Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: balance and idea for talents

Level
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points

Post balance and idea for talents

hello everyone,
    so here i will talk about my thoughts on balance and my ideas about how to make some talents more useful

damage

bomb king
    well bk is a strong pick but he has been nerfed a lot and i think he is not one of higly played champions
    the only thing really op about him is poppy bomb because it is not affected by cripple (but not that op since it can be destroyed)
    about talents,
    accelerant
    is usefull but can be countered by any cc reduce card talent and resilience, so it is very situationnal, and maybe there could be a minimum stun time or a bonus damage on this talent

chain reaction
    not so used anymore, i think it should extend the time during which sticky bomb stay on a body to make it more usefull (adjusting bonus damage could be needed)

demolition
    destroying shield is very usefull and means less need of wrecker, i don't need this one needs any change even if most people don't use it

royal subjects
    the most used one, i don't know what to think about it tho

cassie
    the simpliest way to balance her would be to make disengage and blast shot to act like shalin's impaler arrow (and maybe nerf some cards like quiver)

big game
    really useless to be honest, augmenting the bonus damage could be good but probably way too powerful, i think the bonus damage shouldn't be based on target health and would apply to any target not touching the ground

exaction
    this one is just fine

impulse
    if blast shot act like impaler arrow i don't see any erason to nerf it

just breathe
    this one only situational (against snipers for example), don't change it

drogoz
    well, just give us back the old drogoz rocket speed, but make it less countered
    for example he could use a passive while flying for direct damage reduction

combustible
    good one, i don't like it but it's a fair one

fusillade
    change it to direct shot deal 1150 damage and make it unaffected by any talent increasing damage (such as luminary) and it doesn't affect salvo anymore because it is the most used and most powerful of all

reign of terror
    useless as it is now, i think it could remove the disperssion of salvo as a bonus effect

wyrm jets
    this one is really good but makes drogoz an easy target
    maybe the passive i suggested above could be implented in this talent

kinessa
    i won't talk about her just about her talents (because she changes so much those time)

eagle eye
    basically it makes her land a 2400 headshot
    i think it shouldn't apply to her carabine mode and maybe it should only affect fully charged shot

reposition
    well this one is good but could use a bonus damage somehow after teleporting (something like first shot after teleport deals X% more damage) which could be too op because impossible to flank her
    i think also about something weird, this card could change the way she teleports, like reducing both range and CD, just an idea

steady aim
    this one is good, but i think it is hard to know the exact moment where your shot is fully charged

suppression
    really good but bonus damage should be higher or affect the carabine as well

lian
    as said by so many change her for less autoaim
    also, what is the scale range for emminence talent??

sha lin
    don't change him

strix
    base kit and stats are balanced but he shouldn't be able to shoot ith his sniper when unscoped

but talents...

ambush
    bonus damage should be higher (15% when kinessa has stuff like 30 or 50%)

crack shot
    i have no clue how tomake it usefull without making it too op

nocturnal
    it should give strix some resistance to anything revealling him and the bonus would be reduced to 30% to avoid it of being broken

and the flare one
    just remove it the CD reduced by 10s

tyra
    she just need an escape skill replacing one of her skills

burn monster
    remove the cripple effect or change it to just a slow, or let the cripple but reduce or remove bonus damage

first blood
    use of this? with cauterize? i'd like to see it changed for a bonus speed effect

hunting party
    this one is ok but the mark jus need to be reworked a little (about its duration and it's so hard to put it on someone, i usually need to press the button like 4-5 times in order to)

mercy kill
    good one no change needed (just the nade launcher with no gravity...how??)

viktor
    just a numb champion
    hustle should have or a CD or a limited time of use (cause viktor cause run faster than maeve than a horse for like forever)

cardio
    it's useless but as well as viktor is

firefight and gunnery
    remove those two, it's cancerous and unoriginal

shrapnel
    this one is a good one

yes i don't like viktor

vivian
    lower her damage output but remove or reduce the slow effect while firing
    what's the point of the slow effect on sights since it's the same as the normal one and it doesn't stack (luckily because if it does then she can't move at all)

booby trap
    ok well ok just a card

chaos
    just as dumb as viktor's talents

sapper rounds
    kinda same as death and taxes but it's ok i guess

suspect everyone
    it could maybe increase the sensor radius or make it see trough wall (yes a natural wallhack guys)

just vivian need big reworks and i would love to see her played more around revealling enemy team than just fire while ot moving and getting killed by anyone in a sec

willo
    the most underestimated champions i may say
    but her skills have a too high CD

blastflower
    i didn't know it could be his op omg, but hum, is there like a limit time for the bonus damage?

nightshade
    maybe it should be changed to deals X damage when someone enter dead zone, or enemies in dead zone takes X more damage from you

scorched earth
    just so op x) but very situational

scorn
    maybe it could be changed to just pop more seedlings?

flank

androxus
    he is good, super difficult to play feel balanced but defiance is really weird to use and not better than just using your revolver (but have no idea how to change it)

dark stalker
    really good talent since you can now 4-5 shot any damage and flank, 4 shot....come on 4 shot what is the use of this talent?? it allows you to deal 100 more damage when target is below 40% health and not healed, 100 bonus damage, 100...it should be higher...

