Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rework Ying's Heal Suggestions

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Tagger Second Class

Lightbulb Rework Ying's Heal Suggestions

unfortunately the ying's heal doesn't choose who heals, it simply chooses automatically, in my opinion, should heal who you choose, for example: you shoot which ally you want to heal

Beta Player Viscount AsphyxiaXT's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    I've always thought that her heals would be so good if they were kind of like Grover's passive heal around the clones. I think it would be a neat concept, maybe even to replace the "Life Like" talent.
    AsphyxiaXT
    The Insane
    Twitch: Twitch.tv/AsphyxiaXT
    Twitter: Twitter.com/Asphyxia_XT

Please revert Kinessa's scope!

Beta Player Marquess SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    There have been many a threads about people wanting to shoot allies to heal them and the answer by most who like Ying is "Hell No".

To be clear I don't mind this as a new champion concept. In OW Ana has to shoot people to heal them, Ana is one of my favorite supports in that game followed by Zenyatta. The issue with shooting Allies to heal them is the game doesn't know when you want damage or heal. So If I try to shoot an Androxus while there is a Makoa (Who is an ally) then it'll heal the Makoa unless the devs implemented something like "If ally is full health then don't heal" which is what they did for Ana.

However only one game that I have played has actually done this correctly and that game is Killing Floor 2.
    What Killing Floor 2 does is there is a Medic Pistol in which you can shoot allies to heal them however the heal is actually an ability and the gun maintains full functionality. This would be akin to a champion who deals damage with LMB and can ADS (Aim Down Sight) with RMB and heal allies with Q by shooting them. Essentially there are two types of bullets, one of which is activated by pressing another button and the other is the basic damage type. KF2 does this quite well and the heal is on a resource bar.

Ying should not have this ability. However I have stated that Ying should have a talent at the very least that allows her to heal who she wants with her illusions.

At first it was a rework for Lifelike. Basically you would mark an ally first and then place an illusion down and that illusion would heal the marked target and after certain conditions were made it would act normal. Those conditions being if an ally is fully healed or dies, etc.

Now we can about some slight reworks for Ying but a lot of people love Ying and only wish for certain nerfs to be reverted.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I still think that the most important skill in playing Ying is to learn how to place clones in order to heal the exact ally you want to heal.
    Average reactions:
    1) Ying requires no skill, buhuuuuh T_T
    2) poor Ying, she is difficult because you can't choose who to heal, buuuuuhg T_T
    "Fate pace col cervello".
    Seriously, she's good as she is. If you want to aim your heals, without having to learn clone placement, pick Damba, instead.

PS: #UnnerfDimLink. This is always useful :-P
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Beta Player Viscount AsphyxiaXT's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    I still think that the most important skill in playing Ying is to learn how to place clones in order to heal the exact ally you want to heal.
    Average reactions:
    1) Ying requires no skill, buhuuuuh T_T
    2) poor Ying, she is difficult because you can't choose who to heal, buuuuuhg T_T
    "Fate pace col cervello".
    Seriously, she's good as she is. If you want to aim your heals, without having to learn clone placement, pick Damba, instead.

PS: #UnnerfDimLink. This is always useful :-P
    Yeah I think all of those responses are silly. To be honest, I think Ying is probably one of the more difficult healers to master. I mained Resonance Ying before the Dimension Link nerf of OB62, then just started maining her again a couple weeks ago because they screwed up my Kinessa scope. I'm frequently getting top damage and top heals in the game with her lol. She isn't bad, but healing WELL is hard to do, especially when you're also trying to keep escaping flanks/damage and killing all of your enemies lol.

I do honestly think Ying is in a good place right now, but if I was to change anything about her, it would be a passive heal AOE on the clones.
    AsphyxiaXT
    The Insane
    Twitch: Twitch.tv/AsphyxiaXT
    Twitter: Twitter.com/Asphyxia_XT

Please revert Kinessa's scope!

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 2
    If Ying had to choose you to heal that would be horrible. Only thing with Ying is I wish her clones had a higher priority. Meaning, lowest Ally gets healed first above all. At least one illusion can focus low allies and the other damaged. Ying actually is one of the better supports if played correctly. She has a perfect mix of damage and heals. So it all it depends. If you want to choose who you heal then I recommend one of her talents that allows you to do just that.

Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by AsphyxiaXT View Post
    I've always thought that her heals would be so good if they were kind of like Grover's passive heal around the clones. I think it would be a neat concept, maybe even to replace the "Life Like" talent.
    That's a great idea though I'm not sure if that should be to replace Life Like or Life Exchange. Just because Life Exchange is so useless. :P I would assume that it would require a reduction in the healing amount like Life Like does now, though perhaps by a larger amount since a single clone could conceivably heal the entire team.

Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KosMos View Post
    If Ying had to choose you to heal that would be horrible. Only thing with Ying is I wish her clones had a higher priority. Meaning, lowest Ally gets healed first above all. At least one illusion can focus low allies and the other damaged. Ying actually is one of the better supports if played correctly. She has a perfect mix of damage and heals. So it all it depends. If you want to choose who you heal then I recommend one of her talents that allows you to do just that.
    Ying's illusions already heal the lowest health ally in range.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I was going to write the same.
    Clones priority is for lowest HP and closest range. Trust me on that: if you can't heal the ally you want to heal, then you don't know how to play Ying and you need more training. Just that.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Tagger Second Class 250 Experience Points
    I kind of agree and disagree firstly I really want this to be a thing because theres nothing worse then someone spamming VHS because the illusion is healing the other person but i disagree as well cause i just don't think itll turn out