Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Competitive Bots & Trolls

Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyRuff View Post
    So if am queue for ranked and I tab out from full screen (which I heard is said to be fixed) and I didn't make it back in time to accept cause some irl came up, I get a 1 hour suspension from ranked?

Just curious.

Edit: What if I crashed during champ select?
    I'm not talking about deserting the queue, because that doesn't affect actual games. I'm saying if you're in a match and you leave (and don't reconnect or come back), then there should be harsher punishments and the game should be cancelled for the remaining players, so they don't have to waste time in a 4v5 match and lose TP.

And as for champion selection, I think it's fine how that works already. I mean maybe they could increase the TP loss if you keep ditching game lobbies a lot (to discourage players from intentionally leaving because they didn't get a specific champion or whatever).

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Genavelle View Post
    I'm not talking about deserting the queue, because that doesn't affect actual games. I'm saying if you're in a match and you leave (and don't reconnect or come back), then there should be harsher punishments and the game should be cancelled for the remaining players, so they don't have to waste time in a 4v5 match and lose TP.

And as for champion selection, I think it's fine how that works already. I mean maybe they could increase the TP loss if you keep ditching game lobbies a lot (to discourage players from intentionally leaving because they didn't get a specific champion or whatever).
    What if he lost connection in last minute of match? He won't have time to reconnect.
    Support the Resistance for the Good of The Realm!!

If you want to make sure that THE MAGISTRATE ARE BAD
    click HERE

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by mina16 View Post
    What if he lost connection in last minute of match? He won't have time to reconnect.
    Well then use your common sense, Jesus christ. If you're given say, 3 minutes to reconnect when your game crashes...but the match ends before that 3 minutes, then obviously the game isn't going to be cancelled because it's already over. You can reconnect and log back in to see the scoreboard.

I didn't make this thread to be mean, I'm not trying to punish people for disconnecting. That's why I suggested you be given a reasonable amount of time (which can be determined by the devs who can look into how long it normally takes people to reconnect) to get back in the game if you crash. If you don't reconnect within that time, the match should be cancelled so that nobody is forced to play with a Bot for half a match in Competitive.
    Last edited by Wallachia; 06-14-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Beta Player Viscount FluffyRuff's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Agreed with everything (except increase tp loss).

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    How about we do this.

Make it cost gold to sign up for a ranked match.

You win? Great. You get TP. And you get a slice of the gold shared out to the winners. Base it on points or whatever.

You lose? You don't lose TP you just lose the gold you "wagered" to get into the fight.

Option 1: Each ranked game could cost more gold the higher the rank you are. That way if a diamond loses to a bronze those happy sounds you'll hear will be the bronze guys getting a real fistful of cash for the win.

Option 2: Each disconnect or afk will permanently increase the player's cost to pitch into a battle. Rage much? It'll cost ya more to play with the rest of us.

Option 3: At the end of each match everyone votes on the MVP (can't vote for self). That guy gets either an extra bump of TP or a more golden handshake. Or maybe better yet? He gets a halo on his next couple of bouts to show all he's king.

And bots shouldn't even play. Just adjust the TP win figures and the gold win to show it's being shared out among 4 instead of 5. Like give the reward its chance to tempt the remaining crew to put in a double effort because they'll each get a bigger share of the pie.

Option 1: For each missing player give all remaining players that guy's health as a bonus (maybe as a shield?) divvied up by % (so the tank would get the most and the flank the least). Don't allow a reconnect. Just move on.

Or allow a reconnect, but then take away the bonus once the player's back in the game.

Option 2: Instead of adding on health? Just give extra points to buy items. Then no reconnect.

Option 3: Freeze the game for a minute or 2 with a counter waiting for the reconnect. If it doesn't happen then go on and use one of the other options up above.

Trolls need a bit of work.

Maybe give each player a single ban marker they can use per day. (Or week?) If someone really deserves it they should be able to use the ban marker to stab another player out of the game for a set while. Maybe make it so the guy needs to get tagged with 5 in order to have to stay away from play for an hour. 10 will get him 2. 20 will get him shut down for the day. Only allies can lob these at the player.

Option 1: Make it like a duel. A player's so annoying that you get the option to challenge him to a duel. Where you kick him around the block while he has to watch the replay until his debt to mankind is repaid. <not serious> <still tempting tho>

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by JalkianValour View Post
    How about we do this.

Make it cost gold to sign up for a ranked match.

You win? Great. You get TP. And you get a slice of the gold shared out to the winners. Base it on points or whatever.

You lose? You don't lose TP you just lose the gold you "wagered" to get into the fight.

Option 1: Each ranked game could cost more gold the higher the rank you are. That way if a diamond loses to a bronze those happy sounds you'll hear will be the bronze guys getting a real fistful of cash for the win.

Option 2: Each disconnect or afk will permanently increase the player's cost to pitch into a battle. Rage much? It'll cost ya more to play with the rest of us.

Option 3: At the end of each match everyone votes on the MVP (can't vote for self). That guy gets either an extra bump of TP or a more golden handshake. Or maybe better yet? He gets a halo on his next couple of bouts to show all he's king.

And bots shouldn't even play. Just adjust the TP win figures and the gold win to show it's being shared out among 4 instead of 5. Like give the reward its chance to tempt the remaining crew to put in a double effort because they'll each get a bigger share of the pie.

Option 1: For each missing player give all remaining players that guy's health as a bonus (maybe as a shield?) divvied up by % (so the tank would get the most and the flank the least). Don't allow a reconnect. Just move on.

Or allow a reconnect, but then take away the bonus once the player's back in the game.

Option 2: Instead of adding on health? Just give extra points to buy items. Then no reconnect.

Option 3: Freeze the game for a minute or 2 with a counter waiting for the reconnect. If it doesn't happen then go on and use one of the other options up above.

Trolls need a bit of work.

Maybe give each player a single ban marker they can use per day. (Or week?) If someone really deserves it they should be able to use the ban marker to stab another player out of the game for a set while. Maybe make it so the guy needs to get tagged with 5 in order to have to stay away from play for an hour. 10 will get him 2. 20 will get him shut down for the day. Only allies can lob these at the player.

Option 1: Make it like a duel. A player's so annoying that you get the option to challenge him to a duel. Where you kick him around the block while he has to watch the replay until his debt to mankind is repaid. <not serious> <still tempting tho>
    Meh, I sort of like the idea that Comp matches could cost gold. It would theoretically be a good way to keep super new players out of Comp until they have more experience, and create a new use for gold. But at the same time, anyone who's been playing for a while probably has over a million gold right now, and it can be used for almost nothing, so it's not really very valuable (so trolls may not mind wasting it).

I don't like the MVP thing, it's unnecessary and subject to bias. All the other ideas are just overly complicated as well. And I would not want an idea that forces you to play 4v5 with no bot, because someone left. As I've suggested, if someone leaves a Comp match, give them a few minutes to reconnect, and if they fail to do so, cancel the match. Nobody should have to lose TP and ranking because they were in an unfair match.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points
    +1 from me

Those who wanna love FPS can't enjoy ranked games.
    -> Play other games.
    -> Less players / less motivation (those still playing).
    -> Less $$$ spent in game.
    You do know that.

The ranked game system really needs to be fixed :/