View Poll Results: Is Jenos' Grip a Problem?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's like getting -removed- by Darth Vader.

2 10.53%
  • No, you just don't know how to play around him.

17 89.47%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Jenos is... Interesting.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanomachines View Post
    1 v 1's aren't the problem -- any remotely competent Jenos player is going to play with the team
    Any remotely competent Jenos player already knows that 99% of times, the team simply ignores him and he's just a free kill for flankers. Please, be real.

Seriously, this thread seems to me the usual "I got killed once in my whole life than a player better than me, but since that player was using a support, I can't help but asking for the millionth nerf on them".
    Jenos is pathetic, right now. After 59 levels with him, I am not picking him anymore, for he's simply helpless. Stop asking ridiculous nerf, improve your game play, instead. Pick Jenos as pure healer for a month or two, so you'll learn how to counter him.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    It is amazing how you guys keep missing the point deliberately to keep defending this OP skill.

It is an AUTO AIM skill and it is INSTANT (not a projectile). Means:
    -You CAN'T avoid or evade it.
    -Requires no skill to use.

Grover's "Crippling Throw":
    -Requires aiming and skill
    -It is a projectile that can be avoided or evaded
    -Requires Deep Roots talent to cancel movement skill.

Seris Rend Soul
    -First you need to put a charge on target with Soul orb Which requires aiming also a projectile that can be avoided and evaded.
    -Requires Agony talent to cancel movement skills

Mal'Damba's Snake:
    -It is a projectile that can be avoided and evaded.

Pip:
    As i know know he can't stun and cripple. He can turn people into chickens with his ulti which requires aiming and skill. Pip has no place in this discussion.

And Jenos Void Grip:
    -It is instant. Can't be evaded.
    -Auto aim. No skill required to use.
    -Requires no talents to cancel movement skills.

Also a few champions can counter that skill. Flanker can't do anything to counter it. But not only useful against flankers Jenos can grab Makao using shell spin or Terminus using shatterfall. Heck He can even delay Ash's Ulti with void grip. And only trade of this skill is Jenos can't attack. But Jenos can still move and hide as long as he is not out of range.

Long story short, Jenos can cancel any movement skill easily with no effort. Therefore 12 seconds cooldown is too short for this skill. It should be at least 15 seconds.

Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    And Jenos Void Grip:
    Yeah false.
    I am just gonna leave this here
    https://paladins.gamepedia.com/Jenos

Void Grip

Channel gravitational energy and lift an enemy up, dealing up to 360 damage over 2.5s. If the victim manages to move while lifted it will interrupt Void Grip.

Ability Placeholder Q Cooldown 12 sec

Talents
    The Power Cosmeum
    Enemies affected by Void Grip are crippled and take an additional 360 damage over its duration.
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Beta Player Marquess
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Was it really intentional that Void Grip completely shut down certain champs until Resilience 3? Skye and Lex - they're screwed. Even after Resilience 3, it retains the power to cancel movement abilities, which is particularly useful against Androxus.

I won't argue that it's OP, but it feels cheap. Void Grip makes me appreciate Dredge Anchor since that can at least be dodged.
    Last edited by Nexecute; 06-21-2018 at 06:08 AM.

Beta Player Marquess
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GaoShun View Post
    Yeah false.
    I am just gonna leave this here
    https://paladins.gamepedia.com/Jenos

Void Grip

Channel gravitational energy and lift an enemy up, dealing up to 360 damage over 2.5s. If the victim manages to move while lifted it will interrupt Void Grip.

Ability Placeholder Q Cooldown 12 sec

Talents
    The Power Cosmeum
    Enemies affected by Void Grip are crippled and take an additional 360 damage over its duration.
    Actually, Joccasela is correct. Void Grip briefly applies cripple on cast, allowing it to cancel movement abilities, regardless of whether Jenos is using The Power Cosmeum.

The Paladins wiki lacks a great deal of info, unfortunately.

Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Joccasela View Post

Seris Rend Soul
    -First you need to put a charge on target with Soul orb Which requires aiming also a projectile that can be avoided and evaded.

Mal'Damba's Snake:

And Jenos Void Grip:
    EDIT: NOTE THAT EVERYTHING I DID NOT CONTRADICT. I AGREE WITH IT

You forgot this:

-Cannot shoot while using void grip
    -Cannot heal while using void grip
    - In fact cannot use any other skill while using void grip
    -Has one of the highest cooldown
    -Has a limited range.
    -Requires LoS
    -Cooldown can only be reduced by chronos or falling star card

You want comparison? Sure.

