Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Voice Packs

Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points

Voice Packs

Yes, yes, I know the game needs to earn some money.....

But still, Voice packs is very annoying for me, I can't buy microtransactions because of economical states,
    I don't know if anyone can buy it but 5 dollars for 1 Voice pack is a lot actually,
    Yes, I know it contains the voice packs for all skins now, but still very high.

Voice packs are literally the only reason I rarely play some champs like: Pip, Moji, Ying, Grover, Inara, Khan ,seris, Kinessa, Strix, Tyra, Willo, and others

I have been in game since OB55, and the game has changed a lot since then, and there are only 3 things I don't like about changes, and they are:
    1- Some new skins (It's not a big deal for me actually)
    2- Street Justice Meave (It's annoying but I can deal with it with no problem)
    3- The voice packs, and this is the one I can't ignore any more.

I can't have the full experience of playing a champ without their Voice packs, and I can tell that clearly when I compare of playing Fernando with a voice pack to playing Terminus without Voice pack
    mentioning that I have both at same level....

I don't know what to do, I won't say make it cheaper, but I hope you know what to do as I believe in you.
    Support the Resistance for the Good of The Realm!!

If you want to make sure that THE MAGISTRATE ARE BAD
    click HERE

Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11
    I just want them to do a bundle of voice packs, similar to the champion pack. I wouldn't mind paying the same price as the champion pack, but I can't justify shelling out the thousands of crystals needed to buy them all individually.

Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    This is getting to the point of total annoyance. This is technically a p2w factor. When you have two players without a character voice and they say help or need healing, it gets to be a confusing mess. This is simply UNACCEPTABLE.

Right now, gold is pretty much next to worthless for veteran players and impossible to get for new players. You guys at HiRez are just gonna have to suck it up and do one of two options. New champions cost 200 gems and come with their voice or allow voices to be bought with gold again (and of course refund everyone who sunk 200 gems into voices). The game is less fun now that so many are playing newer characters without voices, and to some extent less fair.

This needs to be addressed and the announcer voice should not even be an option.

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    They said it was to make it less confusing but they get the oposite effect. You cant mix voices and almost 100% of new characters players have no voice pack. Making it more confusing and less fun.

And same thing with new monetization. Why you will spend more money if you cant use the one voice or head that you alredy like and put money in?

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I don't know, I've mixed feeling about it: making those voicepacks must be expensive, there're a lot of lines, the jokes, taunts. Having them for free or with in-game currency it could be too much. On the other hand buying them all is expensive too, while I understand that Hi-Rez would focus more on the players who can pay they're making the game experience much worse and this won't help them one bit

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Conrad_Max's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by yokopokomayoko View Post
    .. while I understand that Hi-Rez would focus more on the players who can pay they're making the game experience much worse and this won't help them one bit
    Really? How can making a free game "much worse" attract new players and keep the current ones?

I have spent money on this game before and I hope to do so again. Due to real life circumstances, I currently I cannot afford to do so. However, I still continue to play for free, not because my game experience is much worse, but because the game pretty much runs smoothly for me and I actually have fun playing it. Trust me, if I felt that Paladins was a bad game, I would have stopped playing it a longtime ago and not spend anymore time on a forum of a game I cannot support. Continuing to do so would be a waste of my time.

My one and only opinion here. Other than the enjoyment of playing, why does anyone continue to play a game that they find frustrating or bad? "Potential"? Is it around the corner?

On topic: I've nothing to contribute other than to state that I like a few of the voice packs that I have. One, in particular, represents me very well.
    Last edited by Conrad_Max; 06-13-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Console login link: https://forumlogin.paladins.com/psn.aspx

"Thanks for your support!"

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post
    Really? How can making a free game "much worse" attract new players and keep the current ones?
    it can't that's what I meant to say but it seems I didn't explain myself. I try again: I don't agree with whoever considers Hi-Rez 'greedy' for selling the voicepacks, they've a high value and I think it's also expensive to make them so good (WAY better than those from Battleborn or Overwatch) but I fear it has been a bad idea because having them all it's a great cost and while the game, at its core, doesn't change a bit the quality of the experience gets worse and this could be detrimental to keeping new players for long.

I could be wrong about it but an issue Paladins seems to have, in my opinion, is keeping the new players: I've recently met many new players while training new champions with bots but I've also never met again ANY of those I exchanged friendship with... My experience can't be a statistic and even if I'd be true voicepacks wouldn't be the main reason, compared to the shameful text chat and some really annoying bugs that are still around yet the apparently little details are often those who make the people snap I'm afraid Hi-Rez is undersestimating it

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post

My one and only opinion here. Other than the enjoyment of playing, why does anyone continue to play a game that they find frustrating or bad? "Potential"? Is it around the corner?
    I enjoy playing paladins, However not having a voice pack for a certain champion really discourages me from playing him/her, like I said, Which make the game "less enjoying"

Quote Originally Posted by yokopokomayoko View Post
    this could be detrimental to keeping new players for long.

I could be wrong about it but an issue Paladins seems to have, in my opinion, is keeping the new players: I've recently met many new players while training new champions with bots but I've also never met again ANY of those I exchanged friendship with... My experience can't be a statistic and even if I'd be true voicepacks wouldn't be the main reason, compared to the shameful text chat and some really annoying bugs that are still around yet the apparently little details are often those who make the people snap I'm afraid Hi-Rez is undersestimating it
    After thinking of it, I literally avoid playing some champions because I don't have voice packs for them, So what would new players do as they have no voice pack?

click HERE

Beta Player Knight FlickMontana's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 31 days registered Closed Beta Tester
    Not playing a champ because you don't have a voice pack doesn't seem like a wide spread concern. If you can afford internet, you can definitely scrape together $5...

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by FlickMontana View Post
    Not playing a champ because you don't have a voice pack doesn't seem like a wide spread concern. If you can afford internet, you can definitely scrape together $5...
    Internet cost in my country is 5$ per month for speed 100KB/s that I share with 2 other people.....
    and some others share it with a whole building.....

click HERE