defiant fist
    well 10 shots later you can deal a 1400 damage burst, and since almost all champs are above 2000 health you still need 1 punch and 2 shot to kill something
    i think either the charging rate or max bonus damage should be higher

godslayer
    feel useless to me since reversal so impossible to hit with
    i think it could be changed to reverse any damage taken, kind of dealing the damage you take during reversal to the one who is hiting you
    or change the use of reversal this way, reversal now negate the first damage taken and deals damage = to your missing else (or a % of it) to the one who inflicted damage to reversal and reversal now last 0.5s (or smething like this)

heads will roll
    well themost used talent
    the 2 ammo bonus feels stupid since yuo have a revolver, and a revolver is supposed to have 6 ammo not 8, also the bonus damage could be a little higher to compensate and be able to 2 headshot something else than just some flank below 2000 health (healers for exemple)

buck
    i don't play him much, but he is good champion, although i would like him to have a different shotgun with more ammo better fire rate and less damage or something like 2 ammo but higher damage, and not something between both options

bounce house
    no one uses this
    it could be good to add maybe a stun or cripple effect instead of the knockup

bucking madness
    no uses this
    it is way too situational, maybe with an effect like no CD during buck wild (in addition or replacement of the current effect i don't know) and remove the 15% charge rate

bulk up
    i'd like the effect to change into
    recovery now don't channel and heal for an additionnal X

ensnare
    this one is good and the balance needs to come from other cards

evie
    she is well balanced to me, but she could use having 1900 health (so she don't die from a single sniper headshot)

over the moon
    the bonus damage should be higher because you still need 3 shots to kill almost anyone
    it should allows you to only need 2 shots to kill

reprieve
    the effect could be instead of healing something that freeze(stun) enemies in a certain range of it for Xs (and the stun stops 0.2-0.4s if you cancel ice block before the stun finish)

snow globe
    i think it's the most useless of all talents in the whole game
    it could be changed like this
    augment ice storm's range by X and now stun all enemies as long as they are in the range (and maybe change the charge rate or duration to balance it)

wormhole
    good as it is (i even think sometimes that evie could have the effect in her base kit, but maybe it would make her too op)

lex
    he is lexelent lol
    well this is not from me but i liked the idea a lot
    remove the autoaim and make rmb and lmb fire respectively his right and left gun and change maybe reloading rate or damage to compensate, also combat slide is crap for now because it can't be used above ground so maybe change this and augment range and CD could be good

death hastens
    really good for a gameplay based on the law

discovery
    i think it should either reduce the CD of retribution more or makelmex be able to chose or at least not give the same retribution target when you use it (cause when your target is fernando but you want to kill the healer because it's your job and you can't because your target remains fernando....)

heroism
    could be good iif combat slide could be changed somehow

the law won
    firstyou should really make something for the ingame graphic of it (so people stop thinking there is a bot)
    then i'd like it to be : killing your target grants a X% damage against your next target lasting Xs (or something like this not necessarly a damage bonus)
    or this way: killing your target grant a X% damage buff to yuor retribution targets stacking up to X times (maybe reset when you die depending on the two X)

maeve
    her base kit is good but prowl should either last forever or not be canceled when you attack (or at least not cancel it as long as you don't do any damage) or be changed by a talent (see below)

artful dodger
    really good talent, but it should reduce the CD of nine lives by X

cat burglar
    if prowl is changed, just change the talent as this : you gain X% damage buff for Xs after prowl ended (or during prowl if you can now attack during it)
    if not changed the talent should be : jump bonus of prowl buffed by X% and your two first wepon shots within 3s after prowl gain 50% bonus damage (this way you can kill with only 2 attack (4hits) i did the maths btw 40% not enough)

roque's gambit
    it's good but 10% damage means 40 bonus damage which is ridiculous
    it should change pounce to deal 500 damage instead of 400 (so with 4hits and 1 pounce you kill a target with 2300)

street justice
    bonus damage should be capped at 800 or the talent completely changed to give pounce a second charge

moji
    i think the gameplay should be more focused on hiting target with max charge (like reducing the base damage of a charge and augmenting the 10 charge damage)
    also reduce the range of spray is needed because it is so stupid for now (you have more range than nando)

boom boom
    this is stupid for a flank, it should i don't know reduce healing when you hit with spray or increasing damage when exploding 10 charges or increasing the maximum number of charges

snack attack
    this is good

toot
    i think it could give the possibility of using barrier and scamper at the same time

yummy
    this is stupid but x)

skye
    won't talk about since she is being reworked

talus
    increase a little the blitz hitbox cause it is so tiny now

faustian bargain
    i like this one but i think it should give a damage reduction or passive healing or increase something while the rune is active (and maybe increase rune CD if too op)

inner strength
    this one is good

nothing personnal
    either the 65% health should be like 75% or increase the ultimate damage

raging demon
    this is useless, maybe it could instead increase the basic fire rate (of normal attack) instead?

