Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Evie balance ideas

Beta Player Viscount KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered

My Evie balance ideas

This thread isn't about buff or nerf Evie. I think she is ok, but only with Wormhole Talent and Flicker card what are OP. I wanna buff her other possibilities and nerf the mentioned things.

Issues:
    -Wormhole is her only viable talent
    -She is just Blink oriented, while she has got other very creative skills too
    -Flicker card's heal is too much
    -She hasn't got any other selfhealer ability
    -Ice Block is weak compared by other defending abilities
    -Soar is just too rarely without the Killing Frost card, what is too important for her
    -Wormhole's quick back blink gives her free dmg dealing without any risk (http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...f-for-Wormhole)

My solutions (there are buffs and nerfs too):
    -Decrease Flicker's heal from 75/lvl to 60/lvl
    -Howling Gale rework: Heals 100/lvl when Ice Block ends.
    -Ice Block gives 25% reduced damage for 2s after ends. (This increases the Reprives Talent's power too)
    -Decrease Ice Block's and Soar's cd by 2s
    -Wormhole solution no1: Give 1s cd to Wormhole's blink-back
    -Wormhole solution no2 (rework): Wormhole decreases the Blink's cd by 1s (to 3s) and Blink has got 2 charges. This have got more using potencial than to original because you can teleport back to other places too after the 1st Blink. You also have to aim with the 2nd teleport too, what makes this talent harder to use.
    -Over The Moon: Gives 30% (or 35%) dmg bonus for 2s instead of the current 20% bonus for 3s. (she could kill sups with 2 shots)
    -Snow Globe: Ulti has no duration reducing and reduce the power cost from 60% to 50%. (she also could summon two storms at the same time to control a bigger area)

I've created a new Talent idea for her too, you check this here: http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...-Talents-ideas

EDITED: Blink cd nerf withdrawn, many supplement added
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 06-20-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Nerfing Blink's cd and buffing Soar and Iceblock's cd is not really a good solution it would just make her worse all around since blink is her primary form of movement while Soar is meant to reposition or escape, reducing Iceblock's cd won't really change anything either.

Flicker is her only real form of self sustain, she has no other loudout cards that heal her and her base kit doesn't have self healing either, thats why its used so much, a suggestion I had was to make Iceblock burst heal her for 500 or something and then nerf flicker.

No addition of blink-back's please, that would just cause even more issues than she already has with blink.

The wormhole rework would pretty much just not change anything, it would still be her best card and doesn't change the fact her other talents suck or are too hard to get consistent results with. (Even though its a nice idea.)

Not to be rude or anything but, right now Evie is fine, she isn't really used all that much due to her having counters that are popular and she requires a lot of skill to play with properly, I'd like to see changes to other flanks who are either useless or broken before having her changed anymore, she is on a good spot after a while.

Cheers.

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    oh god how many ppl like you are out there I know everyone has to say their opinion without being insulted or else and I'm a kinda rude person about Evie's topic if there was anything harm in my post to you then I'm sry about it

you see Evie's balance topic is pretty huge and hard idk which rank u play and what kind of style or do u even play evie at all?
    evie is kinda different in every tier and rank she is playable changes you made will kill her in high rank at least more than diamond V

flicker card is only OP (according she only has 1800 hp is not that op against zhin who can heal 100% his 2k hp idk what is wrong with u guys 750 heal is OP but 2K not ?) only if you use WORMHOLE reduce the value will kill one of her good cards if u don't use WH.

so u just have to nerf Flicker a way we use WH, giving COLD DOWN to that card and this topic will fix and only 4 or 2 we want to pervert her huge WH to heal she isnt kinnesa that some ppl tell me the cooldown should be 10 seconds. that's insane

so the flicker issue solve it

and NO JUST NO stop thinking about giving blink more cold down 4 is normal 5
    just remove the 1CD Reduce from WH and that will be fine

and what are you even talking about? there are some cards that will reset soar's cd its called frost killing if someone going to play OTM then they will go for 100% value your -2s ice block and soar is nothing at all

she has 3 cards to reduce her active cooldowns and Chronos items is good for her your buff idea is nothing but waste.

