Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Curing Cancerous Casual Pips

Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Imagine if Makoa's hook was made autoaim because no one in Bronze could hit it
    Top Damage on Makoa: 160k
    Top Eliminations on Makoa: 71
    Top Healing on Makoa: HIREZ LET MAKOA HEALLLLLLL
    Top Objective Time on Makoa: Who gives a fuck

IGN: PlushyMakoaWaifu
    A MAKOA MAIN
    Level 73/507 games/110 hours
    58% winrate/2.46 KDA

Bring bacc unkillable Makoko

Want to learn how to play Makoa?
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...584#post502584

Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by HikaZee View Post
    This is exactly one of the many reasons why he is such a cancerous problem in Deathmatch and Siege. Yes, a large quantity of the playerbase does play Deathmatch and Siege (including myself on occasion)

What is the excuse for Pip here?

I can keep posting more if it helps get the point across that there is a problem with Pips
    that's a bot

anyway, here is mine
    Mischief pip vs 4 support (wanted to play as damage but the solo Jenos needed help)
    http://paladins.guru/match/pc/253060924

TDM mega potion solo healer
    http://paladins.guru/match/pc/252078954

btw, Catmandude is one of the best Pip player in the forum, mine are nothing compared to him

You can't force players to be a good support especially Pip, you need skill to use him effectively as a healer
    Pip healing is burst and timed healing (you gotta match it with cauterize effect disappearing to max the effect) so its harder for new players / noobs to use effectively

Also, adding more effect to Mega potion like that makes it OP. the current one is enough to make Androxus/Maeve/Drogoz goes back to full health while they are far behind the enemy line
    Last edited by GaoShun; 07-04-2018 at 02:22 AM.
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I'd like to point out an obvious thing.
    The fact that there are many bad Pip players has nothing to do with the fact that Pip is a good/bad champion. Pip is good as he is (maybe I would slightly touch one of his cooldown, but there are more experienced players here, for that). The fact that average-low-tier-Pip is getting 5000 heals is not due to the fact that Pip is UP, but to the fact that the player is retarded.

Always ask in chat which kind of Pip he's going to play and, if you don't trust him enough, PICK ANOTHER SUPPORT. It's the same for Agony Seris :-P
    The basic thing players need to learn is that, even if they're going full dmg, Q is still there, they can still throw a potion when the tank is dying and the main support is too far to heal him. But that's not a problem of Pip, that's a problem of a stupid player.

Then we can discuss about MM and why stupid players are not playing only among them, but this is for another thread...
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    The problem I got with Pip lately in ranked is, that I often end in a solo-tank team with him, or even worse a no tank team. For solo tank he is no good healer but there is no way to tell unless 2 tanks are already picked.

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    The problem I got with Pip lately in ranked is, that I often end in a solo-tank team with him, or even worse a no tank team. For solo tank he is no good healer but there is no way to tell unless 2 tanks are already picked.
    Pip can do a solo tank.

Level
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by undeadvillan View Post
    Pip can do a solo tank.
    He can, but by no means is he the best for it. Any other support does the job better here, besides Grohk and sometimes Grover. Grohk because he's bad right now, and Grover also thrives with the double tank setup.
    Protect your supports please... They want support too!
    Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

Just a silly idea

Support Pip guide here!

Fix the Pip bugs! There are 40 of them, so can we fix them please?

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by CatManDude View Post
    He can, but by no means is he the best for it. Any other support does the job better here, besides Grohk and sometimes Grover. Grohk because he's bad right now, and Grover also thrives with the double tank setup.
    For solo tank I would place my bet on Seris before anyone else. But if you have a healing Pip for solo tank all hope isn't loss. Pip can do fine with double tanks IMO I have no problem keeping the both alive.

Level
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by undeadvillan View Post
    For solo tank I would place my bet on Seris before anyone else. But if you have a healing Pip for solo tank all hope isn't loss. Pip can do fine with double tanks IMO I have no problem keeping the both alive.
    I just said that there are far better options for solo tank. Like, Seris, Furia, Damba, and Jenos would work better with a solo tank to be honest. And I never said that he has a problem with double tank. And I never said he doesn't do well in a double tank set up. If anything, he's the best support for that when played properly.
    Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

Just a silly idea

Support Pip guide here!

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    One can say that Pip is a good/balanced champion but that's doesn't matter if the majority of players do poorly with him. A champion's design must be relative to the average skill of the player base. As far as I can see, most players do not play Pip as a support, they play him as a damage/flank therefore he should be reworked into a damage or flank.

I have lost countless matches because somebody locks in Pip and the rest of my team thinks they will be healed because we have a "Support", wrong. Pip ends with 15k heals or less 90% of the time and 90% of those heals will be on himself only.

What is the difference between Pip's kit and Buck's kit? Almost nothing. Pip is the projectile version of Buck. With some slight modifications, Pip can just be reclassed as Flank where he has always belonged.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugenpresse View Post
    One can say that Pip is a good/balanced champion but that's doesn't matter if the majority of players do poorly with him. A champion's design must be relative to the average skill of the player base. As far as I can see, most players do not play Pip as a support, they play him as a damage/flank therefore he should be reworked into a damage or flank.
    Uh, this isn't true at all. The majority of newer players to the game do poorly with him, same as players who are newer to the champion, and this is to be expected; not every character requires the same skill to play. By this logic, Damba should be made easier to play in order to make it so the average player can play him with some relative ease. Also, he's fine as a support. There's no reason to change him to a flank due to how well he can be as a support when played as one; making tanks potentially immortal.

I have lost countless matches because somebody locks in Pip and the rest of my team thinks they will be healed because we have a "Support", wrong. Pip ends with 15k heals or less 90% of the time and 90% of those heals will be on himself only.
    That's not really fully the Pip player's fault. He should at least say that he's not doing any healing, as is going to be doing damage. Regardless, if a player does poorly with the champion, that's not the champion's fault.

What is the difference between Pip's kit and Buck's kit? Almost nothing. Pip is the projectile version of Buck. With some slight modifications, Pip can just be reclassed as Flank where he has always belonged.
    There's also a huge difference between Buck and Pip's kit. First of all, the loadout cards are a huge part of someone's kit. Buck has cards that are deliberately designed towards him being able to flank, whereas Pip has near 0, besides Mischief. And again, there's no need to reclass him to a flank. Pip working as a flank is a terrible meme that Hi-Rez tries to keep alive; it never really worked for Pip, regardless of what people say. It only somewhat worked when flanks weren't about dealing over 1000 damage in less than a second, and when he had more mobility.

Just a silly idea

Support Pip guide here!