View Poll Results: Do you like these ideas?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No

3 50.00%

Thread: Realm Royale Ideas - Races and Class Ultimates, Additional Classes, Character Presets

Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class

Realm Royale Ideas - Races and Class Ultimates, Additional Classes, Character Presets

Hello everyone, Rystil here. I wasn't sure where to post this, so I hope this is alright.

I was thinking about the game and its mechanics, and thought it would be interesting to add in races as well, somewhere down the line when the game has evolved more. Human, Elf, Dwarf, Orc, Ska'drin, Stagalla, and the like. Each one could have their own passives and tendencies, allowing for alternate playstyles based around race-class combinations. I've also come up with some new classes, and a better way to deal with your class (And race) at the start of the game.

Races
    Each race has their own tendencies, and thus their own passive abilities. Likewise, they can use abilities outside of their chosen class, based on their race's skills.

Humans are adaptable and skilled, and would have 10% cooldown reduction and be able to use items from any class, but still only be able to craft items for their chosen class.

Elves are quick forest warriors and skilled in the arcane, and would get 20% extra draw speed with the bow, 15% movement speed, and count as a Hunter or Warlock for purposes of what items they can pick up, but only be able to craft for their actual class.

Dwarves would be constantly repairing and adapting things, and would likely regain 5 armor per second, Forge 20% faster, and count as an Engineer or Warrior for the purposes of class, but only be able to craft for their actual class.

Orcs are strong and wild-hearted, and would probably get 5 health per second, 15% extra damage within 30ft, and count as a Warrior or Druid for purposes of class.

Ska'drin are free-hearted magical creatures full of power, and would probably have 30% CC reduction. Likewise, I think they would count as a Mage or Warlock for purposes of class.

Stagalla are tough like their stony skin, and would gain 10% damage reduction. They count as Druid or Paladin (Or Mage/Druid) for purposes of class.

Vulpins are crafty, and adept at alchemy and herbalism. They would gain 10% increased effect from potions, be able to drink and craft potions 10% faster, and count as an Assassin or Priest (Or Engineer/Priest) for purposes of class.

Alternate/Specific Racial Proficiencies

Alternatively, you could list individual racial proficiencies instead of counting as a class. These are in addition to the Racial Abilities listed above. In this case, Humans can still use any weapon or ability in additional to the bonus abilities granted by their race and class. This is probably a more balanced approach, realistically.

Elves
    Weapons: Longbow, Sniper Rifle, Soul Lantern
    Abilities: Astral Mark, Seedling, Illusion, Withdraw

Dwarves
    Weapons: Plasma Launcher, Pyre Blade, Flame Blade
    Abilities: Turret, Sensor Drone, Proximity Mine, Chain Lightning

Orcs
    Weapons: Throwing Axe, Flame Blade, Longbow
    Abilities: Battle Shout, Pyre Strike, Dredge Anchor, Billow

Ska'drin
    Weapons: Stone Spear, Lightning Staff, Soul Lantern
    Abilities: Astral Mark, Chain Lightning, Power Siphon, Billow

Stagalla
    Weapons: Stone Spear, Pyre Blade, Throwing Axe
    Abilities: Battle Shout, Power Siphon, Dredge Anchor, Blossom

Vulpin
    Weapons: Plasma Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Lightning Staff
    Abilities: Explosive Flask, Seedling, Healing Flask, Dead Zone

Racial Abilities

Another interesting thing one could do would be to have racial starter abilities similar to the class abilities, or just race-specific abilities they can pick up, having an extra slot specifically for them, the latter being what I would prefer.

Human: Recovery, Nine Lives

Elf: Shadow Travel, Hidden

Dwarf: Missile Launcher, Emitter

Orc: Blitz Upper, Defiance

Ska'drin: Reversal, Rune of Travel

Stagalla: Earthen Guard, Warder's Field

Vulpin: Scurry (Prowl), Pounce

Ultimates
    I have also been wondering at the absence of ultimate abilities in this game. If you were to implement them, the simplest charge rate would be 1% charge for every 200 damage you deal, 10% for turning someone into a chicken, and 5% for killing a chicken. A lack of passive charging forces players to be aggressive, instead of camping until they have an edge. I would likely have an ultimate slot that can be filled with whatever ult of your choosing.

