Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why is elo gain so low?

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7

Why is elo gain so low?

I'm Gold 1. I'm being placed against Diamond players and I'm currently on a 6 winstreek with no prior games recently. I am gaining 15 LP per game while going up against players that are elo wise significantly better.

Infact I had just earned +18 but then for some reason it went back down to +15
    Feel free to check my match history or whatever, my username is Pyrosen

Bit ridiculous for somebody trying to climb, I'm clearly not a gold player lol
    The system should be rewarding LP for winning, especially consistently, not taking it away. Do you want me to keep people in low elo or something Hi-rez?

Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    Winning 15 TP per win you can go up in divisions after just 7 wins.

Plus if your MMR is too high you will skip divisions. It's not that bad.
    Grover isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a support with such high mobility and damage? Grover puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a champion as good as him. Jenos gets top healing. Mal Damba impacts teamfights. Grover breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

It had to be said.

Beta Player Marquess SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    15 TP is low? LOL.

If I get anything over 10 TP I consider myself blessed. I often lose more than I gain regardless of how well I do that game.

Member Recruit
    Level
    8 minute lobby queue.
    3 minute champion select.
    Rounds on average last 10 minutes.
    1 minute end game screen, POTG etc.

22 minutes per round. x 7 is almost 2 and a half hours
    3 hours per DIVISION seems outrageous to me in a game that's fast pace. - This is also suggesting you win all 7 games. I had lost a game because someone was intentionally feeding for whatever reason last round.

Elo gain on average should be 20, 5 rounds is more than enough to determine's somebody's skill level. 15 for those who are unable to win consistently and going up to 25 for those who are winning consistently.

Member Recruit
    Level
    KDA doesn't have an impact on TP gain.

Beta Player Marquess Evanstanislass's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrosen View Post
    KDA doesn't have an impact on TP gain.
    That's sometimes that I want HiRez to fix
    I make Champion Concept. All of my champion concepts are in HERE

Add me Evanstanislass on PS4

My Youtube Channel can be found in here

Need help?

My Current Discussion:
    Best Time to play Paladins?
    Cross play in Paladins
    About Necro

Member Recruit
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanstanislass View Post
    That's sometimes that I want HiRez to fix

KDA preformance doesn't encourage team play and since this is rip off Overwatch, you lose or win as a team :^)

Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    8 minute lobby queue.
    3 minute champion select.
    Rounds on average last 10 minutes.
    1 minute end game screen, POTG etc.

22 minutes per round. x 7 is almost 2 and a half hours
    3 hours per DIVISION seems outrageous to me in a game that's fast pace. - This is also suggesting you win all 7 games. I had lost a game because someone was intentionally feeding for whatever reason last round.

Elo gain on average should be 20, 5 rounds is more than enough to determine's somebody's skill level. 15 for those who are unable to win consistently and going up to 25 for those who are winning consistently.
    How is 3 hours of gameplay to rank up too much? If you ranked up one division each week you would be able to climb from Bronze V to Master over the course of a season. Not to mention, if you are truly way better than your competition you will end up skipping ranks. Further, it is easier to rank up than to derank, so once you get somewhere it's pretty easy to stay there.
    Grover isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a support with such high mobility and damage? Grover puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a champion as good as him. Jenos gets top healing. Mal Damba impacts teamfights. Grover breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

It had to be said.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Because 3 hours is unreasonable.
    Nobody wants to commit that amount of time to rank up a single division, that's 15 hours per rank you have to commit from going to Bronze to silver.

You don't see an issue of commiting 15 hours to a game like Paladins for one rank?
    Let me show you some perspective.

League 30 minute games - 2 hours to climb.
    Paladins 10 minute games, - 3 hours to climb.

That seems unbalanced, don't you think?
    Hi-rez copies other games and make them worse, you'd think they'd at least mimic what other games are doing well to encourage their own success lol
    Last edited by Pyrosen; 07-13-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Beta Player Marquess SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Because 3 hours is unreasonable.
    Nobody wants to commit that amount of time to rank up a single division, that's 15 hours per rank you have to commit from going to Bronze to silver.

You don't see an issue of commiting 15 hours to a game like Paladins for one rank?
    Let me show you some perspective.

League 30 minute games - 2 hours to climb.
    Paladins 10 minute games, - 3 hours to climb.

That seems unbalanced, don't you think?
    Hi-rez copies other games and make them worse, you'd think they'd at least mimic what other games are doing well to encourage their own success lol
    Some people may disagree with you on ranked. Honestly games last an average of at least 15 minutes bare minimum. 10 minute games are only found in single sided games where one team is completely stomped and the game ends up being 4-0.

Games often last between 17-23 minutes which would probably be the mid range average. Games with that length go back and forth a bit. The longest games will last between 26-30+ minutes.
    The time spent doesn't seem that "unbalanced" to me. What is unbalanced is the TP gain/loss rate.

The main issue with that is the game could basically assign you a random TP value and you would have no way to tell if that value is even close to fair. This is what ranked feels like sometimes. The game doesn't really give even basic information on why you gained that number of TP. I'm not asking for the whole formula but information would be nice because to me TP is basically random.

I'll be honest I had to do some research on the way League operates. The best answer I could find as to why someone would rank up rather fast is that their MMR is higher than their rank. You gain more LP if your MMR is higher than your actual placement. To the best of my knowledge Paladins does not have any real MMR, and if it does it's so garbage that it doesn't even make a difference.

Actually from what I've noticed the higher your winrate is the more TP you gain and the less you loose whereas when my winrate was close to 40% a single loss was enough to undo the TP gain worth of two games. As soon as my winrate got back to 50% and higher the TP win and loss started to be closer regardless of win or loss. As to why my winrate dipped down to near 40% I had lost 9 in a row one night and 8 in a row the next.

However if they shortened the time it took to rank up by a bit I wouldn't mind but I don't think it's that bad honestly right now.