Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How2Grohk

Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points

How2Grohk

Grohk currently isn't the most used supp even more in comp because is ''easy'' to counter with Bulldozer but that isn't a reason to don't use him and here you will learn the art of Grohk (I also wanna be in the Guide for every champ xd)

Analyzing Abilities

Let's start with Lighting Staff, this is the basic Skill of Grohk it's a beam that deals 75 of damage every .1 This skill is absurdly powerful and it makes Grohk one of the most offensive Supps with Caut you will destroy. This cannot be manually reloaded and instead recharges when not firing if you overheat your weapon you would last 3 seconds reloading your weapon then try don't waste it too quickly, while you are reloading you are vulnerable, Now with Shock Pulse this is a projectile that bounce on enemies near enemies dealing 150 of dmg per bounce this skill also makes Grohk a god in the team fights this skill have 6 seconds cd.

We analyzed his offensive skills now let's start with his ''Defensive'' skills, Healing Totem Grohk without his totem is nothing you have to know where to deploy it defend it from enemies and ask your tanks to protect it, Grohk can make good combos with some specific tanks, Terminus and Grohk could be a great idea also Ash with Knockback build keeping away the enemies for the Totem. Ghost Walk is your only escape ability you are immune to all during this winning 20% of Movement Speed but it last only 1 second, but don't worry there's some cards that makes this ability absurdly useful I'll talk about it later

The Ultimate (Tempest) grants you cc immunity also it heals 1000 of Health to two allies in one second also granting 60% of Speed Movement to them, this lasts 3 seconds, Grohk also strike two nearby enemies dealing 200 of dmg every 0.5 seconds slowing them a lot. The Grohk's ult isn't too good but also isn't bad but the good is that Grohk can charge his Ult very quickly if you deal damage correctly and Heals your tanks a lot

Let me tell you when and how to use your Ultimate:

*You must have your Totem Deployed if you wanna Ult if you are depending of your Ult to survive you could die

*Ult when a Ally is needing healing in a fight you don't have your Totem (If it's a situation that can define the match a Capture or Push)

*Ult when your allies are Ulting, with a Makoa Ulting on your team this would work awesome

*Ult to keep pressure

*Hards Team Fights

*Don't Ult to save yourself being alone

*Don't Ult with the purpose to kill a enemy who could be killed easy

Talents

Maelstrom - Your Weapon Shots reduce the Cooldown of Shock Pulse by 0.3s and Shock Pulse bounces 4 more times

This talent is very powerful if you wanna be Grohk Damage this is your Talent, maybe you didn't understand how it works let me simplify it: Our weapon (Lighting Staff) makes an tick - Every tick reduce the Cd of our Shock Pulse and our Shock Pulse bounce more - Maybe you think that this don't make so much difference, This make a HUGE difference, Pretty good if you wanna keep pressure on the Team Fights

Totemic Ward - Allies healed by Healing Totem receive CC Immunity for 2s and Healing Totem heals for 40% more.

This is the best talent of Grohk the simple fact of grant CC Immunity is pretty good but also 40% more healing? Pfff This make you have a lot of Burst Healing - To heal always this

Wraith - When you take lethal damage Ghost Walk activates and heals you for 15% of your maximum Health. 60s cooldown

It's simple if you ''die'' and your Ghost Walk is available you won't die your Ghost Walk is activated and you get healed - This used to be the most used Talent of Grohk but they overnerfed it

Spirit's Domain - Healing totem can now deploy at range and 100% of your healing to full health players becomes a shield.

At the start it sounds good but isn't at all. The distance of deployment isn't too much (almost nothing) and the shield... Well isn't too bad it keeps good resilience to your team

Loadouts

Totemic Ward - Daddy Grohk

Gale - This reduce the Cooldown of our Totem every time that we use Ghost Walk - In a healing build put it at least lvl IV - Literaly use this card to any build, Doesn't matter the Talent use this at least at lvl III

Healing Rain - Allies inside our Totem receive a % of their Max Health every second additionaly - At least lvl III - Use this in any Healing Build - This work absurdly good with tanks and give you even more Burst Healing

Outreach/Crackle - You can chose between these cards - Outreach Increase the Area of our totem by (10%/10%) It's useful you don't have to get glued to a ally at low to Heal him - Crackle increase the duration of your totem tbh is better Outreach because your Totem already has a good duration (6 secs)

Monolith Totem - It increase the Health of your Totem - This depends, if the enemies are focused on destroy your totem increase its Health wouldn't be useful but also isn't a bad choice

Player Preference - You can chose the card what you want i would chose between:

Haunting - Reduces the Cd of our Ghost Walk

Shamanic Might - Increase your Health it's also a good idea Grohk is Half Tank

Maelstrom - Furry Hunter (Dmg/OffHealer)

Arc Lighting - This increase the bounce range of our Shock Pulse - Always in a dmg build

Thunder Struck - This reduces the overheat by a ''x'' % for every enemy hit by Shock Pulse - Always in a dmg build

