Thread: Option to ban toxic players for teaming up in future matches

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points

Option to ban toxic players for teaming up in future matches

The fact is there are many peoply going afk and trollpicking intentionally in competitive mode which completely ruins the game!

The worst part is that after the match we can be teamed up again with those same players.

What do you think of the idea of a personal list where you can list all the toxic players you've encountered? The matching system would take that information into account and not queue you up with those players.
    Last edited by Croefski; 06-10-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Conrad_Max's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4
    Such a list would be abused and harmful to innocent players. Some of the list's contributors will themselves be "toxic", and our names can just as easily be added.
    Last edited by Conrad_Max; 06-10-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Console login link: https://forumlogin.paladins.com/psn.aspx

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

"Thanks for your support!"

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    You misunderstood me.

Everyone would have their own personal list, which gets taken into account when a team gets assembled.

I wasn't talking about public lists.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Conrad_Max's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4
    By now you should have a personal list of the names of people that you refuse to play with and maybe others have their own lists, too. As it is, you are allowed to confide with one another.

Can a group of players ban other players in Paladins? No, that will never happen. But they can agree to leave a game and not play with players on their lists.
    Last edited by Conrad_Max; 06-10-2018 at 05:20 PM.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Console login link: https://forumlogin.paladins.com/psn.aspx

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

"Thanks for your support!"

Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    That's probably impossible, because right now I have to wait in Q for like 10 min on server like EU for a match to start, so I assume that if I add a ban list to the available players, Q might slowly start to take longer and longer.

(However current MM and Q system is not thinking and it works based on useless algorithms which put masters and diamonds with unranked players in one team and it might still find another player for you! XD)

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    There are more than enough players on the EU servers. I rarely have to wait longer than 4 minutes.
    A "list of players to not get teamed up with" isn't gonna have an impact on the queue times as long it's restricted to about 100 players max. Btw the system can simply put them on opposing teams.

Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Croefski View Post
    There are more than enough players on the EU servers. I rarely have to wait longer than 4 minutes.
    A "list of players to not get teamed up with" isn't gonna have an impact on the queue times as long it's restricted to about 100 players max. Btw the system can simply put them on opposing teams.
    But the thing is, this wouldn't be a feature implemented for just YOU. It would be implemented for every player in the game. And if every player has a list of 100 people they don't want to play with, then you are never going to get into a match. I mean the game would have to work super hard to find 5 people who are all compatible, not to mention actual matchmaking that's based on skill.

I've seen people suggest this feature over and over again, but it's completely impractical and just a waste of time and forum space even discussing it.

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    As said countless times :

- 3 to 5 people max in your list so you dont abuse it and Q times arent impacted that much
    - List reset each week
    - You cant change names inside your list untill its reset (so you have to chose carefully)

--> real trolls will be on many people's list so THEIR Q times will expand drastically : Win - Win situation.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Genavelle View Post
    But the thing is, this wouldn't be a feature implemented for just YOU. It would be implemented for every player in the game. And if every player has a list of 100 people they don't want to play with, then you are never going to get into a match. I mean the game would have to work super hard to find 5 people who are all compatible, not to mention actual matchmaking that's based on skill.
    You're making wild assumptions imo.
    First of all most people wouldn't have a banlist of 100. Not everyone plays this game 10 hours per week.
    There are also incredibly many factors you blindly ignore: the listed players stop playing the game or end up in completely different divisions. It's also possible they play 90% of the time during another time of the day, etc.
    You're also clearly forgetting a lot of players play this game and there are 2 teams in a match.

It's almost as you assume everyone will be banned by multiple players. I'm quite sure still a lot of people never go afk nor trollpick.

Going off-topic:
    Tbh I'd rather have Hirez implement a system which recognises afk, connected players by their actions. For instance if their credits per minute is under a certain number, they would lose the sum of the individual lost tp of the teammembers.
    That would definititely solve most AFK annoyance.
    If a teammember then would go afk in a competitive match, you wouldn't be so bothered, because you wouldn't lose the TP.
    Last edited by Croefski; 06-13-2018 at 06:08 AM.

Super Moderator Emperor Wallachia's Avatar
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger Second Class 50000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Croefski View Post
    You're making wild assumptions imo.
    First of all most people wouldn't have a banlist of 100. Not everyone plays this game 10 hours per week.
    No, she isn't. You are.

How can you be so adamantly sure that "most people wouldn't have a banlist of 100"? Where did you take this assumption from? Your ear? Not everyone plays this game 10 hours per week? Okay, but amount of time played weekly is far from being a reason to justify having a list because "most people wouldn't". Just so you know, you only speak for yourself, not for 'most people'. You are basically asking the entire game to be altered for YOUR whim and using pseudo-arguments like "Nah, people won't do that, just me, it won't change anything at all!"

This game has 20,000 players across four servers. You'd just need 100 players on EU server to fill their lists to make a big impact on queue times, and Hi-Rez will never add any features that can increase queue times under any circumstances, so please don't try to force the game to be altered to your wish using low-quality fallacies to justify yourself. It doesn't work that way. In fact, your answer to Genavelle shouldn't be considered an argument at all.

As Genavelle said, this was proposed many times, it's a waste of forum time and space to repeat this over and over, it will not be implemented, and threads like this were never constructive, so this will not change under any circumstances.

Closed.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

HiRezAlyssa's Personal Power Ranger and Head Mod of Paladins Forums.

If it's for the good of all and general happiness of the nation, I am ready. Tell the people I'll stay!