some people think they can change WH cuz its OP. NO U CANT WH is one of oldest talents it was normal before and now its only good in good hands. just make it back to normal and everything will be okay
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    'her other talents suck' & 'right now Evie is fine' in the same comment is just realy wierd. A one-talent champ is not fine. The cd reduces could help to her other two Talents what are based on these skills.
    The Blink cd nerf could solve her insane self healing by flicker, and Wormhole's overpower too.
    The Ice Block burst heal could be a solution too, but this time she woulden't use this for defending anymore, and even makes her Reprieve talent useless.
    We agree about Flicker is OP and she needs some more self-healer cards too. This next idea could solve this problem and contains your idea too:
    Howling Gale rework: Heals 100HP/lvl when Ice Block activates.

Cheers.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    what she rly need is (according to what evie haters and evie mains want)

- bugs fix

- remove 1 second reduce from WH
    - give flicker card 4 - 2 second colddown

- buff other talents and rework the bullshit globe
    - if evie dont use second blink on wormhole the blink CD reset

- lag thing that @valkure will talk about it for sure.
    - and about "evie is fine" that @eloxist just said and other ppl believe she is counterable
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    'her other talents suck' & 'right now Evie is fine' in the same comment is just realy wierd. A one-talent champ is not fine. The cd reduces could help to her other two Talents what are based on these skills.
    The Blink cd nerf could solve her insane self healing by flicker, and Wormhole's overpower too.
    The Ice Block burst heal could be a solution too, but this time she woulden't use this for defending anymore, and even makes her Reprieve talent useless.
    We agree about Flicker is OP and she needs some more self-healer cards too. This next idea could solve this problem and contains your idea too:
    Howling Gale rework: Heals 100HP/lvl when Ice Block activates.

Cheers.
    reprieve talent is wheel learning every evie main or evie starter will play with this talent. its just need to have 500 or 450 value.

over the moon was good before the unbound nerf. I only and only and only played over the moon during the OB64 curse

the only thing that over the moon give to evie was u only need to double hit to your targets after nerf OTM kinda do nothing

ice globe was always useless like old nightshade and other new talents. but its still one of stupid talents in the game

noob Evie's like before lvl 20 play reprieve.
    OTM was good but some changes make it into the trashcan
    ice globe was shit from start

WH is the only talent FOR good evie players that's why she is fine about WH

but the mistake some of you ppl do is buffing other talents in wrong WAY and nerfing or killing WH.
    that's why I disagree

and just like I said we are going to first page NO YOUR BLINK INCREASE CD won't SOLVE FLICKER PROBLEM
    NO, YOUR FLICKER VALUE NERF won't SOLVE THE PROBLEM WHY?

CUZ U KILLING HER BEST SKILL AND HER BEST CARD WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I DONT WANT USE WH?
    your nerfing idea might fix her in ONLY AND ONLY WH play style but think about those ppl who use reprieve ? or OTM?

u need to gain some experience about her.
    evie's problem is not look like street justice Maeve or ZHIN
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Level
    Achievements:
    Other champs' cards with higher cd than Blink's gives 50HP/use, but Evie's very low cd card gives 50% more heals. It is OP without WH too. With WH it is insane OP. OP cards have to be nerfed, because of the balance.
    Zhin's heal is almost useless, because his basic self reganeration is starts during the Bollow without the talent. This is why his 2000 heal isn't OP, but Evie's burst heal is.
    Her other Talen't certainly needs some love, what can be many whys not only as my proposals. But these could solve her rarely skills and help to 2 Talents too a little.

Reprieve with 450Heal/s could be fine.
    OTM's 20% dmg bonus is low, with 30% bonus she could 2 shot kill many healers (with 2210 dmg). This time we should also reduce the duration of the dmg bonus from 3s to 2s.
    The Globe is realy bad, I could withdraw ulti's duration reducing and reduce the power cost from 60% to 50%.

