Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about Bundle's system.

Angry Let's talk about Bundle's system.

Hi everyone !

Today was the 1.4 ShowCase, I was so hyped by this thing. The skins are beautiful, the balances are awesome but something went wrong with the bundle's system.

I wasn't surprised to see it but what makes me crazy is the fact that we force players to buy ALL SKINS for a fourth. For my part, I moan simply because I don't play Khan, Sha Lin or Moji. Only the skin of Furia interests me and we are forced to buy skins for champions that we don't play. I just saw lately that in addition, after buying the three skins, we get a key to unlock another epic skin. The skin of Furia isn't giver directly after buying the three skins. At one point, you have to stop that and change the system.

Seeing this system, I just feel that we are forced to spend on things we don't want. At one point, you're sick of having to throw crystals and money out the window for things you don't want.

So, I have a simpler proposal that will please everyone, add the four skins with the choice to buy or not all skins but let people have fun with a different system that doesn't force to buy all the skins to get the one the want. This system is much better than forcing people to buy everything, you lose money doing that and you see directly that Free-To-Play is a handicap.

Make some changes to this system in order to get back on a viable common ground because you put the nerves to people who can't necessarily indulge in buying all the skins. So, open the door to everyone about this system, make it easier to access the skins that are the most interesting and you will see that this kind of discontent will not be present anymore.

I will admit to being clearly disappointed by this system. So make sure to fix it, please.

Sincerely, DollarZeus
    Last edited by DollarZeus; 08-09-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I just saw lately that in addition, after buying the three skins, we get a key to unlock another epic skin. The skin of Furia isn't giver directly after buying the three skins
    Correction, technically they gave it to people that bought all the other three skins but if you don't want it there is an option for other skins.
    It's basically buy 3 pick one of these items sale. Standard shop strategy and its aimed at people that doesn't want Furia's skin i.e someone probably wants Raeve Maeve
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Yeah that's the same, we are forced to buy the others skins for them who want the skin of Furia or another. It's the same case and this isn't legit to do that.

After see this system, we see how money Hi-Rez needs. The don't let the pleasure to the players to choose the skins they want. We are forced to buy all the content and it's stupid to do this system.

Level
    Achievements:
    Okay let's talk about in-depth discussion regarding bundles

Disclaimer : I am a total F2P player and I do not endorse buying or not buying any crystals. Any decision people make after reading this is solely their own.

this is a 3+1 Bundle where you buy 3 items you get a bonus 1 item. 1200 crystals for 4 items = 300 crystals each.
    So technically you get a 50% discount than buying them each (ala carte skin is always 600 crystals been like that since the first Ruckus skin - recolours don't count -).
    Pros :
    - you get what you see from the bundle (and the bonus item) at a cheaper rate per piece
    - direct purchase. They could have just slap another chest bundles like the Galaxy/Feudal chests and make people rely on RNG

Cons :
    - Bonus item locked behind the whole bundle
    - you have to buy the whole bundle which cost 1200 crystals.

This is a straight business decision taken from a shop and to be honest, I'd rather have this kind of sale than other methods applied by other F2P games (and other P2P games too) i.e skins that affect gameplay, RNG lootboxes, duplicates, that BS key thing you need to purchase and gamble and other stuff.

Sure the best thing would be to sell everything ala carte but I don't think that would happen to every skin. Ameri-KHAN was ala carte just recently

In the end, this is just skins so its your will being tested. They are dangling an incentive to buy the bundle, so it's all up to you. Me, I've made my decision long ago
    Last edited by GaoShun; 08-10-2018 at 01:33 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Well, I think the bundles are better now... They give you three skins for 1200 crystals whic are 1800 crystals if you buy the, individually. And a key for limited and past skins like the most precious skin Maeve Raeve. They give you more stuff than Smire adventures and the skins are pretty cool for having the first one of Moji and Furia.
    By playing daily quests advancing through Battle Pass, ranked season rewards (only if you are at higher ranks) and login bonus you can reach that crystals amount in two months while waiting the next events.
    Master of Darkness... Butler of Seris and perhaps her senpai...

