Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost the will to play Paladins

Lost the will to play Paladins

Hey guys,

I've been feeling a bit down with Paladins lately. i loved the game and played from around October until now, and have achieved rank Gold 4(I know i'm a noob), just a week or two ago. But although this achievement for me has happened, i suddenly completely lost the will to play Paladins. I really loved the game up until now, and would play it as long as i could.

Now i started going back to watching anime and youtube and etc because i feel like Paladins is not fun for me anymore.

From Oct up intul now i played at least a few hours every day, and more if i didn't have any work or something like that. It was my go to hobby since it has been cold outside during the time i started playing.
    I paid up to around 85 euro's on skins, crystals, and etc because i thought Hi-Rez deserved it since they need money(i think) and they made a game which i just enjoyed THAT much.

Could anyone give me some advice, or does anyone have experience with this..? If so, please reply or tell me what i can do. I'd find it a real shame if i can't play it anymore because of a sudden switch in my mind.

I think it might be because of Furia, me thinking she is kinda OP(in my opinion, i ofc accept others opinions as well so please don't argue about this), and every time i faced her as a flanker i've lost(kinda a flank/support main here).

Should i maybe wait until Furia gets balanced/nerfed/buffed/whatever and then come back to see if i enjoy it more..?

Should i just play other games until my feelings for Paladins come back..?

Or should i just quit..?

This is not meant to be an attention-wh*re kind of post, so i apologies if it looks like that.
    I'm genuinely looking for advice.
    I don't wanna go play Overwatch where one half of the player base is toxic, and the other half is half my age.

Well, thanks everyone for reading it.

Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Feel yourself lucky. You should certainly quite. Start doing sports(more)/practicing playing musical instruments/drawing, gaming is a bad hobby actually. Paladins is an unfinished game(release changes nothing), but developers try to get as much as possible from this game, by charging players with ridiculous prices(events and voicepacks for example), you will have to waste much money to keep enjoying Paladins. Maybe one day Hi-Rez will fix gamebreaking bugs, matchmaking, currency system, monetization, balance... ...,but it is an another story.
    So take a break at least.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RedEyedAlex View Post
    I think it might be because of Furia, me thinking she is kinda OP(in my opinion, i ofc accept others opinions as well so please don't argue about this), and every time i faced her as a flanker i've lost(kinda a flank/support main here).
    This does make sense: you came to play in October, when things were already going wrong. It is not Furia OP, is other supports being UP and some flankers who are quite broken at the moment, so, the first time you (used to UP supports) have to face a decent one, have found your "old" strategies not working.
    So, imho, I think you should see this not as a reason to go, but as a reason to raise your skill: first time, there's a support who is not a free kill. You surely can become a better player and improve. This should be your first reason to stay.

But in general, I think it's normal to have some periods of "dissatisfaction". It's summer, there are many funny things to do outside, which is the problem to enjoy the season and then come back in a couple of months? I would suggest you to keep playing at least half an hour a day, just to not lose muscle memory, but in general, don't be so concern with your will to play.
    It will come back, just be serene at it ;-)
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    So, imho, I think you should see this not as a reason to go, but as a reason to raise your skill
    You said it all.

Beta Player Baronet JojotheKing's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    OP champ =/= Git Gud

I feel you and you are right SARAH is totally OP she is already an S+ tier right now and she will surely get a nerf on damage and healing maybe this very next update.

My personal suggestion is to quit playing for now and wait for a nerf to her i am sorry thats the best thing you can do right now and that’s what i did when jenos came out because it’s best to not to feed a troll champion.

In my opinion it’s the Support class that is ruining the fun of this game i mean just look at their kits they have dmg,OP mobility,stun,auto aim,best ultimate,cc they have everything to counter any situation it takes out fun from other classes. I have less pressure when i play support they are easy to play and just need good coordination of team to work.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...l=1#post514545
    I don't even have to quote the post where you wrote that supports have OP mobility!

Please, stop spreading misinformation, especially with people with not much game experience.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#StopPlayingSupports
    Let them see how a game with shit-nerfed supports is.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Conrad_Max's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4
    Quote Originally Posted by RedEyedAlex View Post
    Should I just play other games until my feelings for Paladins come back..?
    When I see things like this I wonder to myself, "Do you actually only play/limit yourself to playing only one game?" Whether true or not, I don't know.

Personally, I play several games each night, with Paladins being one of them. I have some games that I only play weekly due to time constraints. Then I have one or two that I play about every two weeks. Finally, I sometimes choose not to play a game that night or week because of my work schedule, family interaction or I'm just too tired.

Suggestions regarding your problem: A) Experiment with different Champions, B) set a different goal that you would like to accomplish in the game, C) take a break for a while or D) go to the "extreme" - quit. There are many other choices that you can make. But if things are really that tough, you may want to talk with a friend or councillor. I hope it's not that extreme, but do take care of yourself.
    Last edited by Conrad_Max; 06-13-2018 at 09:45 AM.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Console login link: https://forumlogin.paladins.com/psn.aspx

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

"Thanks for your support!"

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    take a break man

flank burst damage are too OP at the moment. So boring to get killed without being able to turn around. Or fighting a Zhin twice before killing him (only noobs can't play Zhin)
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...l=1#post514545

Please, stop spreading misinformation, especially with people with not much game experience.
    That’s not a misinformation that’s my personal experience and OP also feeling the same as many new players have noted this thing.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GaoShun View Post
    take a break man

flank burst damage are too OP at the moment. So boring to get killed without being able to turn around. Or fighting a Zhin twice before killing him (only noobs can't play Zhin)
    I can only say this is not a zhin post so why don’t you stop your favourism & judgement