Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Competitive Bots & Trolls

Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Competitive Bots & Trolls

There really needs to be a much better system in place for dealing with bots and rulebreakers in Competitive. Because this is such a team-dependent game, having even 1 person on your team as a bot or troll will almost always cause you to lose, assuming both teams are evenly skilled. And in Competitive, losing a match has consequences. But the problem here is that 1 careless player causes 4 other determined players to face those consequences, regardless of how hard they tried in the match.

Bots:

Competitive should not even allow bots for a prolonged amount of time. Give players enough time to reconnect if their game crashed, (a certain number of minutes), and if the player fails to reconnect in that time, then the match should be cancelled with no TP given or lost (except for the player who ditched).

Players who desert games in Competitive should be given harsher Deserter penalties, as well. And maybe this could even be something like 5 minute Deserter AND 1 hour Comp Deserter. So on your first Competitive deserter penalty, it's 5 minutes until you can queue for casual, and an hour before you can queue for Competitive. Plus the TP loss. And the TP loss should be increased each time a player deserts a Competitive match (maybe let it reset if you go 7 days with no deserter).

Rulebreakers and Trolls:

First of all, we need a more efficient report process. Seeing players throw matches multiple times because they have not been banned, is just ridiculous.

Secondly, when a player is reported, and later found to be guilty of breaking rules...If their behavior caused a Competitive loss, then their teammates should be retroactively refunded the TP that was lost because of this player.

And there must be stricter punishments for rulebreaking and feeding in Competitive. Again, there could even be Competitive-specific penalties...like if someone broke a rule in Competitive, they could have a 1 day overall suspension, and a 3 day Competitive suspension, where they are allowed to queue for any mode except competitive. Increase punishments if they continue the behavior. At a certain point, ban them from entering Competitive at all, and if they still continue breaking rules in casual games, ban them from the entire game. And because everyone in this game also has atleast 1 Smurf account, maybe consider doing IP bans rather than account bans.
    The Stone Oracle of Blades

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Genavelle View Post
    . And because everyone in this game also has atleast 1 Smurf account, maybe consider doing IP bans rather than account bans.
    IP bans would cause some players who share their desktops or who play in Internet café to get banned without a reason.

rather than that every thing looks good.

Good things come from Good people.
    Support the Resistance for the Good of The Realm!!

If you want to make sure that THE MAGISTRATE ARE BAD
    click HERE

Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by mina16 View Post
    IP bans would cause some players who share their desktops or who play in Internet café to get banned without a reason.

rather than that every thing looks good.

Good things come from Good people.
    Well, sorry but that's life. If you share your IP with other gamers, then make sure they understand the importance of following game rules and not being asshats. And if you're a gamer and can only use internet cafes, maybe you should consider investing in your own internet at home.

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Genavelle View Post
    Well, sorry but that's life. If you share your IP with other gamers, then make sure they understand the importance of following game rules and not being asshats. And if you're a gamer and can only use internet cafes, maybe you should consider investing in your own internet at home.
    In a country have an economic crisis and rapid price increase, investing to buy a PC, is mostly impossible, I'm one of the lucky people who have a good economic state while many others don't.
    Support the Resistance for the Good of The Realm!!

If you want to make sure that THE MAGISTRATE ARE BAD
    click HERE

Beta Player Viscount FluffyRuff's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    So if am queue for ranked and I tab out from full screen (which I heard is said to be fixed) and I didn't make it back in time to accept cause some irl came up, I get a 1 hour suspension from ranked?

Just curious.

Edit: What if I crashed during champ select?
    Last edited by FluffyRuff; 06-12-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyRuff View Post
    deserter. been there
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyRuff View Post
    So if am queue for ranked and I tab out from full screen (which I heard is said to be fixed) and I didn't make it back in time to accept cause some irl came up, I get a 1 hour suspension from ranked?

Just curious.

I dont really have a gripe with people "not connecting" because they only make me lose time, but when people tab out in loading screen causing me to play with a bot for an entire ranked game (and lose time AND TP), 1 hour is still too generous, some people should be temp banned (and perma banned after some infractions) from ranked, its the only way to have more decent games, I dont have a good pc neither a good connection and sometimes the game bugs me out, but its pretty rare and if some people have so many bugs out, dc or bad tempers so they dc on purpose, maybe its time they stop playing ranked and ruin it for others.

At the end of the day and sorry for being rude, but I dont really care if you bugged out or if you dc on purpose, as long as the game can't really know who is a griefer and who had bad luck, in the end I still lose TP because one player DC'ed, if the majority of his games are DC, ban his ass from ranked, plain and simple.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    the problem with this is that I have been kicked and gotten deserter 8 times already from paladins crashing, but 0 times from me actually exiting the game, and 1 time from my internet giving out.

The biggest culprit is paladins buggy codebase, so I don't think they can afford to ban people from comp for an hour when their code itself is not very reliable.

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    my ide :

-Any person who is DC from the server and game get an X mark on her/his champion avatar and they don't convert to BOTs they are AFK champions with no move at all

-give the "pause" option to every player

-give all chat

players can pause the game if one of their teammates is missing and ask for a bit w8 to the enemy with all chat.

if a player get DC in early time like before min 5 and don't come back for 3 min match will stop and nothing will count
    (and the player won't get punished if it's the first time that happens)

if a player gets DC after min 5 and doesn't come back for 3 min, the team with 4 people won't lose their TP or the TP lose value reduced by 80%
    (and that player will get punishment like losing TP and ban)

its a bit hard to explain all of it all I'm saying is BOTS are nothing more than feeders DC ppl should count as AFK and show everyone that they are not in the match pause option for both side will buy some time for the player who get crash or something

plus it's not my fault that I get the crash. Is the game full of problems I should get the TP lose and ban? sounds logical
    and it's not my team fault that I get the crash why they should lose MUCH TP only cuz their teammate missing

give a system that there is no feeder if a player is not in the game
    and pause to buy some time for both sides to reconnect
    TP reward system should be smarter

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpraetor View Post
    the problem with this is that I have been kicked and gotten deserter 8 times already from paladins crashing, but 0 times from me actually exiting the game, and 1 time from my internet giving out.

The biggest culprit is paladins buggy codebase, so I don't think they can afford to ban people from comp for an hour when their code itself is not very reliable.
    they shouldn't give us ranked system

the ranked game is unfair cuz of the random crash, bugs with giving rewards, unbalance champions