zhin
    so op as it is now
    most problems comes ffrom cards or his skills which makes him too safe
    so reduce scaling of some cards could be good
    and counter can just counter everything even ults...isn't it a bit too op?

guillotine
    i think it could instead of augmenting the charge rate avoid any heals for the target but that is maybe too powerful (basically it becomes dragon punch but you can't kill enemies with cc immune)

retaliation
    this is a stupid one but fun against against newbies
    it turns you into a tank lol

smolder
    good for survive but not so op

yomi
    could be change to : heavy hit deals 200 more damage and (or passes trough enemies or has no range limit, i prefer passes trough enemies) also the range of heavy hit could but augmented (or in stats or by a card)

frontline

ash
    she is good but anyone with cc reduce or cc immuninity rekt her
    maybe she could use a passive or card or something giving her a counter to the cc immune or reduce

batternig ram
    this one is useless
    i think it should reduce the channeling time instead

fortress breaker
    this one is ok as it is

rally here
    instead of giving a higher charging rate make her imune to cc during the jump maybe

slug shot
    i like this one but maybe adding an other effect to it would be good

barik
    well balanced but could use a little more health

also i won't talk about his talents because they are really all good but not too op
    just architectonics could use a little buff like increasing the flight speed of turret's shots

nando
    he is good but his ult seems bugged
    it is written cannot be affected by damage over time effects but this doesn't seem to applies (or i just missunderstand the ult?)

aegis
    this feels bad and completely useless
    i think it should increase the shield health but what would be good would be to make nando fire while shield is up

dragonfire lance
    increase the damage (and maybe decrease firerate?)

formidable
    i think it should not be affected by caut and the healing reduced to 25-30%

scorch
    pretty used for now but i think it's only because other talents are crap

inara
    she is now well balanced and pretty op

mother's grace
    this one is really good and shouldn't be changed

the cripple one
    i just think cripple in a radius is pretty stupid and op but well it's ok at least it's not like the fire who kill you in 2sec

tremors
    why none uses this one it's so op

and wrath
    since i can't land 3 shot in a row xD i can't tell if op or not

khan
    you buffed him too much
    reduce a little his damage and his ult should have a limited time when he can just grab you and let you there where you can't do anything

storm
    does it even augment his dps? point of firing faster but with less power...

lian's shield
    this one ok

firing lane
    so freaking op
    should reduce either the 4s or remove bonus damage

vortex grip
    this one is good

the turtle
    is grab is so op, i think it should affected somehow by resilience (but not any cc reduce card)

DJL
    good one but not used at all

half shell
    good but maybe grant more health to shield o rdamage reduction to koa or even a bonus damage for those who are in it

leviathan
    the cc immmune should be a natural effect of his ult
    the card could then increase the damage he deal during ancient rage

pluck
    pretty op no need change

ruckus
    fix the headhitbox... you can even headshot from behind, come on, behind...
    but overall he has been well balanced

as for talent.... it is just that rocket barage is way to op
    altought, overdrive is useless
    i have no clue what to change in fact

terminus
    he has too many bugs ...and power siphon is powerful...

crush
    well this is ok

decimation
    the bonus damage should be higher

rage
    i love this one

undying
    this is crap, either the DR should be higher or the healt cap higher

torvald
    i hate him, nullify should durate less longer deal less damage but goes trough walls maybe

alternating current
    this is useless, i think it could decrease the charge rate of recharge but stun people who are touched by it and no longer lastlonger

direct current
    could be good with the change suggested above

field study
    iy should give DR instead of additional damage

grandpa
    is good

support

i don't play support a lot so i won't really talk much about them

grohk
    i don't like how he heals because it can only works if you are coordinated with the team
    as for talents i think they are fine

grover
    he is really weird as is weapon do more damage when you stay far but his heal can only heal when close
    what is the range of vine? this skill feels weird to use for me
    also he may use a little more healing in terms of value
    his talents are also fine

jenos
    he is probably the best support among all
    for talents, binary star is kinda useless

damba
    i can't plat this guy he is so damn hard
    his ult is kinda stupid because it is affected by any cc immunity or reduce

ripened gourd
    this is useless, i'd prefer it to give a 2s cc immune to any ally in it when it lands

other talents are fine

pip
    everything about him is good, so many ways to play him all talents are usefull somehow and i never know what is the best to go with
    if you play good you can heal as much with megapotion as with mischief for exemple

seris
    her ult has the same problem as damba's one

soul collector
    it's useless, it should be completely different or maybe a scale of 1% but an increased max stack (to be able to go further than 16%)

mortal reach
    is this supposed to turn her into jenos? it's a good one but i usually don't use the 1s more duration

ying
    her dimmensionnal link is really bad skill it should work an other way
    also shatter makes illusion to expire really quick
    her illusions have lots of bugs also

resonance
    maybe it should either increase shatter's damage or increase shatter's range

lifelike
    i hate this one, i think it could be changed so that you could have up to 3 illusions at the same time (but illusions would heal less i guess)

i think this is all, thanks for reading
    tell me your thoughts about this (should i change the colours?)
    Here are my guides, I'm constantly improving/modifying them and keeping them up to date
    If you have any guide requests just ask me
    I'd be glad to have feedback about these guides

