Thread: New to the game & first Ranked match

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

New to the game & first Ranked match

Hi everyone!

Started playing Paladins a week ago & it's the only games I've played since, really enjoying it! Just got to level 15 and joined my first Ranked game...Oh my...face palm straight away. First 3 people on my squad picked flanks & damage leaving me and another guy. Now I thought abit of common sense you'd pick either a support or a frontline...no...they only pick another damage. My jaw dropped, did I just end up with a bad experience or is that the norm in qualifying for ranked?

Beta Player Viscount AsphyxiaXT's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by IIRaTE View Post
    Hi everyone!

Started playing Paladins a week ago & it's the only games I've played since, really enjoying it! Just got to level 15 and joined my first Ranked game...Oh my...face palm straight away. First 3 people on my squad picked flanks & damage leaving me and another guy. Now I thought abit of common sense you'd pick either a support or a frontline...no...they only pick another damage. My jaw dropped, did I just end up with a bad experience or is that the norm in qualifying for ranked?
    Bad experience. I'd also HIGHLY recommend unlocking and playing EVERY champion in casuals or against bots before you start playing ranked. You will want to heavily practice front lines and supports because those are very critical roles and most ranked games should have 2 front lines, 1 support and 2 dps (damage and flank are generally pretty interchangeable as DPS roles.)
    AsphyxiaXT
    The Insane
    Twitch: Twitch.tv/AsphyxiaXT
    Twitter: Twitter.com/Asphyxia_XT

Please revert Kinessa's scope!

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by IIRaTE View Post
    Hi everyone!

I assure you, this happened to me only once in 8 months.
    It rarely happens.
    Support the Resistance for the Good of The Realm!!

If you want to make sure that THE MAGISTRATE ARE BAD
    click HERE

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Yeah I always play support, I got mal'damba but he's hard to use when everyone one runs off and does their own thing making gourd pointless. Defo need a team for him. So I stick to Jenos, he's quick to escape danger, and get across the map to someone who's gone on their own. Will defo be buying all the champions! Love going support and tanks due to My mmo experience it's the best way to get a game cos everyone goes damage! More fun when their lives are in your hands

Beta Player Viscount SnowzStormz's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    I find this type of thing happens more in lower range elo games. Either lack of knowledge or someone wants to play a champ they "beleive" they can carry with.

Welcome to the game and forum!!

Beta Player Knight Shligerniger's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    You just got bad teammates.Make sure you always have 2 tanks and 1 support at least

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shligerniger View Post
    You just got bad teammates.Make sure you always have 2 tanks and 1 support at least
    Don't spread rumors please, 1 tank and 1 support works very well, as well.
    (Just don't get 2 flanks)
    Support the Resistance for the Good of The Realm!!

If you want to make sure that THE MAGISTRATE ARE BAD
    click HERE

Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by mina16 View Post
    Don't spread rumors please, 1 tank and 1 support works very well, as well.
    (Just don't get 2 flanks)
    What if the enemy goes 2 DPS and you go two flanks? It works fine. Don't spread rumors please.

Double tank is easier to play, and statistically wins more matches than any other team composition. You can't go wrong with it.
    Grover isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a support with such high mobility and damage? Grover puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a champion as good as him. Jenos gets top healing. Mal Damba impacts teamfights. Grover breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

It had to be said.