Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Voice Packs

Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by mina16 View Post
    Internet cost in my country is 5$ per month for speed 100KB/s that I share with 2 other people.....
    and some others share it with a whole building.....
    That's cheap...but terrible. I feel for you, just upgraded to something decent a few months ago, myself.

Beta Player Knight FlickMontana's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 31 days registered Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by mina16 View Post
    Internet cost in my country is 5$ per month for speed 100KB/s that I share with 2 other people.....
    and some others share it with a whole building.....
    Wow. That's brutal. I don't really know what advice to give. Open a lemonade stand?

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    That's cheap...but terrible. I feel for you, just upgraded to something decent a few months ago, myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlickMontana View Post
    Wow. That's brutal. I don't really know what advice to give. Open a lemonade stand?
    Thanks Guys, but no need to feel petty, My life is great and I love it

It looks like you didn't understand me well, 5$ is a big number in my country because our national currency is very cheap, However things are mostly cheap in my country as well, but ofc things that are imported are very expensive in my country, and so do microtransactions
    Last edited by mina16; 06-13-2018 at 03:11 PM.
    Support the Resistance for the Good of The Realm!!

If you want to make sure that THE MAGISTRATE ARE BAD
    click HERE

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    My number one thing for voice packs is to allow us to pick any voice we want. Instead of it being default skin and champion have us be able to pick like Raeve Maeve voice using Demon skin, Ying Robot voice wih default skin. Things like that. I'd welcome that change. What do you all think?

Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    A suggestion I remember hearing is for Hi-rez to make a voice pack chest that can be bought with gold or ~75 crystal. Those who want a specific voice pack buy it directly with crystal, and those trying to get them for free or those who just want as many as possible will buy the chest
    Signatures are meant to be short, sweet, and witty!!!!

So... lets pretend this one fits all those requirements, k?

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshYarIvar View Post
    A suggestion I remember hearing is for Hi-rez to make a voice pack chest that can be bought with gold or ~75 crystal. Those who want a specific voice pack buy it directly with crystal, and those trying to get them for free or those who just want as many as possible will buy the chest
    This would be a good idea

click HERE

Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Hi-Rez can also give discounts(price in gold) for players with champion level 50 and who own at least 1 epic/legendary skin for that champion. This way in order to obtain a voicepack players will have to spend really much gold(and maybe grind) and some crystals(on skin).

I have 745 hrs. in Paladins my highest champion level is 42.
    Last edited by RhinoScar; 06-16-2018 at 02:42 AM.

Beta Player Grand Prince GeSteYiam's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered Tagger Second Class Overdrive 10000 Experience Points
    Don't buy voice packs or epic skins for champions you do not have a voice pack since you pay for something and get half of it. They will see the stats and do something about it. 5$ for a voice pack is a rip off anyway. And this comes for someone who defended hi rez about the way they handed the event microtransactions.
    Last edited by GeSteYiam; 06-16-2018 at 03:30 AM.

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    FEAR THE WALL OF IMO (IN MY OPINION)

Personally I really have no preference, just opinion to share. I Put cash into this game awhile ago to help aid in its development. However I was met with a VIP system that was rewarding but overall a waste of effort as it is discontinued... A cards unbound system that made the game swing in a backwards direction and made quite a lot of folk dump bulk cash into having an unbalanced upper hand... as well as making it increasingly tedious for me to even have a game of Onslaught... on top of all of that only %20 of all the skins created are worthwhile if you ask me as many of them break the forth wall such as academy skye, all the star wars skins, superhero shalin and such... Who even asked for these...?

After first "Limited" Volcanic Makoa skin came out (that was free) a craze of these limited skins came out.... and wow guys you have to jump on these they are limited, they will only be around for a short time.... They sold it through VIP and players with enough credit in VIP just up and bought them, it was a good time. Now you have to buy a big pack to play with a fancy border and have access to a heap of stuff that should just be purchasable in game anyway regardless of bundle... Yeah no.. not selling it for me..

But all in all it buying battle pass does relativity nothing but make me look like a shut in who spent 20 or so bucks on a free game each month and I'd rather be the titleless, borderless dick who flattens a team of players who bought into battle pass to prove that vanity is pathetic if it is undeserved.