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...31-way-to-skye
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...830#post554830

Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    damage

bomb king
    well bk is a strong pick but he has been nerfed a lot and i think he is not one of higly played champions
    the only thing really op about him is poppy bomb because it is not affected by cripple (but not that op since it can be destroyed)
    about talents,
    accelerant
    is usefull but can be countered by any cc reduce card talent and resilience, so it is very situationnal, and maybe there could be a minimum stun time or a bonus damage on this talent

accelerant is meh, maybe just revert the unnecessary nerf they did to it with cards unbound that reduced the bonus from 50% to 40%. Don't overbuff it. It's mainly there to force people into resiliance or kill them easily, mainly to make people waste credits and loadout points.

chain reaction
    not so used anymore, i think it should extend the time during which sticky bomb stay on a body to make it more usefull (adjusting bonus damage could be needed)

Chain reaction is fine. It's just his talent with the highest skill ceiling since you need great accuracy on your inhands in order to get the full value. It's fine. In hands of a good player, it's often his best talent against certain tanky comps.

demolition
    destroying shield is very usefull and means less need of wrecker, i don't need this one needs any change even if most people don't use it

Demolition needs a buff. It's his worst talent. You can still easily escape grumpy bomb in the 3s or just get out of the LoS to avoid it.

royal subjects
    the most used one, i don't know what to think about it tho

It's probably his strongest one right now because it allows even less skilled players to easily pick up this high skill champion. Great players use it for ranged damage, poke around corners and AoE damage on clumped up enemies. But most players use it as aim assist since they aren't good enough with the inhands. I'd say increase the damage fall-off on royal subjects bombs, so you can still apply cauterize to groups with it easily but you need better aim to get decent damage.

cassie
    the simpliest way to balance her would be to make disengage and blast shot to act like shalin's impaler arrow (and maybe nerf some cards like quiver)

I disagree with this. I'd rather add a postfire on all her abilities to make it less bursty and see the projectile speed of blast shot reduced back to the old speed, so you can no longer output that burst on long ranges.

big game
    really useless to be honest, augmenting the bonus damage could be good but probably way too powerful, i think the bonus damage shouldn't be based on target health and would apply to any target not touching the ground

Big game is decent. It's just that impulse is so much better, and if you want a tank killer, you don't go cassie but someone like drogoz or bk.

exaction
    this one is just fine

It's really underused... maybe add a 0.5s CD reduction on dodge roll, so incitement playstile becomes viable again with enough chronos.

drogoz
    well, just give us back the old drogoz rocket speed, but make it less countered
    for example he could use a passive while flying for direct damage reduction

Drogoz REALLY needed the increased projectile speed. He needs to be able to deal his damage consistently, even on mid to long range. That's the defenition of a DD after all. He should deserve a chance to his his rocket on long ranges on decent players since you used to be able to just dodge every single one.

combustible
    good one, i don't like it but it's a fair one

fusillade
    change it to direct shot deal 1150 damage and make it unaffected by any talent increasing damage (such as luminary) and it doesn't affect salvo anymore because it is the most used and most powerful of all

Fusillade should get the bonus damage reduced to 25%-30% and additionally the bonus damage should be removed from salvo. With the projectile speed buff fusillade just got too good.
    Flanks and especially supports deserve a chance against this, and supports shouldn't be 2-shot by drogoz. Also the buff to 1150 dmg is basically a buff, since you can now 2-shot buck. Absolutely not necessary.

reign of terror
    useless as it is now, i think it could remove the disperssion of salvo as a bonus effect

It needs a complete rework. They just added it because they had no idea for a decent drogoz talent when they added a 4th talent for everyone.

wyrm jets
    this one is really good but makes drogoz an easy target
    maybe the passive i suggested above could be implented in this talent

Wyrm jets is fine. It might not give you any bonus damage or DR, but it allows you better positioning and more agression to apply your damage more consistently. No need for any kind of buff here.

kinessa
    i won't talk about her just about her talents (because she changes so much those time)

eagle eye
    basically it makes her land a 2400 headshot
    i think it shouldn't apply to her carabine mode and maybe it should only affect fully charged shot

One-shots must be reserved to ultimates only. Eagle eye needs a nerf or a rework.

reposition
    well this one is good but could use a bonus damage somehow after teleporting (something like first shot after teleport deals X% more damage) which could be too op because impossible to flank her
    i think also about something weird, this card could change the way she teleports, like reducing both range and CD, just an idea

Reposition is decent, it allows her to escape from flanks without being bursted down.

steady aim
    this one is good, but i think it is hard to know the exact moment where your shot is fully charged

That's what you have that shiny yellow indicators on your screen for

sha lin
    don't change him

That's just dumb. Sha lin is one of the best champions right now and has a pretty unbalanced talent: Desert shadow. Nerf desert shadow and sha will be fine. But right now it's just waaaay more powerful than any other talent he has.

