Thread: Evie minor rework proposal

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered

Post Evie minor rework proposal

Alrite, so here's my attempt at rebalancing a champion which I believe is somewhat slightly underpowered but above all needs to have more possible loadouts. I suck at introducing things. I'll be straight to the point and will spare you useless encyclopedic show offs. Unmentioned characteristics are left at live value.

Evie!

HP: 1800
    Mov. Spd.: 370 (or keep at live value)

Ice Staff LMB
    Damage: 900 (direct hit), 300 (minimum damage)
    3 direct hits: 2700 - 2511 (BS I) - 2322 (BS II) - 2133

Ice Block RMB
    Become immune to all damage for 3s. Cannot move or attack.
    Cooldown: 14 s

Blink Q
    Teleport forward a short distance.
    Cooldown: 4 s
    Teleport delay: 0,15 s

Soar F
    Hop on your staff and take flight for 2 seconds.
    Cooldown: 10 s

Ice Storm E
    Fire a massive ice storm that deals 40 damage every 0,25 seconds, slows and cripples targets inside, and lasts 6 seconds.

Talents

Lunar Landing:
    Ice Block is on a 10 seconds cooldown. Ice Block shatters when reactivated early or fully charged dealing 250 damage plus 25 for every .10 second spent inside Ice Block in an area. Additionally, falling to the ground while Ice Block is active immediately shatters it and deals full damage.

A fall distance must be figured out so that simply jumping won't trigger the immediate shatter.

Melting Point:

Turns Evie's Ice Staff into Snow Staff. Snow Staff deals less damage but applies a slow on hit.

Damage: 840 (direct hit), 280 (minimum damage)
    Atk. spd.: 1 s
    DPS: 840
    Applies a 50% slow for 1 s on hit decreasing over the duration (40% at 0,2 s, 30% at 0,4 s... until it expires).

Eclipse:

Shots fired while in the air deal 35% more damage (1215). Does not affect splash damage.

Again, jumping on flat ground shouldn't trigger this effect.

Wormhole

Blink may be used a second time within 4s to return to the initial casting location a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶l̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶b̶l̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶u̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶1̶s̶.̶

Cards

Cold Blooded

No longer reduces Ice Block cooldown, instead:
    Heal for {50|50} every second while in Ice Block.

Does Evie needs more damage on her LMB? That is a very good question, let's just say that I think that giving 50 more damage to Ice Staff will make it a bit easier to accept that Evie only has one damage source and it's a pretty risky and hard weapon to use. It's quite infuriating having a minimum TTK of 3 s as it is, once Blast Shield III is in, TTK dramatically rises to 4 s, therefore I firmly believe that a change in this direction is needed and that 900 damage, while generous, is optimal, but it is the parameter to look for should Evie perform too well. About the minimum blast damage, well, the live parameters are obscenely low (should be 140), everyone knows that and jumping negates pretty much all of her damage. Hilariously infuriating. About teleport delay a lot has been said. I think it should be there to stay as a window of opportunity and general retaliation against highly skilled players, but lowered from 0,2 s to 0,15 s.

The new talents is where new Evie is at. Lunar Landing generally requires you to use either Blink or Soar to get in the right position and height, so that to pull off the talent damage you have to use one of your mobility spell and your only defensive spell. In a way, it's a very high risk talent, but versatile aswell, it would also compliment her ulti very nicely. Melting Point is something I've been thinking about for a while for live Evie as part of her base kit. A slow on hit fits pretty nicely with her kit and personality and would require no further adjustment to be implemented as it would make Evie a lot stronger (maybe even too strong) on its own. Giving her a slow on her base kit would limit design space and resources too much and that's why I decided to put it on a talent that also brings her damage a bit lower than live value at 840. It's a noob friendly talent that everyone can use. While I don't think Over The Moon is a bad talent at all, I also see how it is pretty hard to use and users frequently ask for OtM to empower the next 3 attacks after Soar ends rather than the timed bonus. With a little thought experiment involving Cantrip and Killing Frost you can see how this could be a bit messy. Much better, I think, is to give Evie a massive bonus to damage when shooting from the air so that a squishy target can be double tapped if hit with an empowered attack and a normal one. Neat and somewhat hard to pull off depending on the target. I strongly believe that Evie needs to hit like a truck when using her cooldowns offensively, yet this is a talent that has to be watched closely. Wormhole stays as it is.

And that's all, thanks for you attention and leave a feedback if you please!
    Last edited by Vijana; 09-02-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    The change in Blink delay should be even less, i like Lunar Landing, Melting Point isn't that interesting to me but isn't bad, You took my idea with Eclipse but you made it Op, you already gave her 900 damage, i wouldn't give her so much burst damage with this buff, i would rework it, i don't like the idea of deal more than 1000 damage dmg for shooting from the air when i have 900 dps, maybe give her another high mobile talent instead give even more damage

P.S: Ice Storm last 6 seconds
    Venezuelan guy that loves Paladins and its community
    Da rules

Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    i dont know if i like the idea of incresed damage on her weapon, as she has low dps for a lot of movement but i would be fine with it.
    but the tallent ideas are nice
    lunar landing- would finaly make ice block useful
    melting point- the slow is a bit too mauch it should start at 40% i think (it could be super annoying making you so slow that you cant normaly walk)
    eclipse- idea is good but right now as you made it, 1200 dps? that could make evie the new drogoz, and i wouldnt realy like that, by nerfing its damage increse by a bit i think it could be fine.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by M0NT4GN3 View Post
    The change in Blink delay should be even less, i like Lunar Landing, Melting Point isn't that interesting to me but isn't bad, You took my idea with Eclipse but you made it Op, you already gave her 900 damage, i wouldn't give her so much burst damage with this buff, i would rework it, i don't like the idea of deal more than 1000 damage dmg for shooting from the air when i have 900 dps, maybe give her another high mobile talent instead give even more damage

P.S: Ice Storm last 6 seconds
    Blink delay is huge for balancing and I think it's much more impactful than giving Evie a talent to double tap 2100 hp targets. Let's face it, any damage talent for Evie must be:
    - Conditional
    - Strong enough to potentially lower her TTK
    And the balance between the two is where the talent should be. Conditions must be temporary and somewhat hard to meet. Increasing damage while in the air is the most sound solution and very easy to balance due to Evie slow attack speed. There's no way to shoot more than twice in a single fall as Evie, the most likely and usual scenario is only one shot, enabling Evie a 1 v 1 against targets she wouldn't normally take on. 2100 damage in 2 seconds, assuming direct hits, won't kill Supports nor most of the Damages, and targets with 2100 HP can survive with Blast Shield I. Can you see the pattern? Giving 50 damage to Ice Staff will set Evie TTK in stone at 3 seconds. The bonus damage talent, on the other hand, is counterable with a minor investment. Eclipse must be impactful and to do so must lower Evie TTK. Yes, Evie will be somewhat able to snipe but can't really abuse the talent because it doesn't affect splash damage.

Quote Originally Posted by engi40 View Post
    i dont know if i like the idea of incresed damage on her weapon, as she has low dps for a lot of movement but i would be fine with it.
    but the tallent ideas are nice
    lunar landing- would finaly make ice block useful
    melting point- the slow is a bit too mauch it should start at 40% i think (it could be super annoying making you so slow that you cant normaly walk)
    eclipse- idea is good but right now as you made it, 1200 dps? that could make evie the new drogoz, and i wouldnt realy like that, by nerfing its damage increse by a bit i think it could be fine.
    About Melting Point, the slow is decreasing over the duration, very little time is spent at half speed, and by the time Evie can shoot again the slow has expired.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Achievements:
    Self bump