Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: way to skye

Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points

way to skye (updated)

Hello so this is a guide for skye

First of all, skye is far from being weak, stop thinking that she is useless and that skye players are trolling (she has currently the second best winrate among flanks after talus)

First step :
    Know about her kit

2000 health, really low
    no movement skill

Wrist Crossbow

Finally it looks more like a crossbow (after 1.9)
    Ok well there is nothing special about it, remember that it is way more efficient at close range and it require some training about aim so go in range and see how well you can track those two pip while moving
    It is also helpful to headshot as it increase by far your dps (which is without headshot already 1300/sec)
    Some people shoot while moving in circle around the target (but i can't do this ^^') so you are harder to hit

poison bolts

okay well, the description says fire 3 bolts dealing each 10% of max health in 4sec, this is not correct anymore, you only fire 1 bolt dealing 30% of enemy max health in 4sec (or maybe 3 but they now act as one)
    good ability, only 4sec is a lot for around 600 damage on flank damage or support
    it doesn't have damage falloff so you can snipe it (well, actually there is a falloff or something past a certain distance, but it's so far that except in really open maps like fishmarket you never see it, plus it's hard to land it from that far)

hidden

you are invisible for 7.5sec
    don't go too close to enemies while hidden cause they will spot you
    you can use it to get close to your target or to escape from it (but usually you use it to get close)
    it has a 15sec cooldwon so use it wisely

smoke screen

it is usefull not only to make you invisible
    it cut the line of sight of enemies, can make your teammates hidden or throw it on enemies so they can't see anything
    you can use it after engaging a target to get a momentum and not die in 1sec
    you can use it to escape
    most people will shoot in the smoke screen thinking you hide in it, so it can make a diversion
    also you can use it to hide a low life ally or put it on point to help your team a lot
    it is really usefull against snipers

time bomb

you can use it on point like everyone else
    or be smart
    it can give you (or your team) some space and momentum to retreat as enemies are more likely to run away from it
    use it in close spaces so they can't escape easily
    don't use it when inara can put a wall in front of it
    it destroy shields so you can also use it on anyone, except inara who has this annoying wall
    you can combo with other ults (inara seris for exemple) don't use when the mal damba or torvald in your team ults -.-
    think before using it, time bomb has more use than what you imagine

now i will talk about gameplay
    skye is versatile
    her cards allow her to be played different ways

so the most popular is what i call smokey skye

you use smoke and dagger talent with quick smoker and confound cards
    the gameplay is easy
    you get close with hidden you throw a smoke on your target then hit poison bolts and throw a smoke again
    your target took about 1500 damage in 2sec and can't even see anything (remember they can use escape skill to get out of smoke or avoid being hit by the second smoke
    then you finish your target and get out with hidden
    only attack on 1v1 or you will instantly die
    also you can't escape after your kill, and if you miss you usually die

then there is the classic gameplay
    you use either surprise attack or preparation

only engage on 1v1, you need to have a perfect aim or you'll die
    i advice using CD reduce on hidden and increase duration as well as some movement speed

you can also play a full speed skye
    there are 3 cards giving speed giving 50% 50% and 25% (at max lvl) if you get nimble 3 you will always have a high speed
    for this gameplay i advice surprise attack and he CD reduce on hidden
    it allows you to engage and retreat really fast and you will be harder to hit
    if you are truly good, play with preparation and kill all enemies on 1v1 without any momentum as you are super fast and get all CD after getting a kill. but this is really hard to do!

the last gameplay i know about is poison skye
    it is by far my favorite (and i hate smokey by the way)
    play with debilitate talent

poison bolts deals around 40% of enemy max health in 2sec
    you need decrepify which is a 75% caut for 3sec, and poisoner so bolts CD is only 3sec
    gameplay is simple, damage enemy tanks, destroy them
    try to hide around your team, try to see openings so you can kill the enemy healer or damage, just play with covers stealth and your teammates
    you can also snipe bolts but it is less effective as if you are close you can shoot as well (also you are easier to hit if you are far away)
    oh and time bomb will charge super quick so spam it