strix
    base kit and stats are balanced but he shouldn't be able to shoot ith his sniper when unscoped

Nope, his base kit pistol has 1000 DPS... that's more than many flanks have on close range (with headshots it's 1500 DPS). It's one of the highest DPS weapons in the entire game. His pistol needs a nerf for sure
    Also I don't see why he shouldn't be able to shoot without zooming.

but talents...

ambush
    bonus damage should be higher (15% when kinessa has stuff like 30 or 50%)

Strix is about utility, not bonus damage.

crack shot
    i have no clue how tomake it usefull without making it too op

Just leave it. Nerf the pistol. Then people will be forced to use crack shot for great close ranged damage.

nocturnal
    it should give strix some resistance to anything revealling him and the bonus would be reduced to 30% to avoid it of being broken

Nocturnal benefits a playstile that reduces your uptime. It's just not good.
    Maybe reduce the bonus and remove the energy cost for activation.

and the flare one
    just remove it the CD reduced by 10s

That would kill it.

Actually the talent is fine. What's not fine is that his flare is a team-wide reveal that goes through stealth. Just make his reveal no longer team-wide and not through stealth and it'll be fine.

tyra
    she just need an escape skill replacing one of her skills

And moji needs an ability to fly.
    Nope. It's just not her playstile. She can't run away. But in return she has a lot of DPS in her effective range so she isn't necessarily forced to run.

burn monster
    remove the cripple effect or change it to just a slow, or let the cripple but reduce or remove bonus damage

Buff fire bomb's damage back again and nerf the burn monster bonus damage. And the fire should no longer spread around. That just sucks.

viktor
    just a numb champion
    hustle should have or a CD or a limited time of use (cause viktor cause run faster than maeve than a horse for like forever)

He isn't faster than a horse. Horses grant 100% movement speed I think.
    Viktor is fine. He's not that bursty, but he has great consistent dps. Viktor excels an nothing but consistency but has also no obvious weakness in return. He can deal lots of damage. He's balanced. And actually useful, even on higher levels.
    Don't make the mistake to think that viktor is bad. He's actually pretty good. In the hands of a good player, you can easily outdamage everybody.

cardio

It's not that good since it's not really a viable playtstile on higher levels of play. It's not useless though.

firefight and gunnery

Viktor is actually a great champion. He's easy for beginners to pick up with talents that are simple and easy to understand. On the otherhand he's still viable at higher levels since his kit, as simple as it is, has a lot of potential. There are a lot of unoriginal talents out there, these are fine.

shrapnel
    this one is a good one

yes i don't like viktor

Obviously. I have no idea why though.

vivian
    lower her damage output but remove or reduce the slow effect while firing
    what's the point of the slow effect on sights since it's the same as the normal one and it doesn't stack (luckily because if it does then she can't move at all)

Because you should be also slowed while scoping but not firing.
    Vivian just needs that little bit of increased movement speed.

willo
    the most underestimated champions i may say
    but her skills have a too high CD

blastflower
    i didn't know it could be his op omg, but hum, is there like a limit time for the bonus damage?

nightshade
    maybe it should be changed to deals X damage when someone enter dead zone, or enemies in dead zone takes X more damage from you

Nightshade is fine. It allows willo to outduel flanks pretty easily. No need for a change unless it's a CDR for deadzone.

scorched earth
    just so op x) but very situational

Change it so it destroys shields in a way that doesn't allow cards of the kind "The CD for your shield is reduced by X seconds for every X damage it takes" to get easy CDR.

scorn
    maybe it could be changed to just pop more seedlings?

just make it increase the AoE of seedlings, too.

Willo has the problem that she can either be really effective against tanks with blastflower or outduel flanks with nightshade, but never both. You want to survive 1v1s against a flank? Guess you can't really do much work against tanks anymore. You want to wreck these tanks? Be prepared to get killed every time an enemy flank shows up. She needs 100 additional base damage.

flank

androxus
    he is good, super difficult to play feel balanced but defiance is really weird to use and not better than just using your revolver (but have no idea how to change it)

dark stalker
    really good talent since you can now 4-5 shot any damage and flank, 4 shot....come on 4 shot what is the use of this talent?? it allows you to deal 100 more damage when target is below 40% health and not healed, 100 bonus damage, 100...it should be higher...

Andro can shoot almost 3 times every seconds. So 4-shotting people means killing them in less than 1.5 seconds. That's not bad at all. Andro doesn't need more burst damage though, he has already one of the highest DPS inhands in the game, if not the highest DPS inhand in the entire game if you add the headshot damage.

defiant fist
    well 10 shots later you can deal a 1400 damage burst, and since almost all champs are above 2000 health you still need 1 punch and 2 shot to kill something
    i think either the charging rate or max bonus damage should be higher

Defiant fist - just like many of the new legendaries - is just a bad idea and needs a rework.

godslayer
    feel useless to me since reversal so impossible to hit with
    i think it could be changed to reverse any damage taken, kind of dealing the damage you take during reversal to the one who is hiting you
    or change the use of reversal this way, reversal now negate the first damage taken and deals damage = to your missing else (or a % of it) to the one who inflicted damage to reversal and reversal now last 0.5s (or smething like this)