Another interesting idea is to have Ultimates be one-use consumables, and make it so that after using an ultimate, you can't use another one for 2-5 minutes, even if you've picked up another one in that time. This is probably a lot more balanced than the other option.

Warrior: Crossfire, Assert Dominance, Ancient Rage and Overpower.

Engineer: Dome Shield, Hexafire, Sentinels, and Barrage.

Assassin: Spite (With Guillotine), Headhunter, The Law, and True Power.

Mage: Dragon Punch, Seismic Crash, Fae Flight, and Bon Appetite.

Hunter: Heat Haze, Scout, Flashbang, Midnight.

Temporary Out-Of-Class Gear

Okay, so we all know that one mechanic in a game, most notably Minecraft, where an item just goes to crap after so many uses. I had an idea to let anyone use any ability, except that the weapons and abilities that didn't belong to your class would actually break after so many uses. I would put the weapons at a number of full clips equal to 5 x rarity level, and the abilities at a number of uses equal to 3 x rarity level; After that, they shatter into shards, half the amount you would get if you had disenchanted them without using them. This could be due to not knowing how to renew the abilities or keep up the weapons like someone of the appropriate class would. This could be paired with the above racial proficiencies, allowing races to maintain weapons and abilities relevant to their race even if they are not relevent to their class (I mean, what elf wouldn't know how to upkeep a bow?).

Additional Classes
    Here are my ideas for additional classes that could be added. These are all mentioned above in the race section, and detailed here. Part of me had considered adding a tenth class, Alchemist, but Warrior, Mage and Engineer already have the abilities I'd add to that class. If you have suggestions for a class, state their name, passive, weapon, evasion, abilities and ultimates in the comments below - I wanna hear your ideas, even if they use abilities I've already selected for something else.

Priest
    Passive: +10% outgoing and incoming healing.
    Weapon: Soul Lantern (Seris' weapon)
    Evasive: Stellar Wind
    Abilities: Astral Mark, Restore Soul, Pyre Strike, Magic Barrier
    Ultimates: Illusory Rift, Reanimation, Inflame, Whirlwind

Paladin
    Passive: +20% lifesteal.
    Weapon: Pyre Blade
    Evasive: Shoulder Bash (With Battering Ram)
    Abilities: Battle Shout, Mending Spirits, Hunter's Mark, Dredge Anchor
    Ultimates: Immortal, Enlightenment, Ancient Rage, Inflame

Druid
    Passive: +30% CC reduction.
    Weapon: Lightning Staff
    Evasive: Vine
    Abilities: Chain Lightning, Seedling, Dead Zone, Blossom
    Ultimates: Ice Storm, Tempest, Whirlwind, Seismic Crash

Warlock
    Passive: 30% healing reduction for 1.5s on attacks
    Weapon: Flame Blade (Flame Lance but it looks like Inferno Blade)
    Evasive: Nether Step + Drift
    Abilities: Void Grip, Illusion, Power Siphon, Billow
    Ultimates: Accursed Arm, Midnight, Dread Serpent, Convergence

Character Presets
    So, with all the races and classes, I came to the conclusion that it would be best to have a bit of a different system. After all, you shouldn't have to spend several minutes scrolling through the race and class choices trying to decide. And I feel the in-match class selection is clunky anyway, as you can't really read about what any of the weapons of abilities do.

My suggestion is to give players 3 to 6 Character Slots, that they can customize in the lobby. There they pick a name, gender, Race and Class for that character, and can read about the races, classes and abilities in their free time without having to do so in-match when their allies are waiting on them.

Then, instead of the class select prompt, they get a character select prompt, with the additional option "Basic", which swaps you to a tab with a human character of each class that is available to anyone, using, in all likelihood, the basic models we have now and etc. You could even set a Preferred character, which it would default to instead of just the last class you used.

You could then even set up stats for each player's characters, listing wins, losses, kills, eliminations and deaths.