It feels as if they came up with battle pass stuff to tag on the same lines that many of the other games are doing at the moment and get a reliable income out of every patch. And the Voice packs... Any new player is going to want one... as soon as they see someone else has one... It is kinda another step in playing as your character is shouting orders like them.

With the argument on the voice packs. Wise folk say "If you don't like it, don't fall for it" unless you believe High Rez are going to only get better with funding?... Consider are they in dire need of money to deserve yours? Maybe they should lose money, maybe that would make the game receive some greater attention in key areas like massive balance fixes over high res funding the creation of another Battle Royale game and Paladins on Nintendo Switch.

If you feel they treat the community as an endless source of profit then they deserve to lose the love of the player that made the game.

So until High Rez start making changes in directions I like, they will not see a cent from me...

That said I don't mind all the changes they have made, there are things that I am willing to throw money at.
    Background Music, More Announcer Packs, Menu Screen Alt Art, Alternate HUD, Even little mini games between queues would be apt purchases. Outside of that their Skin are a 50/50 to me, many are fowl, some are cool but... why....

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    FEAR THE WALL OF IMO (IN MY OPINION)

Personally I really have no preference, just opinion to share. I Put cash into this game awhile ago to help aid in its development. However I was met with a VIP system that was rewarding but overall a waste of effort as it is discontinued... A cards unbound system that made the game swing in a backwards direction and made quite a lot of folk dump bulk cash into having an unbalanced upper hand... as well as making it increasingly tedious for me to even have a game of Onslaught... on top of all of that only %20 of all the skins created are worthwhile if you ask me as many of them break the forth wall such as academy skye, all the star wars skins, superhero shalin and such... Who even asked for these...?

After first "Limited" Volcanic Makoa skin came out (that was free) a craze of these limited skins came out.... and wow guys you have to jump on these they are limited, they will only be around for a short time.... They sold it through VIP and players with enough credit in VIP just up and bought them, it was a good time. Now you have to buy a big pack to play with a fancy border and have access to a heap of stuff that should just be purchasable in game anyway regardless of bundle... Yeah no.. not selling it for me..

But all in all it buying battle pass does relativity nothing but make me look like a shut in who spent 20 or so bucks on a free game each month and I'd rather be the titleless, borderless dick who flattens a team of players who bought into battle pass to prove that vanity is pathetic if it is undeserved.

It feels as if they came up with battle pass stuff to tag on the same lines that many of the other games are doing at the moment and get a reliable income out of every patch. And the Voice packs... Any new player is going to want one... as soon as they see someone else has one... It is kinda another step in playing as your character is shouting orders like them.

With the argument on the voice packs. Wise folk say "If you don't like it, don't fall for it" unless you believe High Rez are going to only get better with funding?... Consider are they in dire need of money to deserve yours? Maybe they should lose money, maybe that would make the game receive some greater attention in key areas like massive balance fixes over high res funding the creation of another Battle Royale game and Paladins on Nintendo Switch.

If you feel they treat the community as an endless source of profit then they deserve to lose the love of the player that made the game.

So until High Rez start making changes in directions I like, they will not see a cent from me...

That said I don't mind all the changes they have made, there are things that I am willing to throw money at.
    Background Music, More Announcer Packs, Menu Screen Alt Art, Alternate HUD, Even little mini games between queues would be apt purchases. Outside of that their Skin are a 50/50 to me, many are fowl, some are cool but... why....
    "You call this wall of IMO" Barik sound, You didn't see my last thread xD
    But let's stay in the topic, While you said that you don't like some skins, I like those space skins, and academy skye "looks" nice, but its voice is a bit thin I think, what you don't like others may like, but still, there skins that are bad as you said.

While you say limited skins are wrong, I think that limited skin may be good as long as they are going to come back, It's good to have some motivation to play the game for long time, and it's good way to earn money without teasing people.

BattlePass may look expensive, but it contains 3 Epic skin (only 1 is amazing in my mind), many gold chests, 2 sprays, mount, and other things, so it's price is decent compared to what it gives.

I may agree with you with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    Don't buy voice packs or epic skins for champions you do not have a voice pack since you pay for something and get half of it. They will see the stats and do something about it. 5$ for a voice pack is a rip off anyway. And this comes for someone who defended hi rez about the way they handed the event microtransactions.
    Who would even think of buying a skin to a champion he doesn't have his voice packs????

click HERE