Reversal isn't that hard to hit if you have decent precision.

heads will roll
    well themost used talent
    the 2 ammo bonus feels stupid since yuo have a revolver, and a revolver is supposed to have 6 ammo not 8, also the bonus damage could be a little higher to compensate and be able to 2 headshot something else than just some flank below 2000 health (healers for exemple)

I'm not a fan of headshot bonus damage legendaries at all since headshots are just too random and impossible to predict.

buck
    i don't play him much, but he is good champion, although i would like him to have a different shotgun with more ammo better fire rate and less damage or something like 2 ammo but higher damage, and not something between both options

Buck's weapon is fine.

bounce house
    no one uses this
    it could be good to add maybe a stun or cripple effect instead of the knockup

Maybe add a slow... it's mainly used for the bonus burst damage though. Land on someone and shoot him with your gun and the net... it's 1500 damage in about 1 second.

bucking madness
    no uses this
    it is way too situational, maybe with an effect like no CD during buck wild (in addition or replacement of the current effect i don't know) and remove the 15% charge rate

Ult talents are pretty much all just bad since they're too situational since you won't ult ever 10 seconds.

bulk up
    i'd like the effect to change into
    recovery now don't channel and heal for an additionnal X

Bulk up is fine. I think that the DR loadout card needs a tweak though.

ensnare
    this one is good and the balance needs to come from other cards

After the recent concussion nerf, ensnare is fine now.

evie
    she is well balanced to me, but she could use having 1900 health (so she don't die from a single sniper headshot)

Evie is the most mobile champion in the game, she's supposed to rely on mobility instead of HP.

wormhole
    good as it is (i even think sometimes that evie could have the effect in her base kit, but maybe it would make her too op)

Wormhole is what makes evie evie right now. Nerf WH, buff the other talents or her base kit, then she'll be fine.

lex
    he is lexelent lol
    well this is not from me but i liked the idea a lot
    remove the autoaim and make rmb and lmb fire respectively his right and left gun and change maybe reloading rate or damage to compensate, also combat slide is crap for now because it can't be used above ground so maybe change this and augment range and CD could be good

What bothers me about lex is the auto-aim, but even more the RNG on retribution. Why should stuff like this depend on RNG? Especially if you pair it with discovery... It shouldn't be random who you get your bonus damage against.

Remove RNG from retribution, but nerf it and the loadout cards/talents for it to make up for that.

maeve
    her base kit is good but prowl should either last forever or not be canceled when you attack (or at least not cancel it as long as you don't do any damage) or be changed by a talent (see below)

Prowl shouldn't last forever since it gives you just incredibly mobility. What would be the point of using a horse then since you get the huge jump bonus additionally?

street justice
    bonus damage should be capped at 800 or the talent completely changed to give pounce a second charge

Just make the bonus damage work like Tyra's mercy kill: Based on percentage HP, not actual HP.

moji
    i think the gameplay should be more focused on hiting target with max charge (like reducing the base damage of a charge and augmenting the 10 charge damage)
    also reduce the range of spray is needed because it is so stupid for now (you have more range than nando)

Moji shouldn't get any kind of nerf. Just increase the bonus damage she gets on max lvl magic mark by additional 100 so she becomes more effective while having a higher skill ceiling (since you couldn't use that potential just holding RMB+LMB)
    And buff her ult. It sucks. It's a bad version of a drogoz ult + pip ult (like all the disadvantages combined)

toot
    i think it could give the possibility of using barrier and scamper at the same time

Toot is what makes moji viable right now. Rework toot and put this in her base kit?

yummy
    this is stupid but x)

It's as crap as moji's ult.

talus
    increase a little the blitz hitbox cause it is so tiny now

Funny how people suddenly complain that you need actual skill to hit this ability now.

faustian bargain
    i like this one but i think it should give a damage reduction or passive healing or increase something while the rune is active (and maybe increase rune CD if too op)

Yeah, the CD should be reduced

raging demon
    this is useless, maybe it could instead increase the basic fire rate (of normal attack) instead?

Nope. Flat damage bonus to the inhands is even worse than flat bonus damage on stuff like headshots and direct hits.

zhin
    so op as it is now
    most problems comes ffrom cards or his skills which makes him too safe
    so reduce scaling of some cards could be good
    and counter can just counter everything even ults...isn't it a bit too op?