Upgrading Gear
    That annoying thing where you spend a bunch of shards and wait a full minute, only to find out that you've forged a piece of gear you either already have or don't want? Yeah, that's.... Annoying. It would be incredibly awesome if you had the option to stick a weapon, ability or armor piece you already have into the forge (Giving it up for the whole duration of the forging) in order to upgrade it to Legendary quality. Hell, make it cost more shards this way; Players end up with too many shards half the time anyway.

Enchanting

One thing I miss from Paladins is the item system. And they could actually be added in, similarly to the Forging system; Either at forges or at new Menageries, dotted a bit less freqently than Forges in towns. Enchanting would take longer than forging, probably cost more, could only be done to items of Epic or Legendary rarity, and only to one item per player per Menagerie per match. This would give players something to sink Shards into late-game once they've forged all their gear to Legendary status.

Any armor piece could be enchanted with Haven or Blast Shield, reducing the damage taken by direct or area attacks by 5% per armor piece, up to 20%. Resilience would reduce the effects of CC by 15% per armor piece, up to 60%.
    Rejuvenate would be applied to the Chestplate and grant 10% increased healing. Likewise, Veteran on the chestplate would give you passive health regen.
    Deft Hands could be applied to the Gauntlets, giving you 50% increased reload speed.
    Illuminate would apply to Helmets, causing your attacks and abilities to reveal target for 4 seconds after hitting them.
    Nimble and Master Riding could be applied to boots, giving you 25% bonus groundspeed or 20% bonus mount speed.

Weapons could be enchanted with Cauterize, Wrecker, or Life Rip. Cauterize reduces the target's healing by 50% for 1.5s. Wrecker deals 75% more damage to shields and deployables. Life Rip heals you for 20% of the amount of damage done.

Abilities could be enchanted with Chronos, reducing the cooldown of the ability by 20%, or with Morale Boost, giving it 20% more potency or duration depending on the ability.

Additionally, weapons could be enchanted with things like Flame (Dealing 200% weapon damage over 5s), or Frost (Slowing the target by 50% for 1s). You could have other enchantments, but these are just the ideas I have and found pretty easy to implement. Other things like Stun/Blind/Fear could work on-crit, but not all weapons can crit, so that would be harmful to people who don't use crit weapons.

Class Locations

You could also add in buildings specific to the classes. Each building would give a different special effect while inside, and loot found within would be specific to the 1 or 2 classes the building is associated with. The five buildings are Workshop, Mage Tower, Guild Hall, Shrine and Temple.

Workshops grant 5 Armor per second to all those inside, and 30% cooldown reduction for Engineers. They'd have lots of tools, gadgets and machinery.

Mage Towers would grant 30% increased potion effectiveness, and 30% cooldown reduction for Mages and Warlocks. They'd be tower-like buildings full of crystals, books, skulls and other occult things.

Guild Halls would grant 20% bonus damage, and 30% cooldown reduction for Warriors and Assassins. They'd look like barracks and feasting halls, fit for knights and knaves alike.

Shrines would heal players inside for 10 health per second, and grant 30% cooldown reduction for Priests and Paladins. They'd be modest but glowy on the inside, with statues and little fountains.

Temples would grant 15% damage reduction, and 30% cooldown reduction for Druids and Hunters. They'd be primitive temples covered in ice and blue crystals, overgrowth and yellow crystals, or sand and red crystals depending on where they were found.

Roaming Monsters

Now, the game is wonderful. It really is. But when you're not forging, looting or fighting, you're wandering around, paranoidly watching your back and searching frantically for someone to kill. It would be more interesting if, throughout the non-town areas, there were AI monsters of various sorts that would attack players, and drop loot/shards when slain. If you're constantly in danger of being attacked by a monster, you won't get bored. Likewise, you could create special monsters that drop Ultimate abilities or give temporary two-minute Damage/Speed/Cooldown buffs like in Smite. That would cause players to actively seek out monsters to attempt to get an advantage over their enemies, and make it less boring in the mid-game stage.
    Last edited by Rystil; 06-13-2018 at 09:52 PM. Reason: More ideas added.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Paladins: An MMORPG! Please!

