Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Curing Cancerous Casual Pips

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 250 Experience Points

Curing Cancerous Casual Pips

You queue up for a game and find your only support as Pip, and of-course they are "damage pip" or "flank pip". If all of your team makes their selection (no anti-pip deserters) you are likely to end up with a loss. Your Khan ends up out damaging and out healing your Pip. If you had a different front-line they probably healed themselves more than Pip did.

Lets get down to it. Pip needs better support for each legendary. Even when choosing Mega Potions he does not put out as much useful healing as other supports. I have never had a pip out heal me as any other support (whether he be on my team or the enemy team). I have also never been able to hit heal numbers as high as I can with all the other support champions, even when focusing more on healing as Pip.

Catalyst
    - Keep current effect
    - Casting Healing Potion (or would Explosive Flask be better?) on allies now grants X shield over X amount of seconds

Combat Medic
    - Keep current effect
    - Hitting an ally with potion launcher grants X amount of health over X amount of seconds

Mischief
    - Keep current effect
    - Increases the duration of weightless by X seconds (1 or 2)
    - Increases healing received during weightless by X%
    - X% increase to base heal

Mega Potions
    - 100% increase to base heal
    - Increase the area of healing potion by 25%
    - Increase the area of potion launcher by 25%
    - Increase the area of explosive flask by 25%
    - Upon explosion, healing potion leaves behind regenerative fumes for X amount of seconds, allowing allies who stand in the fumes to recover x amount of health (small regeneration).
    Last edited by HikaZee; 07-03-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    No. None of these would be good for the game. Pip is one of the few champions who has diverse playstyles, so let's not take that away from him; you don't need to buff his healing on each legendary, that's just silly. These changes would only make Mega Potion the viable legendary for him. If anything, Mischief and Combat Medic just need flat out reworks, and that's it. Also, it's casual, let people do whatever they want. Additionally, these would also overbuff him.
    Protect your supports please... They want support too!
    Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

Just a silly idea

Support Pip guide here!

Fix the Pip bugs! There are 40 of them, so can we fix them please?

Member Esquire
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by CatManDude View Post
    No. None of these would be good for the game. Pip is one of the few champions who has diverse playstyles, so let's not take that away from him; you don't need to buff his healing on each legendary, that's just silly. These changes would only make Mega Potion the viable legendary for him. If anything, Mischief and Combat Medic just need flat out reworks, and that's it. Also, it's casual, let people do whatever they want. Additionally, these would also overbuff him.
    Care to actually share some suggestions then? When playing Deathmatch and Siege, instead of ranked, I all too often I see damage Pip's (usually with lower damage than everyone else) healing between 0 and 5,000.. Its pretty common to see Pip's with 0 kills, lots of deaths, and barely any damage or healing. Even with Mega Potion low healing is normal. I also frequently see players complaining about Pip in the chat, and see more pip's getting reported for feeding, than any other champion. There is clearly a problem with Pip. It may be casual but it is also a large proportion of the game's player-base. He needs a rework.

Considering his healing is a medium insta-heal on a timer, and with a small radius, I don't see how any of these would overbuff him to the point of being OP. Most of them would bring him "closer" to being on par with other supports. Something additional is necessary, and X can be a low number.

My other suggestion was going to be to:
    - Increase Pip's baseline healing by 100%
    (since Mega Potion currently doesn't do much to boost his overall support, but does make a slight difference healing frontlines, and cooldown reductions don't allow his other three legendary cards to sufficiently keep a frontline healed)
    - Modify Mega Potion to have the lingering regenerative fumes
    Last edited by HikaZee; 07-03-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    He doesn't need a rework. If anything, the players who are doing so poorly on the character need to get way better. He has a similar case to Mal Damba; you can't just pick him up and do fantastic the first time you play him (Unless he perfectly fits your play style), that's not how this game works. There are a plethora of players who can clearly show how well he can preform, and again, a lot of people play casual to just goof about, and to play characters/playstyles for characters that they may not be good with. Also, judging by your join date for the forums, something makes me think that you may be newer to the game; and if that is the case, a lot of newer players don't do very well with Pip.

Also, the reasons why these changes would make him super OP, is due to how much you could abuse them with a given loadout. For example, I could flat out remove a card in my deck for my supportive loadout, and spend all of its points into something else to just give myself way more of an advantage over other characters that I shouldn't have at all. Also, Mega Potion as is right now is really good, mostly due to how much burst damage potential is in the game; having Mega Potion enables you to burst a tank from low health to basically full as long as they can get cauterize off of them, in less than a second.

