Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Buck's Healing

Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I guess the 40% damage reduction is going to stay ignored no matter how many times it's mentioned.

Well w/e done here.

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyRuff View Post
    I guess the 40% damage reduction is going to stay ignored no matter how many times it's mentioned.

Well w/e done here.
    Focus him, he'll still melt.

Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun08 View Post
    Buck default heals are pretty shitty actually, the moment you buy caut 2 they become useless, however, the real problem with Buck heals is the infamous Bulk Up + Rapid Sustain 5 + Deep Breath 5 build. 50% increase heal below 50% hp (basically anti caut) + recovery grants you 40% dmg reduction by 3 secs. That shit makes Buck an unstoppable almost impossible to kill beast in early game, even caut 2 is a joke against him.

I don't know why this hasn't been nerfed yet. It's fucking ridiculous.
    you're right, bulk up is very good I think you should remove the 300 extra hp increase and give these cards a nerf, at one or both. Rapid sustain of 10% per level to 8% and deep breath of 8% per level to 6%

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by yokopokomayoko View Post
    a Zhin main who asks for balancing Buck... poor Hi-Rez will never balance this game to a point people will be happy
    It's funny because it's true haha

The very first and most urgent matter in Hi-Rez's balancing agenda is nerfing Zhin, obviously.

Then comes the rest.

And when the rest comes, Buck is still not there.

There you will find Cassie (and her -only- viable legendary), you will also find Maeve, with -copy paste-.

Theeeen we can see Buck, who will find you, and will be REALLY not nice to you!

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Buck got counter hard by Cauterize which everyone's buy anyway. He need to get close to kill you, big hitbox, low mobility, you can 1vs1 outplay him if you play better, unlike Zhin

Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyRuff View Post
    The damage reduction holds for 3 seconds after the heal is activated. Since the heal takes 1.5 seconds - during which he is defenseless - he gets 1.5 seconds with damage reduction and then 5.5 seconds without it till his next heal, since with this build he can't put 5 points into CD reduction of his heal. So maybe 22% of the time he gets 40% less damage while 22% of the time he can't fight. A monster.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    The damage reduction holds for 3 seconds after the heal is activated. Since the heal takes 1.5 seconds - during which he is defenseless - he gets 1.5 seconds with damage reduction and then 5.5 seconds without it till his next heal, since with this build he can't put 5 points into CD reduction of his heal. So maybe 22% of the time he gets 40% less damage while 22% of the time he can't fight. A monster.
    This guy gets it.

Level
    Achievements:
    Yes he's defenseless and during the duration of the heal with DR you use that as a way to get out a lot of the times for free not continue fighting unless your team comes to help you.

Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Escaping and staying alive is not the problem with Bulk up Buck. I made a few matches with both his legendaries (gold rank) and the problem with Bulk up is to secure the kill. He got a DPS of 700 with bulk up, so in 3 seconds he could bring down a target, but usually they have self heal, haven or something else to reduce damage, they hop around and he only has 4 shots in his magazine. If he misses one he probably wont make the kill.

With Lex this is much easier, he slides in, shoots for 2 seconds and then finishes the victim with his autoaim skill which does 1040 damage in 1.4 seconds. Then he runs or dies. He has a dps of over 2K on his retribution target, so either after 2 seconds it's clear whether the attack will succeed or its time to flee before the reinforcements arrive.

Buck is slow and has a low dps with is a bad combination for a flank. Excellent self sustain alone doesn't do the job. Maybe I played him too much as a classic flank, I saw in the PPL that he is played more defensively like a damage dealer doing poke damage constantly. As a flank attacking the backline he is not nearly as good as Lex or Maeve or another high speed high dps flank. Prolonging the fight is not what a flank wants. Even Zhin who also has low dps like Buck can at least attack very aggressively cause of his do-not-go-to-spawn skill billow.

Level
    Achievements:
    Just going to put this in there (in case i haven't said this already and idc to look at my past comments for it) he can do 1100+ a head shot so imo even tho he does 700 close up, his dps isn't that bad because of how much damage his head shots do.

But that's just my opinion.

Now lets keep this thread on his healing? (i'm kinda done with this thread tbh).
    Last edited by FluffyRuff; 06-10-2018 at 10:08 PM.