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by silverleafXD View Post
    Paladins: An MMORPG! Please!
    It would be interesting to have such.

But Realm Royale has enough of an RPG feel to it already that I don't think any of these changes would be out of place, though the race change would be fairly clunky.

Beta Player Viscount
    Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    I don't like it because u're doing a plagia on WOW.

Even tho u wanna copy them, don't choose the same races.. come on, be smart a bit..

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zrayfin View Post
    I don't like it because u're doing a plagia on WOW.

Even tho u wanna copy them, don't choose the same races.. come on, be smart a bit..
    Actually, I'm not relating to WoW at all, but rather 5e D&D, as I'm a diehard tabletop fan. Besides, those classes exist in hundreds of other games; And Priest used to be a Realm Royale class, but was removed before Hunter and Mage were added. Paladin, Druid and Warlock were themes within Paladins i noticed they hadn't covered with their classes in Realm Royale, and since most of their content is drawn from Paladins, I think it's fair to suggest they create such roles within RR. Warlock would be where all the "dark" themed abilities would go, where Priest would have a lot of healing, and Druid would have the elemental abilities that haven't been allocated to the other classes. And Paladin is the titular class of the parent game, and a place for a lot of the in-between abilities - Like Battle Shout - To go.

And on the races, I picked races from Paladins. Skye, Torvald and Ying are elves. Barik's a dwarf, and Grohk is an orc. Inara and Terminus are Stagalla, Pip is a Vulpin, and Talus is Ska'drin. The only races from Paladins I ignored were Faeries and Goblins, as they are kinda small and I feel would be hard to hit. Even Vulpins are pushing it, really. Likewise, we haven't seen Goblins, Orcs or Dwarves have abilities outside magic or tech, so I'm largely shooting blind when it comes to those. Orcs literally got two different kinda of left-handed punch because I couldn't think of anything else.

I'm not trying to be malicious, I'm genuinely trying to expand the game(s), and I wish others would see it that way instead of trying to find some way to demonize my ideas.

Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rystil View Post
    Races
    Each race has their own tendencies, and thus their own passive abilities. Likewise, they can use abilities outside of their chosen class, based on their race's skills.

Humans are adaptable and skilled, and would have 10% cooldown reduction and be able to use items from any class, but still only be able to craft items for their chosen class.

Elves are quick forest warriors and skilled in the arcane, and would get 20% extra draw speed with the bow, 10% movement speed, and count as a Hunter or Warlock for purposes of what items they can pick up, but only be able to craft for their actual class.

Dwarves would be constantly repairing and adapting things, and would likely regain 5 armor per second, have 10% extra reload speed and count as an Engineer or Warrior for the purposes of class, but only be able to craft for their actual class.

Orcs are strong and wild-hearted, and would probably get 5 health per second, 10% extra damage within 30ft, and count as a Warrior or Druid for purposes of class.

Ska'drin are free-hearted magical creatures full of power, and would probably have 30% CC reduction. Likewise, I think they would count as a Mage or Warlock for purposes of class.

Stagalla are tough like their stony skin, and would gain 10% damage reduction. They count as Druid or Paladin for purposes of class.

Vulpins are crafty, and adept at alchemy and herbalism. They would gain 10% increased effect from potions, be able to drink and craft potions 10% faster, and count as an Assassin or Priest for purposes of class.

Racial Abilities

Another interesting thing one could do would be to have racial starter abilities similar to the class abilities, or just race-specific abilities they can pick up, having an extra slot specifically for them.

Human: Recovery, Nine Lives

Elf: Shadow Travel, Hidden

Dwarf: Missile Launcher, Emitter

Orc: Blitz Upper, Defiance

Ska'drin: Reversal, Rune of Travel

Stagalla: Earthen Guard, Warder's Field

Vulpin: Scurry (Prowl), Pounce

As interesting as races sound, it sound like it would add more confusion for players and work for the devs than anything. If they do decide to add races, they would have to make them a lot simpler.

