Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Furia: proposed change for pyre strike

Furia: proposed change for pyre strike

People complain about how furia is hard to flank, if her pyre strike hits you and you are flanking her, you die and its not hard to hit at close range. My idea is to scale down the stun and damage at the start of the ability. Have Pyre strike stun and damage increase the longer it travels. a furia who hits her stun on a flanker will still have time to escape but wont just instakill them with her combo

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I know this will be obvious, but...
    If someone is so bad to be hit by pure strike (1 sec stun, Furia hits 330 damage every 0.5s, that means 660 dmg in 1 sec plus the 400dmg of the Pyre=1060 dmg) and die for that (that means you were super low HP when flanking her), then he DESERVES TO DIE.
    Stop with the idiocy that whatever idiot flanker should win when engaging a support, just for the fact that he's a flank.

1) do not flank her when you're low HP
    2) wait for her to use pyre strike BEFORE approaching
    3) aim

And if you still have problem, buy Resilience.
    Yes, it's easy as that, that's why no one is complaining.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points
    Every time i hit a flank with pyre strike that flanked was ether moving predictably or underestimated me. Learn to work around the abilities that kill you, not asking for a nerf. As easy as you think the pyre strike is to land it's 10 times easier to avoid. When you look at your target and think there is a free kill you will lose the fight and you will deserve that.

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Overdrive
    DO NOT TOUCH FURIA.

I love playing against Furia with Androxus in ranked, Why?

Because Androxus is the most skill requiring flank, and Furia is best support. And I'm not a skilled player.
    Supports needs to be buffed, so flankers can understand Furia isn't hard to flank, Other supports are easy to flank.
    There is no way for a support to defeat a flank now a days, even with help of a damage.

BUFF OTHER SUPPORTS.
    Support the Resistance for the Good of The Realm!!

If you want to make sure that THE MAGISTRATE ARE BAD
    click HERE

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    In a situation where its flank vs. Furia, if Furia is running cherish (which is the pick 90% of the time) then she HAS to land her pillar or else she is dead.

In this situation the flank (as they should) have every advantage against Furia. All they need to do to secure the kill is:

A.) Engage her with more than 1/2 health to ensure they survive the orbs (which can be easy to avoid by jumping to make them path into the air at odd angles). Her backstep is usually not traited deeply so won't go back too far (3 at most), gets screwed by walls, and has no invul frames so she can still be sniper food while escaping.

B.) Do not get hit by the slow moving, telegraphed, incredibly easy to avoid pillar of light the fills up the screen.

Just about every other support is better than Cherish Furia at not dying to flanks.

1.) Ying can D-link then shatter you, potentially killing you with burst
    2.) Grover can immob and vine and his axe is the single highest damage support attack in the game
    3.) Jenos can grip you then your dead or by the time it ends he will rabbit glide to the other side of the map
    4.) Seris has the easiest escape in the game
    5.) Grohk... well is Grohk and while Ghost walk isn't bad, Furia's escape options might be better than him
    6.) Mal'Damba is a stun god and he can wreck flanks. Nothing is more terrifying to a flank than a really good Mal'Damba because there is almost no way to approach him without being stunlocked and killed.
    7.) Does Pip even count as support? He can out-damage dps AND flank.

She is 100% perfectly fine where she is at. Flanks complaining about dying to Cherish Furia is like the Lion complaining that the Rabbit kicked them. This is why she got very few changes (only Cherish which was OP and healed for way too much).

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    I know this will be obvious, but...
    If someone is so bad to be hit by pure strike (1 sec stun, Furia hits 330 damage every 0.5s, that means 660 dmg in 1 sec plus the 400dmg of the Pyre=1060 dmg) and die for that (that means you were super low HP when flanking her), then he DESERVES TO DIE.
    Except that if you don't have full Wrath as Furia you're doing something horribly wrong. It's hard NOT to be full, bringing her damage up to 900 ish DPS, not including headshots. Don't act like Furia is one of the least damaging supports.
    Grover isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a support with such high mobility and damage? Grover puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a champion as good as him. Jenos gets top healing. Mal Damba impacts teamfights. Grover breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

It had to be said.

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    I actually just tested it- Furia gets 12 shots out in 4 seconds during full Wrath. But I started timing as I shot the first shot, meaning it's more like she got 11 shots in 4 seconds (since there was no delay on the first shot, so it's unfair to count it.) This gives her a 2.75 shots per second fire-rate, or 907 DPS.

That said, the first second of her firing, the first shot has no delay, so you really get 3.75 shots in on that first second, bringing it to 1320 damage in 1.09 seconds, not including headshots. If you sprinkle in 1/2 headshots she can kill a 2400 hp target in 1.8 seconds. Looking at just 2000 health to be more in line with Flankers it can be 1.45 seconds. (Dead if you land 3/5 headshots, 20 hp if you land 2/5 headshots.)

No other support quite has this damage potential.

And don't forget her ult builds really quickly and if she's scared she can use it to avoid some initial burst damage and come at the enemy with 30% more speed and damage (making her harder to hit, and hit harder).

In other words, Furia does plenty of damage.

Tell me more about how every other support is way better at fighting flankers.
    Grover isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a support with such high mobility and damage? Grover puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a champion as good as him. Jenos gets top healing. Mal Damba impacts teamfights. Grover breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

It had to be said.

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Samercam View Post
    Tell me more about how every other support is way better at fighting flankers.
    Fucking none of them. I honestly really hate her.
    Protect your supports please... They want support too!
    Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

Just a silly idea

Support Pip guide here!

Fix the Pip bugs! There are 40 of them, so can we fix them please?

Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The issue with Furia is that she just gets way too much reward for way too little effort.
    She takes very little skill to do well with and honestly I don't like her as she is now.

Inb4 someone calls me a salty flank main :v
    Top Damage on Makoa: 160k
    Top Eliminations on Makoa: 71
    Top Healing on Makoa: HIREZ LET MAKOA HEALLLLLLL
    Top Objective Time on Makoa: Who gives a fuck

IGN: PlushyMakoaWaifu
    A MAKOA MAIN
    Level 73/507 games/110 hours
    58% winrate/2.46 KDA

Makoa + Damba Guides
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...584#post502584

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...660#post550660

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBaboom1 View Post
    The issue with Furia is that she just gets way too much reward for way too little effort.
    She takes very little skill to do well with and honestly I don't like her as she is now.

Inb4 someone calls me a salty flank main :v
    You have 217 games as Maeve. Dun Dun Duuuun.

Being an easy champion is ok, it's like Jenos and Seris.

But that doesn't prevent the fact that there is a hard part of the champion, the better you play, the better the result is.

Furia is easy, but that doesn't mean by necessary that there are no way to make her better. and doesn't mean she is hard to play against.

There is still a skill reward but it's accelerating like the acceleration of the straight line of a graph of a Linear function when the y intercept is a little bit high (the y axis is the reward and the x axis is the skill)
    Support the Resistance for the Good of The Realm!!

If you want to make sure that THE MAGISTRATE ARE BAD
    click HERE