last but not least
    always always get caut, even with decrepify, you always need caut (only exception is if enemies have lots of shield and if you use decrepify 5 then you can go wrecker)
    also there are two cards that are really helpfull no matter your gameplay
    emergency exit, always have this one even if lvl 1
    nimble finger is good since you reload often
    smoke CD reduce cards are good as well
    speed card always helps
    you don't need chrono so don't take it, learn to position and get space and momentum when u are on CD
    motivation is really good if you play poison, speed is good is you can survive, if you nuke then go for the horse
    blue and green items aren't worth it, you don't have enough health (veteran can helps if you already maxed red and yellow)

in addition
    some stuff about match-up (this is mostly for poison gameplay)

to avoid :
    lex, lex is a nightmare for skye (bit less now that he doesn't reveal when stealth) but if he sees you, you are dead in a matter of milliseconds
    BK, basically his aoe is really annoying and get you kill often, any aoe is dangerous for skye but BK is really a problem
    drogoz, it is obvious why you need to avoid him
    any reveal champion, aka viktor strix vivian tyra and others, but i think viktor is the biggest problem, strix it depends on the map, if you can get behind him you win
    nando, run away just run away he'll murder you
    moji but she is almost never picked so not a problem
    oh and evie can be annoying but you are a threat to her as well, talus also can be problematic

and now, the ones you like to kill
    koa, give him a big big hug, you need a counter to koa? take skye, he has big health so you are more effective, also you can ruin his ult in 2sec, just careful if he hooks you, you know what's next (by the way he has the easiest head to hit so use that)
    any other tank are nice targets of course, ruckus and ash can sometimes kill you if you go 1v1, vs torvald take a wrecker since you have inbuilt caut
    buck (especially if he plays bulk up, heal doesn't work that much cause of caut and he increase his max life so free damage) and grohk (careful if grohk is damage you'll have a hard time since he hit you if you cover behind your tanks) for this reason that you have a 3sec caut, other healers of course (careful to jenos' lift you can't escape it) the easiest heal to kill are ying and grohk then grover, pip and jenos are harder
    on a side note, champions like ying who escape by going away, if they have low life and you hit poison bolts you can let them escape they'll die anyway (buck is a good exemple)

and that's it

if some of you want to improve this guide you can tell me
    i hope it will be useful and that people will stop considering skye as a troll pick
    i'd appreciate if some of you can give me feedback about this guide

thanks for reading, i hope this helps
    Last edited by TangAce; 11-10-2018 at 01:38 PM. Reason: minor skill changes, improvement of the guide

Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    The description of the poison bolts talent (can't remember it's name) is deal 30% more damage with each bolt, twice as fast. Not that it deals 30% of the targets max health. So each bolt does 13% of the max health.
    No mains, i play everyone

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    i'll update it soon since they changed this talent
    but i assure you that it was way more than 13% or i could never solo kill an ulting koa with leviathan

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    hey, this guide looks fine but absolutely can be better. I think firstly you should build a schema about it and take all of them in same schema so that would help the reader see whats the different between them(legendaries) and whats the point of them in order..

after that you give tips about them maybe how to use and maybe how to trick etc

Beta Player Marquess undeadvillan's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I find her smoke bomb to be easily her best legendary the rest aren't that good.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3
    This is the only guide i read, just to have an idea why so many people are instalocking skye all this sudden.

Also, you should mention that skye counters bulk up buck, because if a buck got good aim and ensnare, he can do 2000+ damage in 2seconds. I don't need to explain further i guess.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroPaladin View Post
    This is the only guide i read, just to have an idea why so many people are instalocking skye all this sudden.

Also, you should mention that skye counters bulk up buck, because if a buck got good aim and ensnare, he can do 2000+ damage in 2seconds. I don't need to explain further i guess.

that's true i should have mentioned buck, i'll do it right now
    the fact is, since i wrote the guide i see more and more skye in ranked games, it's a bit frightening to be honest, all these skye around, each time i know my team won't know how to deal with her

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points
    Don't you mean Kyle?

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    Don't you mean Kyle?
    kyle did a video for skye?
    it's been more than 3 months since i first wrote the guide, at this time skye was almost never picked, now i see a skye in at least 1/5 or 1/4 games

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points
    Kyle is a skye meme of the forums
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...highlight=kyle