View Poll Results: Is Jenos' Grip a Problem?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's like getting -removed- by Darth Vader.

2 10.53%
  • No, you just don't know how to play around him.

17 89.47%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Jenos is... Interesting.

Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexecute View Post
    Actually, Joccasela is correct. Void Grip briefly applies cripple on cast, allowing it to cancel movement abilities, regardless of whether Jenos is using The Power Cosmeum.

The Paladins wiki lacks a great deal of info, unfortunately.
    If you are using a movement abilities and caught by void grip, that's really not Jenos' fault. You simply got outplay

If you are talking about the lifting animation, again Jenos can't shoot at the victim. He needs another guy to shoot at his target. The target however is free to shoot at Jenos as he move really slow during the animation. I personally killed several Jenoses who tried void gripping on low health.

Again, if a flanker duel Jenos 1 on 1, Jenos has no other skill to help him escape other than void grip, he is weak enough.

All this ruckus is about a flank main complained about losing 2v1 situation as if flank is not the strongest class and support not the weakest class.
    Last edited by GaoShun; 06-21-2018 at 11:30 PM.
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    This kind of thread still exist? Sometimes i'm confused by this kind of thread, like what is exactly you want then? Thread about the OP champ like fussilade drogoz, annoying zhin, burst cassie, cancer lex, street justice maeve is understandable. But you still want nerf on some mediocre champ? Sure jenos picked every single time in PPL, but that's only because the other supports is not in the solo support meta except damba (idk about Seris). Oh i'm not saying other supports is useless, you can still work it out all supports to solo supports.

And yeah let's talk about Jenos when you have play him like couple of dozen times because you are so good, so smart that you can know the good and bad of every champ just by playing it 20 times. *clap clap clap*
    Remember why we play a game..

Is to have FUN

BUFF SEA SERVER, DAMMIT!

Inviting to those who want to be a part of the community in Paladins SEA community in Discord so that we can play some custom games to improve our play! https://discord.gg/H7y75mg

Beta Player Marquess
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GaoShun View Post
    If you are using a movement abilities and caught by void grip, that's really not Jenos' fault. You simply got outpla-
    Stop right there.

I'm not arguing anything. Don't act like I am.

Level
    Achievements:
    Stop right there.

I'm not arguing anything. Don't act like I am.
    I just want to know what do you mean by your comment. Cause you were the one claiming void grip cripples for a brief period even without power cosmeum.

the rest of my post is more to OP, who with great rejuvenation, love your comment.
    Last edited by GaoShun; 06-22-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Joccasela View Post
    Thank you! Someone actually understood what i am trying to say. Jenos can cancel movement skills and it can be only be countered by a few champions.
    Jenos wastes one of his skill to make an enemy wastes one of this skill. It is perfectly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRick1996 View Post
    I like how this joccasella ignored everything ive said
    I understand better now
    This is a common attitude in EVERY supports thread. That's why I am answering less. There's no way to discuss, when they simply ignore whatever you say and keep repeating the same 3 already-countered things (which are wrong, on top of that).

All this ruckus is about a flank main complained about losing 2v1 situation as if flank is not the strongest class and support not the weakest class.
    That is, like in 90% of balance section threads... :-/
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    You can snatch Evie or Andro or Maeve out of sky. And you call that wasting ? Oh i also forgot to mention this skill can pass through shields.
    Auto aim
    Ranged
    Low cooldown
    Cancels movement skills and doesn't requires a talent for that.
    Easy to use
    Instant effect
    Pass through shields
    Can only be countered by CC immunity. No resilience does not help. Resilience does not BLOCK CC effects. Void grip will still cancel movement skill even if you have Resilience.

And you guys still claim this skill is not OP.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Then Evie press Q or RMB. Andro press F, Maeve space bar or Q and they're done. Or they don't even need to bother, they could press LMB and kill Jenos while airborne, with even a better point of view to kill him!
    I still suggest you to play a lot of Jenos, so you will see with your own eyes how bad void grip is.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Beta Player Marquess
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    I just want to know what do you mean by your comment. Cause you were the one claiming void grip cripples for a brief period even without power cosmeum.
    Yes, Void Grip briefly cripples on cast, regardless of whether Jenos is using The Power Cosmeum.

There is no hidden meaning to the post. All I did was correct misinformation.

'claiming' - You don't believe me?
    Last edited by Nexecute; 06-22-2018 at 07:05 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ArChie24 View Post
    This kind of thread still exist? Sometimes i'm confused by this kind of thread, like what is exactly you want then? Thread about the OP champ like fussilade drogoz, annoying zhin, burst cassie, cancer lex, street justice maeve is understandable. But you still want nerf on some mediocre champ? Sure jenos picked every single time in PPL, but that's only because the other supports is not in the solo support meta except damba (idk about Seris). Oh i'm not saying other supports is useless, you can still work it out all supports to solo supports.

And yeah let's talk about Jenos when you have play him like couple of dozen times because you are so good, so smart that you can know the good and bad of every champ just by playing it 20 times. *clap clap clap*
    Actually the maker of this post have already taken suggestion and voiced out his own opinion and suggestions too. He is quite reasonable

The reason this post is on going, is because of the other person. Who is deliberately ignoring my posts. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Joccasela View Post
    You can snatch Evie or Andro or Maeve out of sky. And you call that wasting ? Oh i also forgot to mention this skill can pass through shields.
    Auto aim
    Ranged
    Low cooldown
    Cancels movement skills and doesn't requires a talent for that.
    Easy to use
    Instant effect
    Pass through shields
    Can only be countered by CC immunity. No resilience does not help. Resilience does not BLOCK CC effects. Void grip will still cancel movement skill even if you have Resilience.

And you guys still claim this skill is not OP.
    Im gonna stop arguing with you. This discussion will never end

Actually he just means how void grip cancels the movement skill on its duration. Im not sure it can be said that void grip applies an instant cripple upon application. But as far as I know, only stuns, fear, and cripple are the CC effects capable of canceling a channeled movement skill. It has to be one of those unless theres a secret CC we dont know of
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

I MAIN FRONTLINES
    Im good with:
    Frontlines: Ash, Fernando, Terminus, Torvald, Khan, Inara
    Support: Mal'damba, Jenos, Seris, Pip
    Damage: Viktor, Sha lin, Cassie, Lian, Willo, Tyra
    Flank: Maeve

IGN: IamRick
    Current Rank: Platinum V

LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!

Level
    Achievements:
    Yes, Void Grip briefly cripples on cast, regardless of whether Jenos is using The Power Cosmeum.

There is no hidden meaning to the post. All I did was correct misinformation.

'claiming' - You don't believe me?
    oh okay, now I understand what you mean.