And do not judge my Evie experiences, this is my secondary acc: http://paladins.guru/profile/pc/gyilkosviking
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 06-19-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Issues:
    -Wormhole is her only viable talent
    -She is just Blink oriented, while she has got other very creative skills too
    -Flicker card's heal is too much
    -Soar is just too rarely without the Killing Frost card, what is too important for her
    -Wormhole's quick back blink gives her free dmg dealing without any risk (http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...f-for-Wormhole)

My solutions (there are buffs and nerfs too):
    -Decrease Flicker's heal from 75/lvl to 50/lvl
    -Increase Blink's cd by 1s
    -Decrease Ice Block's and Soar's cd by 2s
    -Wormhole solution no1: Give 1s cd to Wormhole's blink-back
    -Wormhole solution no2 (rework): Wormhole decreases the Blink's cd by 2s (to 3s) and Blink has got 2 charges. This have got more using potencial than to original because you can teleport back to other places too after the 1st Blink. You also have to aim with the 2nd teleport too, what makes this talent harder to use.

I've created a new Talent idea for her too, you check this here: http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...-Talents-ideas
    -Wormhole has a terrible drawback. People choosing wormhole mostly cuz other talents are very weak. Wormhole is relatively better compared to other talents.
    -No idea what you talking about. A decent Evie player will use her all skills. Blink is used more often cuz it has the lowest cooldown.
    -Flickers heal is not much. Also CAUTERIZE. You guys need to stop acting like this item does not exist.
    -No idea what you talking about. Soar is rare ? Soar is an amazing skill. Opens flanking and escape paths to Evie even other flankers can't follow. It is good for moving positioning and escaping. Well not so good for escaping after the nerfs it got.
    -Another non-sense. So Evie blinks, shoots once, blinks back, wait 3 seconds and repeats ? If she does that she will deal 850 damage every 3 seconds. Not so impressive.

Your solutions are not good at all. (mostly)
    -Flicker does not requires a nerf. It can be easily countered.
    -Increasing blink's cooldown will just kill Evie.
    -Reducing cooldown of iceblock would be fair if we compare it to billow and magic barrier. Soar can be used more often would be nice.
    -Solution1: Totally unnecessary and will achieve nothing.
    Solution2: Evie can blink three times in a row ? And Blink has only 3 seconds cooldown ? Sounds OP to me. Bad idea.

Level
    Achievements:
    I see, you didnt understand things. She shouldent w8 3s with the reworked WH, because it has got charges.
    In your opinion there are absolutly no op heal, because of caut. Lol. I wrote in a previous comment why is Flicker op.
    Jenos' heal have been nerfed from 250 per sec to 220 per sec. 'Why? CAUTERIZE???' This isn't an answer.
    Now she can do 2 blink in every 4 sec. This is a blink per every 2 sec in average. The second even doesent needs any aim. In my proposal this ahould be 3s not 2, and have to turn around and aim with Blink again. If you think this is op, than WH is much more OP.
    Yes, she uses other skills too, but Blink more bec of the lower cd. But I think she could Blink less, and use other skills a little more often. This is my subjective opinion. Maybe Ice Block needs some buff, I dont deny this.
    But Blink nerf couldent kill her: she can move in other way, she have 2 legs.
    I also agree about other Talents are just weak, I wrote some buff proposal for them in my previous comment.

Level
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    i personally really like the wormhole rework idea
    it lets her use blink as out of combat mobility more rather than for combat exclusively

i do think flicker requires some sort of nerf since it gives her more sustain than tanks have but don't think 75 -> 50 is a good solution, might take a little bit of tweaking
    Top Damage on Makoa: 160k
    Top Eliminations on Makoa: 71
    Top Healing on Makoa: HIREZ LET MAKOA HEALLLLLLL
    Top Objective Time on Makoa: Who gives a fuck

IGN: PlushyMakoaWaifu
    A MAKOA MAIN
    Level 73/507 games/110 hours
    58% winrate/2.46 KDA

Makoa + Damba Guides
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...584#post502584

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...660#post550660