and a hippie skin for inara please? :P.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamael View Post
    Can't say I'm all that impressed with this patch. The new mode looks like it could be fun, similar to Bombing Run from Unreal Tournament, but the size of the ball and the speed it moves doesn't really allow for fast, dynamic gameplay where players can quickly pass the ball back and forth, using teamwork and positioning to outwit the other team.
    Get the ball -> Jump -> Throw it forward -> Run for it -> rinse and repeat.

Exactly like it was done in UT and in TF2.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!