Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lex

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points

Lex

I’d like to say a few things about Lex. I’m sure some of you will agree or disagree with my assessment and statements but I’m not posting this to get you to agree or disagree with me, I consider myself somewhat of a Paladins connoisseur but I’m not here to flaunt that opinion or show off random facts, this is just my opinion and I want to state it.
    First of all I have nothing against the new Lex. Sure he’s not my ideal Lex but he’s not horrible. That said I do prefer the old Lex to the new one and I want him back. It’s just a personal preference but I miss the old unique, satisfying magnums. I miss the old Heroism. Lex feels shallower now, whenever I’m in a 1v1 it feels like a “who can click faster” battle than a battle of aim. Yes I think old Lex needed more aim than the new Lex, and if he didn’t he certainly punished bad aim a lot more. The rework did little in my opinion to change Lex in the nerf/buff apartment, if that was Hi-Rez’s plan, or if the plan was to add a different identity to the champion, they certainly did that, but they erased the identity of the old Lex that I know a lot of us loved. When he hit somebody, you knew it, but now it feels more like flicking pebbles than shooting crystal-powered, justice-bringing magnums. Aesthetically I feel like old Lex offered more, the slow firing really showed off his weapons rather than blurring them together with new Lex’s spam firing animation. But most importantly, and I may have mentioned this earlier, it just doesn’t feel like Lex, the identity is gone completely. These are just one man’s words but I hope someone finds some sense in them.
    But hey this is still just my opinion. If you don’t share it that’s fine, but please don’t be rude about it (if I wanted to be yelled at I’d take driver’s ed again).

P.S. I wasn't sure if this is the right forum to post on, I didn't want to post on balance changes because this isn't balancing Lex (I think both Lex's are pretty similar when it comes to stats) it's more of a rework suggestion. If this is the wrong forum just let me know

Remember guys, don't be salty, keep it clean, and have fun!

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Oh shit your back I haven't seen you in a while also you should have posted this in General Discussion if you are just giving your opinions and how you feel of the new Lex and want people to respond.

Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Everything you said is right, old lex was the best, and what do we have now? A braindead cancer champion with insanse movement speed (loadout) and semi automatic magnums that you can only spam and spray in random directions, also you are going aggressively and you are instantly dead. This new lex is nothing more that a scrub you arent doing anything with him you are just rushing like a maniac and you are spamming with that fast fire rate... Before he was just slowly firing, he wasnt cancer, he required alot of skills to aim, and right now he is worse than hell. Seriously no one asked for rework on androxus and lex, they were fine and best flankers before, no one asked for semi automatic bullshit. I still dont know and i will never know why they reworked them, its unexplainable.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingasce View Post
    Oh shit your back I haven't seen you in a while also you should have posted this in General Discussion if you are just giving your opinions and how you feel of the new Lex and want people to respond.
    I'm not sure if you're happy or not but yes I'm back
    Also thanks, if I need to I'll move this to general discussion, I thought it would be ok here since it's gameplay feedback.
    Have a nice day!
    We all could learn to laugh at ourselves more instead of getting angry

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NoScopeZone View Post
    Everything you said is right, old lex was the best, and what do we have now? A braindead cancer champion with insanse movement speed (loadout) and semi automatic magnums that you can only spam and spray in random directions, also you are going aggressively and you are instantly dead. This new lex is nothing more that a scrub you arent doing anything with him you are just rushing like a maniac and you are spamming with that fast fire rate... Before he was just slowly firing, he wasnt cancer, he required alot of skills to aim, and right now he is worse than hell. Seriously no one asked for rework on androxus and lex, they were fine and best flankers before, no one asked for semi automatic bullshit. I still dont know and i will never know why they reworked them, its unexplainable.
    Precisely, I wouldn't say cancer but he is a bit annoying if played certain ways.
    We all could learn to laugh at ourselves more instead of getting angry

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBlackgat View Post
    I'm not sure if you're happy or not but yes I'm back
    Also thanks, if I need to I'll move this to general discussion, I thought it would be ok here since it's gameplay feedback.
    Have a nice day!
    If it's gameplay feed back than post it in the Gameplay feedback Thread it's right above this one. This is the balance thread. Also I'm indifferent to whether or not you would come back I had no real problems with you ,but I remember you and some other people would always be arguing against each others when it came to balance and other things always entertaining to read.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingasce View Post
    He is giving feedback about a flank class champion, so the thread will be in Balance Feedback -> Flank. That's not really going to change.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!

Level
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Old flankers are better than these new ones. Old Evie, Old Andro, Old Lex, Old Buck.... now they are just braindead pew pew champions

Lex feels shallower now, whenever I’m in a 1v1 it feels like a “who can click faster” battle than a battle of aim.
    100% spot on
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GaoShun View Post
    Old flankers are better than these new ones. Old Evie, Old Andro, Old Lex, Old Buck.... now they are just braindead pew pew champions

100% spot on
    i 100% agree dude... Right now we have only 0 skills champions and cancers, remember old andro old lex old buck? Good mobillity for andro also for buck and now we have semi automatic androxus (you are only spamming nothing else and ends up dying) we have braindead lex champion with 100% movement speed loadout and semi automatic, and we have buck with OP legendary called "Bulk up" whenever you are going 1v1 with him when you are about to kill him he will click his "Q" and his hp will be full again, that's not balanced right? No one wanted rework on androxus and lex no one asked for it somehow hi rez added and reworked them into semi automatic scrubs for no reason, they were fine and they were the best flankers in the past, it wasnt necessary. And why they changed his old dalk stalker legendary? It wasnt OP, it was balanced it had good mobility, 3 seperate dashes... Now its useless along with androxus and lex.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2
    only aimbot lex is op. regular lex is just a shaky recoil mess