Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Rise of Furia" Event feedback: rewards

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered 500 Experience Points

Angry "Rise of Furia" Event feedback: rewards

I played 5 parties of the "Rise of Furia" mode before understanding this: this event is a bad joke.

First party:
    1. you don't know what to do because instructions are only in the patch notes
    2. when you understand you have to jump to climb the tower you begin to get bored, you want to play a FPS/TPS not a jumping patform/arcade game.
    3. you see that those cinematics are the worst ever, they look like a draft

Second party:
    1. now you know the rules but jumping is still boring
    2. cinematics are still ugly

3rd to 5th party
    • you are really bored of jumping
    • you are looking for the ugly conematics for the fifth time and can't skip them
    • you just realized that all f**ing skins are unlockable only after spending money so collecting shard are useless, the event feels bad but in additions you won't get any rewards

Conclusion: just do the two event quests to get the chests and never play this event ever

Note: the game is great but this event is so bad.

Personal belief: this kind of false free2play die quickly in general because player start to hate the game, only people spending money will continue to enjoy, no making a great community, and the game won't become famous. You have to choose, make a paid game or make a free2play not a pay2win (not the case here), a pay2play (not the case here) or a pay2enjoy (the case here). Skins for money is okey, event rewards for money is not. If events and update continue to be like that I will be forced to stop.

True f2p example: Path Of Exile is the only TRUE free2play I ever played and they listen to their community, respect them, and make great content that is not some stupid and quickly done patch like this Rise of Furia event. Result? They killed diablo 3. Hi-Rez, you want to kill Blizzard too? You'll never kill Overwatch, you copy game is too late and you're economic model too shity and unrespectfull to convict the community.

Update: this begin to smell like Dofus, each patch they lost players, each patch players hate them more, why? they don't improve the game, they don't listen to the community, they do stupid nerf and boost the most played char to get noob happy, they make a abd economic strategy and most of the content they add are paid MTX in the store and not true content. So they closed more than 75% of their servers in a few years. Now look at this Paladisn patch, tehy did not improved the game except some minor bug fix (don't listen to community enhancement request), they add new skin (money), make a paid2unlockRewards event (money), and this is not a great work or quality but quickly done (money).

Oh and I forgot: the music is f**cking loud during the event game so can't hear the game sounds.
    Last edited by Wallachia; 06-08-2018 at 01:05 PM. Reason: posts merged

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I will have to agree.

The even itself is barebones as is but what is worse the last "deatmatch" part has loadout and legendaries disabled, so some champions(Fernando and Skye for example) are borderline unplayable in this event, as they are heavily loadout dependent. The tower climb is also poorly done as the games jumping was never made for precise platforming, so climbing the tower feels more like a test of luck than skill, especially on those chains where I have almost no idea where I can and cannot stand. Not to mention characters like maeve or androxus have an inherent advantage in these sorts of challenges. Its a novel idea for paladins but painfully undercooked and feels and looks quite literally like one of those WoW private server jumping events, where GMs make a jumping stage out of stools. And as already said it gets boring really fast.

As for the rewards. The game has a skin based economy so it does not shock me you have to pay for the new shiny skins. That part is fine and I have no issues with it. The problem is that:
    A. Individual bundles are more expensive(previous event they costed 300) despite having less in them(no diamond chest).
    B. Once again one of the "premium" skins is locked behind the other three, so if you want that Drogoz skin you have to get the other three that you may not want.
    C. The event will probably see a steep drop in participation as all the rewards are locked behind a 400 crystal paywall. I expect players to loose interest after those first two quests, as after that there is basically nothing to do. Not to mention, that outside of Divine Seris skin all the other "rewards" are fairly weak sauce(two of them are literal Jpg).

And lets not even bring up all the new bugs and performance issue this(supposedly bugfix focused) patch brought. Its stuff like this that makes it clear the game was not ready to leave beta.

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    I cant be more in agreement. The event sucks and the rewards kind of... at least for the price(I am saving me crystals).
    At the beggining there was no pay wall, but now, even voice packs are crazy expensive for a basic feature. Sad.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravielsk View Post
    I will have to agree.