But first. Grover crippling throw CAN cancel movement skills. Its crippling cc effect is part of his base kit. Deep roots, adds an additional root CC effect to the enemy hit by it.
    Also, Jenos does not automatically cancels movement skills. It can cancel. Yes. But only if the enemy is currently using their movement skill. Thats the time void grip cancels movement skills

Now lets compare
    Grover crippling throw
    -Has a 7 second cooldown. Can be used over longer ranges albeit it is harder to do because its a projectile
    [indent]-can be reduced by a maximum of 3 seconds. Which means you can have it every 4 seconds. Even less if you have the cooldown reduc through elim card.
    -can also cancel movement skills

Agony seris rend soul:
    -As long as those 4 charges is present, rend soul aka stun, can be applied without LoS
    -Rend soul has a 10 second cooldown. Which can be reduced by a max of 2.5 sec. or by chronos
    -more than one target can be affected by it. Unlike all other CC skills mentioned in this post

Damba snek
    -CAN BE FUCKING SPAMMED by reducing reload speed of course
    -Reload speed has a base of 2 seconds. Which can be reduced by either snake pit or deft hands. Through max snake pit, reload speed is now at 1.5 sec. at max deft, reload speed is now at 0.8 sec.
    -requires LoS
    Last edited by IamRick1996; 06-21-2018 at 06:57 AM.
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

I MAIN FRONTLINES
    Im good with:
    Frontlines: Ash, Fernando, Terminus, Torvald, Khan, Inara
    Support: Mal'damba, Jenos, Seris, Pip
    Damage: Viktor, Sha lin, Cassie, Lian, Willo, Tyra
    Flank: Maeve

IGN: IamRick
    Current Rank: Platinum V

LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!

Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    It is amazing how you guys keep missing the point deliberately to keep defending this OP skill.

It is an AUTO AIM skill and it is INSTANT (not a projectile). Means:
    -You CAN'T avoid or evade it.
    -Requires no skill to use.

Seris Rend Soul

Mal'Damba's Snake:

Pip:
    As i know know he can't stun and cripple. He can turn people into chickens with his ulti which requires aiming and skill. Pip has no place in this discussion.

And Jenos Void Grip:

Also a few champions can counter that skill. Flanker can't do anything to counter it. But not only useful against flankers Jenos can grab Makao using shell spin or Terminus using shatterfall. Heck He can even delay Ash's Ulti with void grip. And only trade of this skill is Jenos can't attack. But Jenos can still move and hide as long as he is not out of range.

Long story short, Jenos can cancel any movement skill easily with no effort. Therefore 12 seconds cooldown is too short for this skill. It should be at least 15 seconds.
    Pip's in the conversation because his Explosive Flask causes Slow. It's not a full cripple but it can definitely make it easier to escape or to kill a target.

None of this changes what has already been said multiple times. Don't dive him with your movement skill and you'll have it available to escape if he grips you. And while, yes, it will still cancel a movement skill at Resilience 3 (see previous sentence) the hold is so brief it might as well be a jump. So long as you're not using a movement skill in range of him while he's got Void Grip available he'll barely slow you at all. Resilience 3 almost completely nullifies it.

You keep repeating yourself as if these points mean anything. They really don't. Jenos can do nothing but walk away while you're gripped. You can shoot him and use skills. Unless his teammates help him the best he can do is get around a corner so you can't shoot him anymore and then use Stellar Wind once the Void Grip ends. Unless you've dived into a group he's no threat to you. With Resilience 2-3 he won't even escape (and maybe not even without Resilience).

As you have admitted yourself, this is a support skill. It is largely useless without team assistance. A skill that is useless without another team member helping is certainly not OP. If he's giving you so much trouble it is most likely that you are simply over extending and putting yourself in untenable situations. Check the poll, nobody agrees with you. Maybe there's a reason for that.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexecute View Post
    Actually, Joccasela is correct. Void Grip briefly applies cripple on cast, allowing it to cancel movement abilities, regardless of whether Jenos is using The Power Cosmeum.

The Paladins wiki lacks a great deal of info, unfortunately.
    Thank you! Someone actually understood what i am trying to say. Jenos can cancel movement skills and it can be only be countered by a few champions.

Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Thank you! Someone actually understood what i am trying to say. Jenos can cancel movement skills and it can be only be countered by a few champions.
    Yes, and you know he can do it, so don't use your movement skill near a Jenos unless it's to escape his grip. What's complicated about that?

Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    I like how this joccasella ignored everything ive said

I understand better now
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

I MAIN FRONTLINES
    Im good with:
    Frontlines: Ash, Fernando, Terminus, Torvald, Khan, Inara
    Support: Mal'damba, Jenos, Seris, Pip
    Damage: Viktor, Sha lin, Cassie, Lian, Willo, Tyra
    Flank: Maeve

IGN: IamRick
    Current Rank: Platinum V

LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!