Counter needs to be nerfed to force him into billow more often.
    Shouldn't counter all CC anymore.
    Should no longer make you damage immune during the animation of countering something

guillotine
    i think it could instead of augmenting the charge rate avoid any heals for the target but that is maybe too powerful (basically it becomes dragon punch but you can't kill enemies with cc immune)

Spite already does prevent any heals. It already is a second dragon punch.

smolder
    good for survive but not so op

yomi
    could be change to : heavy hit deals 200 more damage and (or passes trough enemies or has no range limit, i prefer passes trough enemies) also the range of heavy hit could but augmented (or in stats or by a card)

AoE damage and no range limit should both be not a thing against flank who is supposed to excel in close ranged 1v1s. Yomi is just horrible by its core idea and needs to be reworked entirely.

frontline

ash
    she is good but anyone with cc reduce or cc immuninity rekt her
    maybe she could use a passive or card or something giving her a counter to the cc immune or reduce

batternig ram
    this one is useless
    i think it should reduce the channeling time instead

It's great. At least it used to be when it still have CC immunity.
    Reduce the DR to 60% and bring CC immunity back.

fortress breaker
    this one is ok as it is

The issue about Ash is that she has no ability to sustain herself since her shield is crap.
    I'd rather make it this big by default and fortress braker should make it even bigger or prevent enemies from walking through it.

rally here
    instead of giving a higher charging rate make her imune to cc during the jump maybe

All ults should be counterable in some way. It's fine.

slug shot
    i like this one but maybe adding an other effect to it would be good

Just remove the stupid range buff and revert it to 50% but bring some bonus damage back

nando
    he is good but his ult seems bugged
    it is written cannot be affected by damage over time effects but this doesn't seem to applies (or i just missunderstand the ult?)

aegis
    this feels bad and completely useless
    i think it should increase the shield health but what would be good would be to make nando fire while shield is up

Just decrease the CD to 8s like it used to be and make nando immune against any CC that interrupts his shield while using it.

dragonfire lance
    increase the damage (and maybe decrease firerate?)

This talent is dumb. Another example for a new 4th talent with horrible core idea... just like about 80% of them.

formidable
    i think it should not be affected by caut and the healing reduced to 25-30%

Just make caut affect it but make it heal for 25% at least no matter how much caut gets applied (like pip's ult will always go for at least 2s no matter how much CC red you have)

inara
    she is now well balanced and pretty op

mother's grace
    this one is really good and shouldn't be changed

the cripple one
    i just think cripple in a radius is pretty stupid and op but well it's ok at least it's not like the fire who kill you in 2sec

Just make the damage reduction for her deployabled on earthen guard exclusive to mother's grace. the cripple is fine as long as you can take down the field with just these 1500 dmg.

tremors
    why none uses this one it's so op

Not really. The other ones are better. Tremors just has no good loadout cards to back it up unless you want to play flying Inara. Maybe remove one of the impasse loadout cards and add one that says "Impasse grants X% DR as long as it is active"

and wrath
    since i can't land 3 shot in a row xD i can't tell if op or not

It's crap because it doesn't fit Inara's playstile. She's great at sustain, not damage.

khan
    you buffed him too much
    reduce a little his damage and his ult should have a limited time when he can just grab you and let you there where you can't do anything

His ult should depend more on skill. It needs to be easier to counter, easier to miss but skilled players should be able to get more value with it.

storm
    does it even augment his dps? point of firing faster but with less power...

It does. But it's not good.

lian's shield
    this one ok

It's not good, too

firing lane
    so freaking op
    should reduce either the 4s or remove bonus damage

It's great. It makes Khan Khan. Khan is only great cuz of firing line. The bonus damage and CC immunity is just so good. Reduce the CC immunity to 2s for allies. Reduce the bonus damage.

vortex grip
    this one is good

since it's not firing line, it's not good, too.

Makoa
    is grab is so op, i think it should affected somehow by resilience (but not any cc reduce card)

It's what makes koa strong, even OP if you can hit all your hooks. It needs a whole new thread to discuss this one.

DJL
    good one but not used at all

cuz it's not good.

half shell
    good but maybe grant more health to shield o rdamage reduction to koa or even a bonus damage for those who are in it

HS is his second best legendary and great if you have something like a drogoz on the enemy team. Really no need for a buff.

leviathan
    the cc immmune should be a natural effect of his ult
    the card could then increase the damage he deal during ancient rage

It's his best talent. No need for a buff.

pluck
    pretty op no need change

It sucks. It's only good if you're playing as off-tank or against a to tank team

ruckus
    fix the headhitbox... you can even headshot from behind, come on, behind...
    but overall he has been well balanced

You can hit headshots from behind on pretty much every champion.

as for talent.... it is just that rocket barage is way to op
    altought, overdrive is useless
    i have no clue what to change in fact

Reduce the projectile speed of the rockets so they're not that effective on range. Increase dmg fall-off. Unnerf HP.

terminus
    he has too many bugs ...and power siphon is powerful...