Ultimates
    I have also been wondering at the absence of ultimate abilities in this game. If you were to implement them, the simplest charge rate would be 1% charge for every 200 damage you deal, 10% for turning someone into a chicken, and 5% for killing a chicken. A lack of passive charging forces players to be aggressive instead of camping until they have an edge. I would likely have an ultimate slot that can be filled with whatever ult of your choosing.

Warrior: Crossfire, Assert Dominance, Ancient Rage and Overpower.

Engineer: Dome Shield, Hexafire, Sentinels, and Barrage.

Assassin: Spite (With Guillotine), Headhunter, The Law, and True Power.

Mage: Dragon Punch, Seismic Crash, Fae Flight, and Bon Appetite.

Hunter: Heat Haze, Scout, Flashbang, Midnight.
    Ults don't work in a battle royal because they are too cheep. Even tough Ults require work and skill to charge, having would turn the endgame for a battle of skill to a battle of who has the strongest ults. It would be better to take some of those ults and tweek them into regular abilities.

Additional Classes
    Here are my ideas for additional classes that could be added. These are all mentioned above in the race section, and detailed here.

Priest
    Passive: +10% outgoing and incoming healing.
    Weapon: Soul Lantern (Seris' weapon)
    Evasive: Stellar Wind
    Abilities: Astral Mark, Restore Soul, Pyre Strike, Magic Barrier
    Ultimates: Illusory Rift, Reanimation, Inflame, Whirlwind

Paladin
    Passive: +20% lifesteal.
    Weapon: Pyre Blade
    Evasive: Shoulder Bash (With Battering Ram)
    Abilities: Battle Shout, Mending Spirits, Hunter's Mark, Dredge Anchor
    Ultimates: Immortal, Enlightenment, Ancient Rage, Inflame

Druid
    Passive: +30% CC reduction.
    Weapon: Lightning Staff
    Evasive: Vine
    Abilities: Chain Lightning, Seedling, Dead Zone, Blossom
    Ultimates: Ice Storm, Tempest, Whirlwind, Seismic Crash

Warlock
    Passive: 30% healing reduction for 1.5s on attacks
    Weapon: Flame Blade (Flame Lance but it looks like Inferno Blade)
    Evasive: Nether Step + Drift
    Abilities: Void Grip, Illusion, Power Siphon, Billow
    Ultimates: Accursed Arm, Midnight, Dread Serpent, Convergence
    The new classes you added sound great! I have a feeling that Paladins may need a slight nerf, but other than that, they look ready to be put in the game.

Character Presets
    So, with all the races and classes, I came to the conclusion that it would be best to have a bit of a different system. After all, you shouldn't have to spend several minutes scrolling through the race and class choices trying to decide. And I feel the in-match class selection is clunky anyway, as you can't really read about what any of the weapons of abilities do.

My suggestion is to give players 3 to 6 Character Slots, that they can customize in the lobby. There they pick a name, gender, Race and Class for that character, and can read about the races, classes and abilities in their free time without having to do so in-match when their allies are waiting on them.

Then, instead of the class select prompt, they get a character select prompt, with the additional option "Basic", which swaps you to a tab with a human character of each class that is available to anyone, using, in all likelihood, the basic models we have now and etc.

You could then even set up stats for each player's characters, listing wins, losses, kills, eliminations and deaths.
    This is great idea regardless of whether they add races or not especially when they when they add cosmetics. Speaking of cosmetics, I hope the make it mix and match like it was in Paladins. They could have the basic ones mix and match while the major legendary ones equip as full sets.
    Signatures are meant to be short, sweet, and witty!!!!

So... lets pretend this one fits all those requirements, k?

Beta Player Knight PrismastebanZ's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered
    I think some ultis may be a little bit OP and some obviously weak if you're not with a coordinate team (like the warlock ones), but besides all the balancing, I love the idea of combining races with classes.
    I'd definitely make a lot of Stagallas just for, well, look at my profile pic :v
    Priest, Paladin and Druid would be probably my most used classes. I like how you introduced a lot of new healing abilities. (Sadly it'd be hard to enjoy them in the Solo queue, because the warlock and some healers would be weak, and the ones with Dragon Punch and those things, and also Buck's recovery would be as picked as Viktor in the old Paladins Battlegrounds).
    In my opinion maybe the dwarfs would be great at crafting so maybe some 25% forging time reduction?
    Idk but I simply LOVE your idea.
    Proud Stone Warden and Wekono's Chosen here!

