Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Developer Q & A!

Community Manager Viscount EvilMojoAlyssa's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Hey everyone! Thanks so much for all your questions! We're going to spend time getting to as many as we can and inviting other developers to jump in. \^o^/
    Lead Community Manager | @HiRezAlyssa

Be sure to read the Forum's Code of Conduct before posting!

Can't solve your problem on the forums? Submit a Support Ticket.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Omenya View Post
    Have you plans for dubbing the game in other languages besides Chinese?
    Localized Announcer Packs are actually in the works now! I don't know if there are any current plans beyond dubbed Announcer Packs, but if players really enjoy them, it's definitely a possibility!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by stesc5 View Post
    Will there be localized or local Support that can be contacted in different languages?
    We offer support in English, Russian, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Polish, Turkish, and now Japanese!

Tickets are all submitted here and then routed to the correct customer support rep: https://www.hirezstudios.com/submit-support-ticket/

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugiyo View Post
    Will there be more workers on Hi-Rez who will work on Paladins? and Also will there be direct-purchase to most skins.
    We've kept a steady team size for a while - about 70 developers. That doesn't include employees who work across multiple games, like the Platform team, Localization team, Marketing team, etc. I think there's definitely room to grow even more in the future (and we're hiring for quite a few positions right now!) but our current team size allows us to remain agile enough to release a lot of content in regular updates.

I'd like to take this opportunity to give a peak into game development, specifically free-to-play games! The cogs and gears are super interesting, in my opinion, and not something most players get to learn about. Historically, direct-purchase skins don't monetize as well. Frankly, several years ago, skins that we put as direct-purchase didn't make any money when you factored the cost it took to create them. Chests are what keep free-to-play games successful. However, we totally understand that players sometimes just want to purchase the exact skin they want. We tried a test with Ameri-Khan in 1.2 - players can either purchase him directly for 600 Crystals, or potentially get him for much cheaper in a Chest. I haven't checked the stats, but if these options really resonate with players, it's likely that we'll try it again in the future!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanstanislass View Post
    1st, will the dev make this forum the main one?
    2nd, will the dev use our champion concept?
    3rd, will the dev make sandbox mode for CC maker?
    These are our official forums! We're active in all kinds of communities, but they are primarily fan-run.

Several previous skins actually started out as community fan concepts. Carnival Ying, Clockwork Torvald, Divine Seris, Galactic Scion Lian, DZ-03 Draco, and a few others were originally fan art - some of them posted on these forums! While we wouldn't take an exact Champion concept and replicate it in-game, I know the designers get a lot of inspiration from the creative ideas that players concoct. I can say that one of the Champions we have planned for later this year has a kit that's similar to Champion concepts fans have posted.

We don't have any plans to release a sandbox mode.

Forum Moderator Grand Prince aexis2341's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Overdrive Tagger First Class 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    First question:
    Will you give us the possibility to get new skins either via chest or direct purchase like you did with Ameri-Khan?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.
    Need help regarding the game? You can submit a Support Ticket.

Main goal in Paladins: Get every skin for Cassie

Beta Player Sovereign Prince M0NT4GN3's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    First Question:

There's some champions which their faces in-game aren't similar to their selection images (like Evie)

We are going to see their update soon?
    Venezuelan guys that loves Paladins and its community
    Da rules

1 question will the skins like raeve and the other ones you cant get currently be able to be bought with crystals?
    2 (is kinda a thought for what you could do later on) being able to play against pc players while on console if the player enables an option in the settings but to make it a bit fair make like console have a bit more auto-aim or take a bit less damage from the pc players
    3 in the twitch stream it says you can get in-game rewards i wondering if you have to talk in the stream for you to be able to get it and how rare is it to get

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Firstly, thank you for creating this thread and for the devs for agreeing to participate.

1st Q: Since Matchmaker 3.0 is coming soon, and it should fix the problems with the current MM, are you going to bring back the borders for the ranks? (competitive imo, is much more valuable with a way to show your progress in it, in this case the borders)

2nd Q: Are there any plans in the future for a story/lore mode?

3rd Q: Is there a set amount of champions that you want to reach? Or are you going to add champions whenever you see fits?

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    1.Are there any plans for creating list of people who have been ignored in game that can be watched from menu?
    I would like to see trolls, flamers added to my collection of people who are muted and which of them play or stopped (for various reasons ban etc ) playing the game.

2. How frequently you are planing to release new maps to play (especially team deathmatch ones)?
    It would be a blast if they were released every patch although I know its wishful thinking.

3. Any large or medium scale champion reworks on the horizon?
    Champs like vivian, lex, moji doesnt seem to have interesting play pattern just spam autoattack or slide. And its kinda anti fun killed by them especialy good lex.
    Last edited by Kerablis; 07-16-2018 at 12:44 PM.