Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kinessa Guide, More than just a Sniper

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    I think it may be important to mention how far Kinessa can throw her mines. On Ascension Peak, you can actually get a mine into the enemy spawn area from the central area with good enough aim. You need to take into account it's arc, but if you do it well it can pay off in dismounting the enemy very quickly, causing them to have a very slow time making it back to the objective. I'm sure there are other maps where you can pull this kind of stuff off too.

Taking advantage of the range that she can throw her mines has helped me throw matches in my team's favour several times, getting the enemies dismounted and even assisting our flanks in delaying their way to the point or even killing them, as they're distracted with trying to deal with my mines. Hope I made some sort of meaningful contribution to this.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince DaSpyChecker's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Paciel View Post
    I think it may be important to mention how far Kinessa can throw her mines. On Ascension Peak, you can actually get a mine into the enemy spawn area from the central area with good enough aim.
    Yea mine range got buffed after their change, didnt know know about that spot will try,sure more exist will have to find out.

Another thing, mines help track enemies with the trail & there is a yellow small icon pointing towards the mined target location, to snipe better close range, so many uses of them .

I changed my mine build after struggling to get elims with the matchamaking, i feel like some heal card is necessary in all loadouts. 40% mine range is enough replaced Generator with True Grit though i am hitting more non fully charged shots so with Restore might be better.
    Last edited by DaSpyChecker; 08-02-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Octopressor+suppression= Willonessa?

Beta Player Marquess Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I tried a new build that works pretty well.

Well Stocked lvl 4
    Generator lvl 4
    Prodigy lvl 3
    Amplitude lvl 2
    Open Session lvl 2

Works well with Suppression Legendary or Reposition

Mines come up frequently so I can throw them all over the place to check of hiding champs
    They are frequent enough that I don't mind just throwing them to see what is there.
    I also get allot of finishing kills as I see a low health target running away I can throw a mine.

The reload is the golden Gem of this load out. Even if I'm flanking in and firing the assault riffle I have a quick mine reload. Unload chuck a mine unload chuck a mine unload does a bunch of damage but I find that I'm throwing mines engought that I can snipe a bunch of shots and there is no reason to not throw a mine when I descope pretty often to look around.
    If your teams SUCKS and you find that you can not do anything,... You Suck!

The road to recovery lies in admitting You SUCK!

Doing well with a good team is no indication of true skill.
    Stop name calling an admit that you can do better, and you will.

DONT BE AFRAID TO DIE, ITS THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN NOT TOO...

Mains & Sub Mains
    • Makoa ------- Drogoz
    • Maeve ------- Cassie
    • Viktor -------- Barik
    • Lian ---------- Lex

Beta Player Marquess Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Snipe Snipe Snipe Mine = never have to reload

Takes 3 second to fire 3 fully charged shots that use 12 ammo and a half a second to throw a mine that regains that.
    If your teams SUCKS and you find that you can not do anything,... You Suck!

The road to recovery lies in admitting You SUCK!

Doing well with a good team is no indication of true skill.
    Stop name calling an admit that you can do better, and you will.

DONT BE AFRAID TO DIE, ITS THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN NOT TOO...

Mains & Sub Mains
    • Makoa ------- Drogoz
    • Maeve ------- Cassie
    • Viktor -------- Barik
    • Lian ---------- Lex

Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    A nice guide, but 2 things i don't agree with: 1) CC reduction could be a important, but only if you actually have a problem with that, i mean for example how often would pip Ult you, its either ult inly you or 2-3 people on the point, and even if he solo ults you how important much could you do benefit from having CC reduction, (Pips ult has a lower cap of 2 seconds no mater of the CC reduction) . Of course if CC is giving you trouble go for it, but if you die every time, because of the enemy sniper , or because of drogoz raining hell on you, than pick either Haven or glad shields. And 2) the sentence "if you want just sniper pick Strix" couldn't disagree more, first of all his pistol has much higher DPS than no scoped Kinessa (depending on how fast can you mash LMB), and also if he uses his flare to damage, if he picks the flare talant (which of course if what you SHOULD pick if you play Strix) he does 800 damage upfront with it and than more in the next 3 seconds. Also i would say invisibility is much more better tool for flanking than teleporting, and last but not least, the flares reveal could benefit any build a lot.
    No mains, i play everyone

Beta Player Sovereign Prince DaSpyChecker's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GifanTheWoodElf View Post
    (Pips ult has a lower cap of 2 seconds no mater of the CC reduction)
    You are right its not good vs Pip ult as it lasts long & often die even with resilience but after Scope zoom increase Kinessa is very easy to CC as you cant see much & Resilience will still save you from most stuns, slowdowns. Little bit damage reduction from Haven is not good as there is simply too much damage these days & CC is really OP, only buy if you lose fight with enemy getting away with very few HP.

And 2) the sentence "if you want just sniper pick Strix" couldn't disagree more, first of all his pistol has much higher DPS than no scoped Kinessa (depending on how fast can you mash LMB), and also if he uses his flare to damage, if he picks the flare talant (which of course if what you SHOULD pick if you play Strix) he does 800 damage upfront with it and than more in the next 3 seconds.
    Correct Strix has massive DPS at all ranges, he can melt champs even at close range easily, Kinessa cannot thats why staying back with her is not as good as Flankers & other Snipers can easily beat her & you waste flanking potential or more importantly side angles suprise attacks.

Also i would say invisibility is much more better tool for flanking than teleporting
    It is better in short range maps where speed isnt needed or useful as enemies are closer but in most maps you need to be faster to flank & Strix simply doesnt have enough speed, being even 1.5 second late can make you fail at flanking as enemy healed,spotted you or got away or even your team died & alone no chance.
    Last edited by DaSpyChecker; 10-12-2018 at 03:11 AM.