The even itself is barebones as is but what is worse the last "deatmatch" part has loadout and legendaries disabled, so some champions(Fernando and Skye for example) are borderline unplayable in this event, as they are heavily loadout dependent. The tower climb is also poorly done as the games jumping was never made for precise platforming, so climbing the tower feels more like a test of luck than skill, especially on those chains where I have almost no idea where I can and cannot stand. Not to mention characters like maeve or androxus have an inherent advantage in these sorts of challenges. Its a novel idea for paladins but painfully undercooked and feels and looks quite literally like one of those WoW private server jumping events, where GMs make a jumping stage out of stools. And as already said it gets boring really fast.
    For this part I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravielsk View Post
    As for the rewards. The game has a skin based economy so it does not shock me you have to pay for the new shiny skins. That part is fine and I have no issues with it. The problem is that:
    A. Individual bundles are more expensive(previous event they costed 300) despite having less in them(no diamond chest).
    B. Once again one of the "premium" skins is locked behind the other three, so if you want that Drogoz skin you have to get the other three that you may not want.
    C. The event will probably see a steep drop in participation as all the rewards are locked behind a 400 crystal paywall. I expect players to loose interest after those first two quests, as after that there is basically nothing to do. Not to mention, that outside of Divine Seris skin all the other "rewards" are fairly weak sauce(two of them are literal Jpg).

And lets not even bring up all the new bugs and performance issue this(supposedly bugfix focused) patch brought. Its stuff like this that makes it clear the game was not ready to leave beta.
    For the event rewards, in one day of playing you have finished the two challenges and so unlocked the two reward chest. Then you have nothing more to do, all the shards need real money to be spent so after one day you can't stop the event you nothing more do especially when the jumping part is very is that bad.

Forum Moderator Marquess Pr0j3ct97's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Overdrive 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroxOxi View Post
    this kind of false free2play die quickly in general because player start to hate the game
    I would like to point out that there is no 'false' free2play. The game itself is completely free, it's the cosmetic items that are what is being payed for. Hi-Rez stated that their new monetization model will be cosmetics, hence why cards unbound is no more a thing. Wouldn't you agree that it's better to have skins monetized than have gameplay aspects monetized? I mean, they have to monetize something.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's
    Code of Conduct.

Submit a support ticket here

Need to contact me elsewhere? Find me on Twitter

Mastery 132 Maeve (No levels purchased) | #OfBlades

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr0j3ct97 View Post
    I would like to point out that there is no 'false' free2play. The game itself is completely free, it's the cosmetic items that are what is being payed for. Hi-Rez stated that their new monetization model will be cosmetics, hence why cards unbound is no more a thing. Wouldn't you agree that it's better to have skins monetized than have gameplay aspects monetized? I mean, they have to monetize something.
    It may be poorly worded but it still describes a problem with the monetization scheme, especially from the view point of a new player. In other games, events in general have a two fold purpose: to keep the old players invested and to attract new players with shiny new stuff. Thing is that for that to work the event it self cannot up with the words "PAY UP OR GO HOME". To new players this signals that this is a game where unless they spend copious (25 bucks is not a small amount no matter which way you slice it) amount of money, they wont get jack squat. Self evidently this drives them away.

Further more it just highlights a general problem with the monetization scheme. Since they removed parts and pieces, along with voicepack mixing, each skin adds exactly one option, one look and that is it. Meaning that if I dislike even some parts of the skin I have far less of an incentive to purchase it. Not to mention since everyone is buying the same stuff it literally makes one stand out less, so that aspect of forging ones own look is even lesser with these new skins(especially when they are new). Further more since the default voicepack is now required for all voicepacks, people without founders pack(or copious amounts of spending money) have even less of a reason to purchase these skins as they will be by default locked out of one of its features. In case of this event if one wants the Drogoz skin, they are forced to dish out 25 bucks for three other skins they may have no interest in.

This style of all or nothing is fundamentally driving people away as most are incapable or unwilling to put such large sums of money for, lets face pretty middle of the road cosmetics. Especially after removal of parts and pieces people have even less of an incentive to buy stuff they are not 100% on board with.

And as this and many other topics here on the forum prove a solid chunk of the player base is choosing the nothing part. The even as well as the whole game need a more spaced out monetization model, where even smaller investments are possible and actually pay off. I suspect that if this was done the game would see an increase in profits.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    I really dont mind the event except for not being able to skip cinematics. However, I agree that the rewards are very lackluster and the event store really needs to be expanded to make the event worthwhile for all players. The event store should have included at least one or more skins unique to the event that was purchasable using only event currency and adding xp boosters for players that purchased everything would have been a nice touch.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Agree with OP...

1. Event is boring
    2. I don't need to see the cinematic every single time I play. In fact, the first time I played the event and the cinematic was triggered I thought my comp crashed... until the fireball flew in.

I have zero desire to play this event

Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Forum Tier 2 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The game and event are free to play. You can get a gold and diamond chest without spending a dime. Having said that, I agree that the event store shouldn't require a buy-in or at the very least a much smaller one. I also hate the event mode but apparently some people like it. :P

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr0j3ct97 View Post
    Yeah I totally agree with skin monetization, yeah the game is F2P. I was jsut trying to say teh core game is ok, but event have interest only for people spending money.