Thunder Lord - With this you would increase your ammo by (10%/10%) - Your Lighting Staff would last a lot more - Our weapon last 5 seconds to be overheated with at lvl V would last 7.5 seconds- Always in a dmg build

Gale - We need to survive, i use it with lvl 3 - Always in any build

Conduit/Lighting Rod - Conduit grants us Speed Movement for hit enemies with Shock Pulse Lighting Rod heal us - Both are good options

Spirit's Domain - Resilience

Almost the same that Daddy Grohk just keep Healing Rain at lvl V because you will grants more healing and more healing means more shield

Also some Survivality cards would help because we hasn't the same burst healing without Totemic Ward: Totemic Rescue / Shamanic Might / Lighting Rod

Wraith - Aparrently Immortal/Half Tank

Haunting - Reduces the Cooldown of Ghost Walk by (0.6/0.6) - At least lvl IV

Phantom - This increase the duration of Ghost Walk it's useful at least lvl II

Gale - ALWAYS IN ANY BUILD

Totemic Rescue - We gain a Shield when we drop below the 30% of our Max Health - Has 45 seconds CD

Shamanic Might - Increasing our Health we should be more resistant

Strategy

Being Healer: Ask your teammate to protect your totem also in the champion selection ask for Terminus
    ask them to protect your totem at all cost also you must protect your totem getting infront it (From where enemies are attacking) Learn how to deploy your totem chose the perfect place using walls and structures your Healing can pass through walls - There's a technique that i have called ''The Savior'' ''Orc Shield'' and it's based on interpose the shots between a enemy to a low ally and deploying the totem saving him while you receive the damage - Try don't go directly to the point and deploy the totem instead attack with your allies from a secure position

Being a Furry Hunter (Dmg): Act as Damage - Also heal your allies when the main supp is dead - Attack where there are enemies together you will destroy them

Items

-As Healer always Chronos first at least lvl II after that you can buy Cauterize, Never buy Resilience you have CC immunity
    -As Damage you should buy Cauterize and Kill to Heal - Maybe Nimble

Counters

-Almost any champ they just have to shot your totem - Your most dangerous counters are:

-Bomb King (Area Damage)
    -Drogoz (Area Damage - With his Q destroy your totem easy)
    -Tyra (Fire Bomb destroy your totem)
    -Willo (Area Damage)
    -Evie (Area Damage - Hard to target)
    -Lian (Shots that can pass throught you hitting your totem)
    -Seris (Her Basic attacks pass throught you hitting your totem)

I guess that this is all for today I'll update this Good Luck!
    Last edited by M0NT4GN3; 07-06-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Evie is the best Champion

I live in Venezuela - I love talk about balance - Trying to reach Evie Leaderboard with 25 fps

Level
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    This should be in the strategy subforum

Also, I think there are a number of reasons people don't play Grohk. Yes, his heals are easy to counter- Cauterize, killing Grohk, and killing the totem. Basically, his heals have more counters than every other Support in the game (so why would he be a better pick?).

Plus, since Grohk's heals are stationary, it really limits the mobility of your teammates. If your teammates want heals, they have to stay grouped up with you. In higher skill games, Supports should be trying to heal all teammates (tanks, damage, flanks) as much as they can. You can't do this with Grohk, because you can't toss a Flank a heal while they're in a fight, they have to come to you. Also, in higher skill games, players may be less likely to stay grouped up too much. You might have one person on point, and 4 people pushing ahead and flanking. This strategy would not work with a Grohk, because you can't spread heals around to people who are fighting in different areas. And even if your team decides to maximize Grohk's potential, and everyone groups up...This can be very easily punished. AoE damage champions will punish this strategy (good luck protecting your totem from Tyra's fire).

The reason people don't play Grohk is because every other Support is just a better choice. With other Supports, you just have to worry about Caut, and staying alive. Tanks can take Rejuv to deal with Caut, and every Support has some sort of escape or ability to fight off attackers. Every other Support has better range than Grohk, as well (which allows them to stay out of fights, and heal flanks/dmg who may be off-point as well). There are several other Supports who also have good offensive abilities, like Damba and Furia.

The reality is simply that even Grohk's perks (like CC immunity from the totem) aren't worthwhile enough to make up for how much he is lacking compared to other Supports.
    Last edited by Genavelle; 07-04-2018 at 11:12 PM.
    The Stone Oracle of Blades

Beta Player Viscount AsphyxiaXT's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    You said too many words for how to Grohk. Here is my guide:

How to Grohk: Don't.
    AsphyxiaXT
    The Insane
    Twitch: Twitch.tv/AsphyxiaXT
    Twitter: Twitter.com/Asphyxia_XT

Please revert Kinessa's scope!

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by AsphyxiaXT View Post
    You said too many words for how to Grohk. Here is my guide:

How to Grohk: Don't.
    Beat me to it. Most of the time, outside of competitive, having Grohk as a single healer is a death sentence. There are so many counters. If the enemy team has a Willo, Tyra, Drogoz with Fullisade, or Bomb King its GG.