Main champs:
    -Damage: Kinessa, Pip, Lian and Cassie
    -Tanks: Flanknando, Khan, Barik, Makoa and Seris
    -Healer: Seris, Jenos, Grohk, Mal’damba and Pip
    -Flank: Skye (GIVE HER LOVE!!!), Seris, Pip and Moji

Entrancing” FIX PIP POTIONS AND SHOT ANGLE PLUS RETEXTURE SNOWY SKIN!!!

Goal: One of the best Paladins ever in Paladins history..... or at least someone with good tactics and FPS skills...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomX999 View Post
    Well, I think the bundles are better now... They give you three skins for 1200 crystals whic are 1800 crystals if you buy the, individually. And a key for limited and past skins like the most precious skin Maeve Raeve. They give you more stuff than Smire adventures and the skins are pretty cool for having the first one of Moji and Furia.
    By playing daily quests advancing through Battle Pass, ranked season rewards (only if you are at higher ranks) and login bonus you can reach that crystals amount in two months while waiting the next events.
    Yeah but if you don't play Khan,Moji or Sha Lin for example and you want the skin of Furia ? You need to buy these three skins for nothing because you don't play them. So you take out 1200 crystals for skins you don't want for only one skin you want. This system is stupid, it ruins the pleasure of the players because we are forced to buy skins we don't want for buy one skin we want. And I don't want to wait for another event just for that. And I prefer to keep my crystals for the battlepass. If a skin is interessant for me, I take it but, in this case, I don't by anything, this system needs a modification quickly because it isn't go far with the time.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    The don't even interact with people or care about what has community to say, sadly. Otherwise it would be pretty great. But you explained in your post the same I was thinking in a while. I get that they need to make money but would it hurt to put a system with rewards for normal players as well? Like BattlePass - those who bought it, they get items for every level, we normal players we get as much as you noticed. Also tired of champions having different and extra prices, make them all the same 30k, cause your game gives us so little gold for so much grinding. I don't wanna bring up the buying Overwatch but, they have such a simple sytem for it. Here everything is broken and in every way they put something for you to buy at your face. Sad to see such a great game is owned by such a game community. I hope someone else buy it in the near future. Enjoyed a lot in the past, every now and then I enjoy it as well but man, i know you are a bussines company and you want to milk money as much as you can but for real, would it hurt to put a bit more for normal ones too? or should we feel left out? More gold reward per match? more daily quests? I hope something changes. Now team will probably remove my post since they cannot take any criticism . The only fun thing with new patch is new mode.
    Ying waifu

Level
    Achievements:
    Don't bring Overwatch into the money making model, they actually have worse money making model than these bundles.

Their Loot box system not only have a small chance to gain coins, it has duplicates. Duplicates are the worst type of RNG ever.

Here I will give you a simple math : (correct me if I am wrong)
    16 items Lootbox without duplicates, you get 1/16 chance to get what you want
    16 items Lootbox with a duplicate, you get 1/(16x16) chance to get what you want (1/256 chance)
    16 items Lootbox with more than 1 duplicates, 1/(16x16x..x...)insert 16 as much as the duplicate percentage

Duplicate items is a common trap in Gacha games (Seven Knight, FGO, FF Brave Frontier, etc.) in Asia and has been known to cause massive gambling addiction

Be careful what you wish for, not all that glitters are gold.
    Last edited by GaoShun; 08-10-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    You are right. Bundles are very bad deal. You need to buy three items you don't want to get the one you want. I think Hi-Rez is losing lots of potential customers because of their bad marketing strategies like that. I am sure they would make more money if they just sell the skins directly with no shenanigans.

Forum Moderator Marquess cmsaunli's Avatar
    Protecting a Volcano, and the Ska'drin. (But not Talus)
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DollarZeus View Post
    I will admit to being clearly disappointed by this system. So make sure to fix it, please.[/B].[/SIZE]
    They're running a business, not a charity.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Need to submit a Support Ticket? Click me!

Cicero's Official Listener.
    "Legendary Support Makoa Main"