Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Furia really OP?

Member Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    She has weaknesses. But those could be described as general flaws of any support hero.

However I start to think that she can dish out way too much damage. I created a set of card which works like "dynamo" allowing to significantly shorten CD on her wings and light beam (or whatever it's called):

Ignition (4) + Stoke the Fire (4) + Pyre Walker(2) cards and Celerity as a main talent. Also adding card for light beam radius to increase efficiency (tried to put more into Pyre Walker, but at that point extra CD reduction is not worth extra % of AoE)

What it does is plain obvious:

- Use wings. Damage which can hardly miss.
    - Use beam, wings get 10 - 1 (card) - 4 = 5 sec CD.
    - Use wings, beam gets 12 - 2 = 10 sec CD
    - At that point due to animation frames (beam + wings), wings are actually not 5, but ~4 sec to apply again
    - Just shoot, you will have enough ammo for these 4 sec
    - Use wings again, another -2 sec CD to the beam which will be now almost ready (10 - 5 - 2 sec)
    - Repeat

And this thing actually does not involve stuff like CD reduction bought in-game. With that it can work almost in a closed circle letting to cast a beam + wings constantly with respective ~6 sec on a beam and ~4 sec on wings. So if you got your team letting you do it - in just two rotations (so, ~12 seconds) you send two beams and use wings 3-4 times. That, considering also +% for the beam radius and the fact it goes through shields and walls - absolutely destroys enemy positions and renders enemy tanks useless.

It is - if you want to play "I want to kill them all". Problem is also that you can switch to a "savior" mode with the first talent on +50% healing and stacking CD reduction on R-click and adding stuff like restoring ammo on it to fire almost non-stop as well.

I like her kit and ideas around it, but I took matches against AI just for testing numbers. It is not rare to see me doing best damage AND healing. And there were two times I also did best shielding on top of that (with the proper card). That's of course only bots, but they're good for testing numbers. And those numbers do not feel right.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EpplZ View Post
    If she miss her pyre close range she's the potatoe indeed, if she doesnt you are dead, simple maths.
    Flankers often die when CC'd, which is why Resilience is a good card for them. And her Pyre isn't exactly hard to bait out and dodge without it.

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I think she is alright compared to the other healers. If you really look at her skills she isn't nothing that sticks out from the other healers.

- She can stun. (Which Damba can do regularly and Seris can do if the legendary is picked.)

- Her damage is decent (Jenos, Gronk, a illusion spamming Ying and especially Pip can out damage her with their eyes shut)

- Her healing is decent (Damba, Seris and Ying do much better)

Her escape isn't to bad though.

Any decent flank with resilience will curb stomp her if she isn't protected. Especially a spamming sliding Lex, or a attack mashing Zhin that can't miss.

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    only thing i can tell is lower her damage... increase her mobility and survivability and make her Q a bit more usefull/easier
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamael View Post
    Flankers often die when CC'd, which is why Resilience is a good card for them. And her Pyre isn't exactly hard to bait out and dodge without it.
    Thing is, stun isnt "any CC" its a hard one, only damba can stun (as support) in his base kit and his stuns are way harder to hit than pyre with some cards allowing the beam to be 20% bigger or more. Damba stuns dont go thru walls and shields, and while I'll admit damba's stuns are not on cd but on reload, the skill floor for damba is higher than furia's one IMO.

As said, I dont find her OP because her heals are not over the top, but she's already way to safe to play (hitscan, headshots, possibility to loop your abilities so you have them almost 24/7, autoaim on F, easy stuns, possibility to heal + shield) and she feels "cheap", once people will learn how to play her properly AND she enters ranked, in this current state she might be over the top, especially in tight maps as an off supp because her damage have nothing to envy some flankers / DD when played aggressively.

I'm not here to moan about her, Hirez will nerf / buff dependings on their stats anyway, but she really feel in a very very good spot atm, and people still dont get her to her max potential because she's taken as solo heal in casu while its clearly not her role.

Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    "jenos, ying and grohk can out damage her eyes shut" LOOOOOOOOL 4Head

But really tho, her damage seems fine and Imo her stun is better than dambas.

Also yeah if she stuns you, you are most likely dead.

Sure damba has it on reload, but furias beam can land a lot easier.

When she gets nerfed, i'd expect it to mostly be around her 6k beam heal talent, auto aim and stun.
    Last edited by FluffyRuff; 06-08-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Shes borderline OP
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

I MAIN FRONTLINES
    Im good with:
    Frontlines: Ash, Fernando, Terminus, Torvald, Khan, Inara
    Support: Mal'damba, Jenos, Seris, Pip
    Damage: Viktor, Sha lin, Cassie, Lian, Willo, Tyra
    Flank: Maeve

IGN: IamRick
    Current Rank: Platinum V

LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!

Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyRuff View Post
    "jenos, ying and grohk can out damage her eyes shut" LOOOOOOOOL 4Head

But really tho, her damage seems fine and Imo her stun is better than dambas.

Also yeah if she stuns you, you are most likely dead.

Sure damba has it on reload, but furias beam can land a lot easier.

When she gets nerfed, i'd expect it to mostly be around her 6k beam heal talent, auto aim and stun.
    Her 'auto aim' is fine, it's not even auto aim. It's a homing projectile. It's easy to miss and it's not too hard to dodge. It doesn't move vertically very well and it's super easy for it to hit a wall. There's no need for any change there.

Solar Blessing is...questionable. If you keep it ready for when you need it for healing purposes you are significantly reducing your damage capacity. If you use it regularly you're not getting much healing out of it. Ultimately you'll probably do most of your healing with Kindle Soul. The only time it's really OP is if you've got double tanks sitting on the point (Inara and Terminus or Leviathan Makoa). Although dropping it on an ulting Ruckus or Planted Sha Lin is pretty effective. Otherwise I'm surprising myself by saying it's probably fine.

The stun is not a problem. Most supports have some kind of CC and this is the only one she has. It's short and the beam is easy to dodge unless she drops it in your face. With Resilience it won't get you killed, most likely. It can be very effective but it can be countered, it's fine.

I initially thought she would be OP. Maybe she is still overtuned a bit. I'm honestly not sure anymore. She's certainly fun to play and can get decent numbers. To get best results out of her, I think, requires a fast, difficult play style. A style I rather like but am sure I'm very far from the best at. In the hands of Masters she's likely to be quite dangerous. In the hands of noobs she's just a damager or a heal bot.

Overall I think we should wait and see...but I'm really looking forward to seeing what some of the pros can do with her. Even if she doesn't end up being particularly spectacular just that fast paced play style in the hands of a pro should be a good show. ^^

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    On the healing side, she really can't do much without Solar Blessing (and even that LC is impractical in most situations as most teammates don't know how to make the best out of it and makes you trade off zoning and damage potential.) Her burst 1k heal with 500 heal over time can easily be countered by cauterize, even with Cherish. The way she delivers her heals is also terrible since it has wide coverage when aiming and can cause you to heal the wrong teammate, especially when they are too close to each other. I think it's better if they make the aiming on her heal a little more precise, much like Jenos. In terms of damage, she can pretty much be an off-damage since she's pretty good at dps. She is, however, easily caught off-guard and can often be flanked. Overall, she's needs a little tweaking such as better healing aim. Just like Khan, her true potential lies on how coordinated the team is.

Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    Another thing I forgot to mention for why i think her stun beam will get nerfed is because people have a problem with it not just going through walls, but going through shields like nandos and even terminus siphon (term can absorb some of it before he gets stunned by it) and they need to change that.
    Last edited by FluffyRuff; 06-09-2018 at 11:36 AM.