There is nothing more frustrating than playing Inara and having to stand in bad stuff just because of the stupid totem that usually just gets me killed by stuff like deadzone or the infamous Tyra sea of fire that spans from the Red Sea to the Indian Ocean.

The problem with Grohk is that he is the one champion that your entire team has to play around to make him effective. Without coordination he is useless. People in pick up groups that don't have a 5 man discord running are simply never going to play in a style that keeps Grohk effective.

Rule No.1: Never Grohk
    Rule No.2: If someone Grohk's pick a second support that can deal damage (e.g. Pip, Grover, Furia, or Jenos... preferrably Furia or Jenos)
    Rule No.3: On the condition that you are on a competitive team, have spent more years training in the ways of Grohk than a DOTA 2 world champion 2 weeks before a 1 million dollar tournament, have Grohk over level 50, are a master, have fully completed the battle pass to get the unique cyberdemon Grohk skin... then STILL DONT GROHK.
    Last edited by Rivenmist; 07-04-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I posted in wrong place i know
    Last edited by stesc5; 07-05-2018 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Strange.... i found it in the right place. ;)

Evie is the best Champion

I live in Venezuela - I love talk about balance - Trying to reach Evie Leaderboard with 25 fps

Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Nevertheless Grohk still has an excellent winrate compared to other healers. He might not be reliable as main healer but his classic role is the second healer and damage dealer and there he is still good.

Level
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    Nevertheless Grohk still has an excellent winrate compared to other healers. He might not be reliable as main healer but his classic role is the second healer and damage dealer and there he is still good.
    Meh, I'm personally not a fan of double-healer teams. I'd rather have 2 Frontlines, or if I have to solo tank, I'd prefer an extra Damage over an extra Healer. Double-Support just means the enemies will rush Caut asap, which now handicaps 2 of your teammates. Plus, when you get 2 Supports, they both start thinking "well, X is going to heal so I can focus a little more on damage", and then they're both slacking on the heals.

And I mean, honestly I just don't think Grohk players are good themselves. I mean, people who insist on playing Grohk...I don't get it. I feel like if they would just try out other Supports, they would realize how much better the other Supports are. But they stick to Grohk because they're trying to prove that it can be good, and so overall they're kind of lacking in skill and performance anyway, because they haven't really practiced enough Champions.
    The Stone Oracle of Blades

Beta Player Viscount AsphyxiaXT's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Grohk over all is the worst champion in the game, no matter his win rate. He is easy to counter, as a healer, his damage can be good but generally in the upper tiers, it is not better than any other Damage champion unless the enemy team is REALLY BAD and just groups up close together all match.

Over all, Grohk being a DPS+Heal champion is beat out by things like Resonance Ying, Furia, and Pip when it comes to damage and heal output. His heal has too long of a cooldown and is stuck in one place and easy to destroy. I think they need to give Grohk a legendary/Talent that gives his totem 2 charges. If he had that to where he could drop 2 totems, he could be insanely good as an on-point support champion. They'd probably have to do what they did with Ying's "Life Like" card if they did that though, 30% less healing or something like that. It would still be worth playing.

Anyway, moral of the story is that Grohk is in a very bad place and is the worst champion in the game right now. The best "How To" for Grohk is to not play him at all.
    AsphyxiaXT
    The Insane
    Twitch: Twitch.tv/AsphyxiaXT
    Twitter: Twitter.com/Asphyxia_XT

Please revert Kinessa's scope!

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    In my opinion Healing Rain is kind of overrated since you already heal so much.
    You could use those unnecessary points for something like Ghost Walk speed to escape better, or duration to self heal in totem.

btw Half Shell Makoa with doubletank and Grohk is so underrated

Great guide
    Last edited by TheBaboom1; 07-05-2018 at 10:02 PM.
    Top Damage on Makoa: 160k
    Top Eliminations on Makoa: 71
    Top Healing on Makoa: HIREZ LET MAKOA HEALLLLLLL
    Top Objective Time on Makoa: Who gives a fuck

IGN: PlushyMakoaWaifu
    A MAKOA MAIN
    Level 64/449 games/96 hours
    59% winrate/2.46 KDA

Bring bacc unkillable Makoko

Want to learn how to play Makoa?
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...584#post502584

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    I see it quoted often that Grohk has a very high winrate. This is because he is rarely picked, so the data is skewed in favor of those who play him often, i.e. good Grohk players, while there are many bad Dambas and Serii. Statistics aren't pure
    Top Damage on Makoa: 160k
    Top Eliminations on Makoa: 71
    Top Healing on Makoa: HIREZ LET MAKOA HEALLLLLLL
    Top Objective Time on Makoa: Who gives a fuck

IGN: PlushyMakoaWaifu
    A MAKOA MAIN
    Level 64/449 games/96 hours
    59% winrate/2.46 KDA

Bring bacc unkillable Makoko

Want to learn how to play Makoa?
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...584#post502584