Thread: Dumb question

Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class

Dumb question

I have never in my life of gaming dealt with a "Battle Pass". I have played Blizzard games for most gaming life. What is the mechanic? Let's say I bought it right now, then I have access to all the content of 2018 only? I also have to "unlock" it by playing the game and hitting certain predetermined goals. Now does buying the battle pass for 2018 only allow me to get rewards from 2018?

Say I bought it in December as a new player do I continue to get rewards once we hit 2019 but if I want to unlock anything in 2019 I would have to buy the new one?

Any explanation would be awesome.
    War is just another game
    Tailor-made for the insane
    But make a threat of their annihilation
    And nobody wants to play
    O Osbourne

Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Here's a link, it explains everything very well with the rewards listed as well.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Level
    Achievements:
    I had checked that out, so if I understand correctly Borvik (take into account that I don't play hours and hours on end, I wish) It would be in my best interest to wait for the season pass in 2019. So I can better take advantage of the full thing?
    War is just another game
    And nobody wants to play
    O Osbourne

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Motleyflux View Post
    I had checked that out, so if I understand correctly Borvik (take into account that I don't play hours and hours on end, I wish) It would be in my best interest to wait for the season pass in 2019. So I can better take advantage of the full thing?
    Well, no, since the season pass just gives you all three battle passes, since the XP doesn't carry over (I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong). You would sitll be getting a discount and extra crystals though.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Level
    Achievements:
    Ok, thank you for clearing that up. Do you expect there to be any more sales? I did not take advantage of the last one, I got the hero pack because I had a balance on my steam account. I was not sure how much time I would put into this game but the more I play the more I play lol.
    War is just another game
    And nobody wants to play
    O Osbourne

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Motleyflux View Post
    Ok, thank you for clearing that up. Do you expect there to be any more sales? I did not take advantage of the last one, I got the hero pack because I had a balance on my steam account. I was not sure how much time I would put into this game but the more I play the more I play lol.
    Well, there are bound to be many sales for a game to make money.