Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Make Seris more intresting

Beta Player Viscount KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    I can not explain you enaught times: I agree, caut destorys her. This is why I proposed to change her self healing ability to be immunite against caut. And also proposed this to have harder dmg. She could be viable against caut with my changes. And also could kill the flanks a little easier, if she notice them.
    This Mortal Reach change isn't nerf, it is just stay its power when its bonuses becomes much more effective: the range is help against the heal-punish, de duration is much more effective, bec I proposed to decrease her healing tick time from 0.15s to 0.1s. So she could heal more in the same time. If we wanna keep her healing bonus, dont wanna buff this Talent, we should decrease its duration bonus. I wish you understand this.
    There are Shadow Travel card nerfs, but I also buffed the BASIC EFFICIENCY: decreased the cast time from 1.5s to 1.2s. This is a hard buff. After this she wont have to use Veil like now.
    She will have to look and be careful to every direction. If she notice the enemy flank, she could able to fight and kill him/her, but if ahe dont notice, she dies easier. This is why she could be more intresting
    I play as her some much, you can check on paladins.guru. I have got so much experience about her, I know what is her meta, what is boring in her style and what changes could make her more fun. This thread isnt against Seris, but not for make her OP too. I think she is one of the most passive healer in the game now. Supporters have to heal more than deal dmg but her relation is extrame. A little less healing potential, little more dmg could make her more fun.
    (My Damba rework proposal was written by the same ideology, except I would give him much more buffs than nerfs.)
    Her healing is so primitive too, its harder to learn heal well e.g. as Jenos, Damba or Ying. This change proposal is a way to make her healing ability more complex: she wont have to aim, wont have to devide her heal at the same time, just look around and be careful. And let her kill easier. This is what I just wanna
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 06-21-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    I can not explain you enaught times: I agree, caut destorys her. This is why I proposed to change her self healing ability to be immunite against caut. And also proposed this to have harder dmg.
    This could be good, but since she is still channeling heals, you can't destroy her heals to give her a dmg she would still not able to use (for she's channeling), and you can't remove her survivability (only decent thing she has) to compensate, for there's nothing to compensate :-/
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    This could be good, but since she is still channeling heals, you can't destroy her heals to give her a dmg she would still not able to use (for she's channeling), and you can't remove her survivability (only decent thing she has) to compensate, for there's nothing to compensate :-/
    Theres no heals destroying and survivability removing proposal. Theres a heal buff (lower duration, higher heal amount), basic HP buff and basic Shadow Travel cast time buff. I just wanna nerf her OP cards and also buff her weak cards and Talents.
    You can stop heals whenever and don't have to use all the time. In the current system Seris can not deal with flanks but can escape even when she don't notice them in time: Obeservation isn't so important. I wanna change this: If you discover them before starts healing again, you have real chanse to defend yourself, and if you not, you will die. This should be the game.

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 250 Experience Points
    The problem with many champions often seems to be that one particular ability card is either significantly more powerful, more interesting, or more useful than all the others. Let's focus on making them all useful so Seris is still "considered" a viable healer no matter which is chosen.

Mortal Reach
    - Add effect to mitigate cauterize

Soul Collector
    - Add a stacking increased healing effect to restore soul
    (this makes damage Seris a viable frontline healer)

The Void Abides
    - No changes

Agony
    - Add effect for Rend Soul to now also heal an ally (any of these as prospective mechanics: last ally healed by restore soul, ally nearest to Serris, or allie(s) within proximity of the target and rend soul when Seris activate it)
    Last edited by HikaZee; 06-22-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Seris is an excellent healbot (when played with The Void Abides), my highest heal in a match (300K), I did with her. I don't think she is "killed by cauterize". Seris is mainly a tank-healer, if the tanks have rejuve III they get still 40% heal during caut III. Tanks with heal-increasing skills/cards like Inara or Terminus get even more. Tanks have shields and escape-abilities that buy enough time for Seris to heal them up while and after they retreat. A 500/second heal against caut III can be still enough to keep the tank alive. Her massive healing output on a single target makes Seris less effected by caut than lets say Jenos who hardly keeps a tank alive with his 220/sec HP heal. The idea that Seris is "killed by caut" is probably based on the opinion that the healer should wait till caut wears off before healing but this doesn't go for a heal-spammer like Seris.

Seris worked for me very well till I reached gold. Then I started loosing with her and changed to Ying.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    Seris is an excellent healbot (when played with The Void Abides), my highest heal in a match (300K), I did with her. I don't think she is "killed by cauterize". Seris is mainly a tank-healer, if the tanks have rejuve III they get still 40% heal during caut III. Tanks with heal-increasing skills/cards like Inara or Terminus get even more. Tanks have shields and escape-abilities that buy enough time for Seris to heal them up while and after they retreat. A 500/second heal against caut III can be still enough to keep the tank alive. Her massive healing output on a single target makes Seris less effected by caut than lets say Jenos who hardly keeps a tank alive with his 220/sec HP heal. The idea that Seris is "killed by caut" is probably based on the opinion that the healer should wait till caut wears off before healing but this doesn't go for a heal-spammer like Seris.

Seris worked for me very well till I reached gold. Then I started loosing with her and changed to Ying.
    1st: I don't wanna her (and any other champ) be a healbot, bec this is boring.
    2nd: caut3+rejavunate3= 0.1*1.3= 13% healing. Not 40%.
    3rd: Caut kills her is meaning that her only 1v1 skill is based on self healing, so she always lose against a caut owner enemy.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I think we're swimming against the current. Seris is born as to be a healbot and trying to go against her own designation is impossible, without a total rework. So, ok, let's keep Seris as a healbot BUT add other possible play styles to her.
    I'd keep The Void abide as it is, that's the healing bot card.
    Then I'll change the other talents. For the stun, you are sacrificing too much healing, it is not worth the exchange. The basic dmg card that enhance her HP while pressing Q (something on such a cooldown that it's totally useless) is blatantly stupid.

A rework for her dmg side would need:
    1) to decrease Q cooldown significantly
    2) to make the dmg more important
    both sacrificing heals.
    Something like:
    "Rend Soul now applies a 1.5s stun to the victim when they are afflicted with 4 Soul Charges. And Rend Soul cd is lowered by 2 sec."
    or
    "Each Soul Charge you detonate increases your [removed: Maximum Health and] Weapon Damage by 2% until you die. Stacks up to 10 times. And Rend Soul cd is lowered by 2 sec."
    When using one of these, "Restore the soul of an ally, Healing them for 500 health every second for 2 seconds." that should compensate. So, if they want to go dmg, they can finally go dmg for real.

The numbers are just examples, they have not been tested or calculated, it is just for giving an idea.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    2nd: caut3+rejavunate3= 0.1*1.3= 13% healing. Not 40%.
    https://paladins.gamepedia.com/Diminishing_returns