Like, I'm not going to lie, it's hard for me to actually fully explain why any changes to his talents right now is a bad thing. His kit is fine as is, if anything, he could just use a small health buff to compensate for his oversized hitbox. Other than that, he just needs bug fixing, and I can assure you he'd be a lot better than he is right now.
    Support main/Pip main. Greatest healing: 230,070 | Current goal: 200,000 achieved! Take a look at it! Woohoo!

Just a silly idea

Support Pip guide here!

Beta Player Marquess undeadvillan's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Pip's healing legendary is fine.
    But I do agree and get annoyed by the flank or damage Pip since they usually end up under performing compared what a real damage or flank would do.

Member Esquire
    Level
    Achievements:
    Also, judging by your join date for the forums, something makes me think that you may be newer to the game; and if that is the case, a lot of newer players don't do very well with Pip.
    I'm new to the forums, not the game. Interestingly Pip was the first Champion I played when I did first start Paladins, and I did quite well with him (top plays, best in class, with good damage and heals). I know what he is capable of, but I also know that the other supports can put out more damage and healing, and that he is cancerous in casuals and randoms.

Also, Mega Potion as is right now is really good, mostly due to how much burst damage potential is in the game; having Mega Potion enables you to burst a tank from low health to basically full as long as they can get cauterize off of them, in less than a second.
    Yes, Mega Potion does allow him to provide a chunky heal to a frontline, but his healing is laughable when using any of his other three legendaries (even utilizing cooldown reductions).

Here is a good example directly comparing Pip to other supports in a random match. Five supports and not only did he do the least amount of damage but his healing was flat out horrible. This is consistent in most deathmatch and siege games.

- Strictly increasing his baseline healing would make him "viable" in healing a frontline
    - Increasing the baseline radius of his heal would reduce how often these prevalent Pip's miss their heals (also way too common in deathmatch and siege). Yes, I know there is a card for this, and I know this is where "skill" comes into play. I would take a bad Androxous on my team over a bad Pip any day.

Furia has an option for Pyre as a secondary heal which can heal or miss. Mal'Damba has Mending Spirits which can heal or miss. They both have an alternative primary or secondary method of healing. Pip doesn't. He either needs a secondary method of healing or to reduce the "skill" required for his only heal. As a support it shouldn't be as common as it is for Pip's to heal this low. The damage and cc portion of Pip should be where "skill" comes into play.
    Last edited by HikaZee; 07-03-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by HikaZee View Post
    Yes, Mega Potion does allow him to provide a chunky heal to a frontline, but his healing is laughable when using any of his other three legendaries (even utilizing cooldown reductions).
    That's the point. The other loadouts aren't meant for him to be doing more healing. Mischief is supposed to be designed for flank heavy comps, whereas Combat medic was the pitiful attempt to bridge the gap between damage and support Pip.

Also, for that match, literally no one did well on the pip's team. If anything, he was one of the ones that did better. Damage means 0, whereas kills mean the most.

Just a silly idea

Support Pip guide here!

Member Esquire
    Level
    Achievements:
    The other loadouts aren't meant for him to be doing more healing.
    This is exactly one of the many reasons why he is such a cancerous problem in Deathmatch and Siege. Yes, a large quantity of the playerbase does play Deathmatch and Siege (including myself on occasion)

What is the excuse for Pip here?

I can keep posting more if it helps get the point across that there is a problem with Pips
    Last edited by HikaZee; 07-03-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    There is literally no reason at all for any of this
    Yes there are bad Pip players. That does not mean that he should be buffed so that he's easier for those who play him.
    It means that you need to raise your ELO or HiRez needs to implement better matchmaking.

Pip is fine where he is now. Don't buff him unnecessarily
    Top Damage on Makoa: 160k
    Top Eliminations on Makoa: 71
    Top Healing on Makoa: HIREZ LET MAKOA HEALLLLLLL
    Top Objective Time on Makoa: Who gives a fuck

IGN: PlushyMakoaWaifu
    A MAKOA MAIN
    Level 73/507 games/110 hours
    58% winrate/2.46 KDA

Makoa + Damba Guides
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...584#post502584

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...660#post550660

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by HikaZee View Post
    This is exactly one of the many reasons why he is such a cancerous problem in Deathmatch and Siege. Yes, a large quantity of the playerbase does play Deathmatch and Siege (including myself on occasion)

What is the excuse for Pip here?
    I can keep posting more if it helps get the point across that there is a problem with Pips
    How is variety in a way a character can be played bad? If anything, that's healthy for the game. Also, the person playing him was just bad at the character. And as Baboom just said; do that stuff. Because I don't think that I'll be able to get the point across that there isn't a problem with Pip. There's a problem with the people playing him. That is a huge difference.

Just a silly idea

Support Pip guide here!