Playing since September 2017
    Founder since November 2017
    I like to try a bit of everything instead of maining.

Frontline: Inara (58), Termi (23), Ash (20), Makoa (23).
    Support: Seris (25), Jenos (23), Mal'Damba (30)... pretty much all except Pip.
    Damage: Bomb King (19), Drogoz (17), Willo (16)...
    Flank: Maeve (19), Evie (16), Zhin (12)...

Last updated: June 11th

Level
    Achievements:
    Overall, the race-counting-as-classes thing could be done by changing the weapons/skills to accept races as if they were classes. Like the bow - "Hunter, Elf or Human only", though "Human" would be added to the list for everything I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshYarIvar View Post
    As interesting as races sound, it sound like it would add more confusion for players and work for the devs than anything. If they do decide to add races, they would have to make them a lot simpler.

Ults don't work in a battle royal because they are too cheep. Even tough Ults require work and skill to charge, having would turn the endgame for a battle of skill to a battle of who has the strongest ults. It would be better to take some of those ults and tweek them into regular abilities.

The new classes you added sound great! I have a feeling that Paladins may need a slight nerf, but other than that, they look ready to be put in the game.

This is great idea regardless of whether they add races or not especially when they when they add cosmetics. Speaking of cosmetics, I hope the make it mix and match like it was in Paladins. They could have the basic ones mix and match while the major legendary ones equip as full sets.
    Races would likely be complicated, yes. They were just a suggestion, and if nothing else, I just want to be able to have racial variation in character model. Another thing I've seen is, when you land, you sometimes open 6 chests and don't find a weapon at all. So you could potentially make a "build" and have chests you open be biased toward the build, increasing your chances of finding the types of item you're after, starting with the weapon you've selected for your primary slot, and moving down the line to 2, 3 and 4. So that could be a use for the "build" system.

Ults would probably be game-breaking, yes. Especially, I think, Dragon Punch.

I'm glad you like the classes; What would you suggest for Paladin? I thought it was pretty balanced, if a jack of all trades to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by PrismastebanZ View Post
    I think some ultis may be a little bit OP and some obviously weak if you're not with a coordinate team (like the warlock ones), but besides all the balancing, I love the idea of combining races with classes.
    I'd definitely make a lot of Stagallas just for, well, look at my profile pic :v
    Priest, Paladin and Druid would be probably my most used classes. I like how you introduced a lot of new healing abilities. (Sadly it'd be hard to enjoy them in the Solo queue, because the warlock and some healers would be weak, and the ones with Dragon Punch and those things, and also Buck's recovery would be as picked as Viktor in the old Paladins Battlegrounds).
    In my opinion maybe the dwarfs would be great at crafting so maybe some 25% forging time reduction?
    Idk but I simply LOVE your idea.
    Ults would be OP to a degree, and I agree that the ones that fit Warlock's theme really don't work in solo. I love races as well; I'd main Elf, Vulpin and Ska'drin regardless of any mechanical benefit. As for class I'd be running Hunter, Warlock, Priest or Paladin. Probably Warlock.

The healing abilities are nice in duo and squads, but I figured that they could actually be configured that when you use them on the ground beneath you, it actually effects you instead. Sorta like how the shield flask works, maybe?

I had considered forge time reduction in place of reload speed for Dwarves, which would really give them an edge.

Recovery would be used a lot, I agree. Humans would be abundant because of survivability and versatility, which also lends them to simplicity. Human Warriors will run rampant, not that they don't already.

I'm glad you like my ideas. Hopefully the company sees my post. I was originally gonna suggest giving the classes passives and bonus abilities back when Priest was a thing, but the forum ate my post, which was two hours worth of typing, and shortly thereafter they added passives anyway, so.