Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the game is so unbalanced, how to fix balance issues.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMasd View Post
    You want TTK lowered? Do you mean increased? I've seen a Lex melt a tyra in like 1.9 seconds. I don't think TTK needs to be lowered. I think the healing is fine because cauterize is so op. I'd rather cauterize go to 400 points instead of 300 and deft hands go to 300 instead, so getting 90% cauterize would be a lot harder. It's the most important item in the game. But the balance issues don't stop there.
    Sorry, yeah, I meant increased. Not by a huge amount, and not necessarily by buffing health or nerfing damage (although that is needed in some cases). The biggest issue for me is the projectile speed increases that came with the console balancing. Past a certain range, there is nothing you can do to avoid taking damage if the other person is a competent aimer (unlike hitscan). They could increase the movement speed, but that would only exacerbate the TTK problem, people who move poorly would still be melted with little time to react, whereas skilled players would gain an even greater advantage by being much harder to hit. So nerfing the projectile speeds is the best option.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamael View Post
    No, I want their healing scaled back, and their health and damage potential restored. And the overall TTK lowered.
    The point was exactly this. WE DON'T WANT TTK lowered. We want it to be raised ;-)

Honestly, you should read things twice, just to make sure you understand the point before you reply.
    These passionate quick-fire replies of yours are exactly that, passionate, and far too quick. Read, think, then read and think again, then reply, once you have thought through what you want to say.
    You can do it! x
    Oooooh, passive-aggressiveness! How I love it! And how much it works with me! <3 <3 <3
    Please, try again. I am not 13 since a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidt View Post
    I've already given up on the game, flanks already dominate as it is.
    I admit I am playing less and less every day. Between this and the MM (pure idiocy), I am losing the will.

Quote Originally Posted by GaoShun View Post
    Apparently not dominating enough according to flank mains
    I actually think that the biggest problem of this game IS flank mains...

Sorry, yeah, I meant increased.
    Ah, so in the end it was you the one not reading what you had written.
    Funny!
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    The point was exactly this. WE DON'T WANT TTK lowered. We want it to be raised ;-)

Oooooh, passive-aggressiveness! How I love it! And how much it works with me! <3 <3 <3
    Please, try again. I am not 13 since a long while.

I admit I am playing less and less every day. Between this and the MM (pure idiocy), I am losing the will.

I actually think that the biggest problem of this game IS flank mains...

Ah, so in the end it was you the one not reading what you had written.
    Funny!
    I don't know if you have recently seen the new Jay Flare video... he literally asked to buff flanks and to nerf damages... also he is somehow triggered since furia is the only support that can fight with flanks consistently, whining about her being Op and Maeve being dead for a simple 5% nerf on Sj(when that talent should be lowered even more)

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyBombk View Post
    I don't know if you have recently seen the new Jay Flare video...
    I don't usually watch videos, I don't like it. But from what others told me, there are many flank mains that streams and simply care nothing about the balance in this game, but only want easy kills so...

Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyBombk View Post
    also he is somehow triggered since furia is the only support that can fight with flanks consistently, whining about her being Op and Maeve being dead for a simple 5% nerf on Sj(when that talent should be lowered even more)
    So, let me understand: Furia WAS (they have already declared her death with 1.4 patch) the only decent support, instead of asking for buff on other supports, he is asking for a nerf?
    I don't know if I should be surprised she got buffed after his words. HiRez has already shown us that they simply can't balance this game.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I don't usually watch videos, I don't like it. But from what others told me, there are many flank mains that streams and simply care nothing about the balance in this game, but only want easy kills so...

So, let me understand: Furia WAS (they have already declared her death with 1.4 patch) the only decent support, instead of asking for buff on other supports, he is asking for a nerf?
    I don't know if I should be surprised she got buffed after his words. HiRez has already shown us that they simply can't balance this game.
    Gotta disagree with you there, the rest of the support got huge buff in 1.4.
    And SJ Maeve changed to a finisher instead of percentage based.

Let see this new balancing period
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Level
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    HiRez has already shown us that they simply can't balance this game.
    Can't and don't want to. To balance the game would mean pissing(either by nerfing them or buffing everyone else) off flank and (partially) DD mains and that could result in a massive player drop off. It would ensure the long term success of the game, but it would require for them to endure a "flankpocalypse".

Instead they choose death by slowly bleeding out. Players wont leave all at once, instead few will leave every patch. This can be seen with a single look at steam charts. You will see that after every patch they loose more players than they gain.

Notice the spikes, those are the dates new patches are released. After them its always a massive fall off that always, I stress always, goes lower than the previous minimum, then another patch comes. Rinse and repeat until the player base hits zero. Or Hi-rez turns around and actually fixes its balance, matchmaking, monetization, game direction,bu... or you know what NWM, hitting zero is actually more likely at this point.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class
    In their defense it's not easy to balance a game.... Also not everyone uses Steam, but my guess is it's probably around the same sort of statistics. Patch 1.4 balance notes were just released. This entire topic proves everything we've been saying to be true. Imagine a world where Moji is nerfed and Khan is buffed. Evie and BK nerfed but Andro and Maeve buffed. Console vs PC, Flanks vs Damage and so on.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    @Valkure THIS. AS A SUPPORT MAIN, I APPROVE THIS SO MUCH, FINALLY I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS NERFING SUPPORT ROLE AND GIVE HUGE DAMAGE TO FLANKER WAS THE WORST IDEA. Everything you said 100% agree. Nowadays you have Lex shooting in the middle of 3-4 enemies killing them all. Supporter with no proper protection is a dead one in 2 shots, make it already 5-4.If flanker is able to kill a healer in 2 shots, then supporters should have more heals, more damage OR flankers less damage. Now you can play flanker as every damn role
    Ying waifu

Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Start balancing the game for console and pc separately, i think this will solve it :^).

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyRuff View Post
    Start balancing the game for console and pc separately, i think this will solve it :^).
    Not happening, as they intend to do pc x console crossplay.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!