Pretty much all his talents are viable right now. Maybe the DR one needs a buff. But he's pretty well balanced now. Only power siphon needs less energy.

torvald
    i hate him, nullify should durate less longer deal less damage but goes trough walls maybe

Balance him to make him less of a shield slave. Take power from his bubble and put it into him.

support

i don't play support a lot so i won't really talk much about them

grohk
    i don't like how he heals because it can only works if you are coordinated with the team
    as for talents i think they are fine

He needs a way to spread his heals around... maybe rework the useless spirit's domain one to make shock pulse heal allies?

grover
    he is really weird as is weapon do more damage when you stay far but his heal can only heal when close
    what is the range of vine? this skill feels weird to use for me
    also he may use a little more healing in terms of value
    his talents are also fine

He's pretty much only viable with that effloressence build right now. He's good as solo heal then, but his damage needs to be unnerfed to make ferocity viable again.

jenos
    he is probably the best support among all
    for talents, binary star is kinda useless

He isn't. Damba is. Jenos is only useful for triple DPS cuz of luminary right now. Pretty much all talents except for luminary need a buff. But nerf luminary a bit in return.

damba
    i can't plat this guy he is so damn hard
    his ult is kinda stupid because it is affected by any cc immunity or reduce

ripened gourd
    this is useless, i'd prefer it to give a 2s cc immune to any ally in it when it lands

other talents are fine

His ult is great. Damba is great. He's the hardest support to play, but the best one. He's balanced tho.

pip
    everything about him is good, so many ways to play him all talents are usefull somehow and i never know what is the best to go with
    if you play good you can heal as much with megapotion as with mischief for exemple

He's mainly viable as dmg pip. Mega potion only works with a well coordinated team like top eSports teams. Mischief is meh and combat medic is crap.

seris
    her ult has the same problem as damba's one

soul collector
    it's useless, it should be completely different or maybe a scale of 1% but an increased max stack (to be able to go further than 16%)

mortal reach
    is this supposed to turn her into jenos? it's a good one but i usually don't use the 1s more duration

This is only good because it gives you the bonus second for powerful single target heal.
    The range is pretty unnecessary now. It used to be good when her default range was like the range of a nando ult and this talent brought it up to the current range, but... now the range isn't that important anymore. Void abides is still king.

ying
    her dimmensionnal link is really bad skill it should work an other way
    also shatter makes illusion to expire really quick
    her illusions have lots of bugs also

DimLink is fine, it just requires skill.

resonance
    maybe it should either increase shatter's damage or increase shatter's range

lifelike
    i hate this one, i think it could be changed so that you could have up to 3 illusions at the same time (but illusions would heal less i guess)

Her talents are fine, just life exchange is crap and needs a rework... it's one of the new 4th talents and it's crap like many of them.

i think this is all, thanks for reading
    tell me your thoughts about this (should i change the colours?)
    Damn, that's a lot. Answers in bold.

Next time please make different threads in the sub forums for each role, this is just too much.
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Bugs have feelings, too! They don't like to be ignored! So pay attention to them, please.

BALANCE CONSOLE AND PC SEPARATELY

THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

We're having a discussion. That doesn't work like ranting and shouting out bias without giving any kind of reason or detail.

Beta Player Knight FlickMontana's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 31 days registered Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    viktor
    just a numb champion

cardio

firefight and gunnery

shrapnel
    this one is a good one

yes i don't like viktor
    As a Cardio Viktor with a 7.5 K : D, I laugh at you in Russian.

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarenzed View Post

Next time please make different threads in the sub forums for each role, this is just too much.
    Yeah maybe I should have
    But I think people tend to read more what's here than what's in subsections
    Plus I intended to add others stuff about overall balance (such as items or cards ) didn't do it because it was long enough
    I really hope hirez read this and consider reworking some talents (not necessarily as I suggest it) because I think I have never seen any evie playing snow globe (or maybe just once) for example

Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    Tyra

First blood - give 30% lifesteal
    first blood
    use of this? with cauterize? i'd like to see it changed for a bonus speed effect
    I haven't played in a while and haven't played Tyra in a long time but Tyra is still one of my go to DD champion with this card. This card is more useful than it looks
    Even against cauterize 3, this card helps Tyra wins duels cause it stacks with Life rip 3 making you have 60% lifesteal while you apply cauterize back at the enemy.

Add the speed boosts cards in your loadout, you get a fast running and regenerating Tyra .
    Last edited by GaoShun; 06-06-2018 at 05:27 AM.
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Beta Player Viscount JoshYarIvar's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    For Royal Subjects, make it only when it is stuck on to something. That way its less of an aim assist but still is useful.
    Signatures are meant to be short, sweet, and witty!!!!

So... lets pretend this one fits all those requirements, k?

Come to the Pyreside, we have cookies! They were for Santa but he's on a diet.

Beta Player Knight KiritoXtreme's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    When you say a "XX talent is very situational" its just a nice way of saying that the talent is entirely useless in the current meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarenzed View Post

@Sarenzed next time you type a reply; please stop from quoting the entire post xD
    Be wary of pumpkins.

They kinda suck - both deadly and tasteless.

Beta Player Knight KiritoXtreme's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshYarIvar View Post
    For Royal Subjects, make it only when it is stuck on to something. That way its less of an aim assist but still is useful.
    It is meant to be a aim assist for noobs; the entire intention was that - you can probably only get hirez to nerf the explosion size but never remove it. When it first came out in the PTS before cards unbound cancer came live it was like 85% increase at max level from the current 30% in game. Think about the cancer :|
    Be wary of pumpkins.

They kinda suck - both deadly and tasteless.

Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3
    It's actually also useful for AoE dmg, spamming around corners and better damage on long range where people will try to dodge your inhands.

But on lower elo it's just that aim assist for noobs and you can't nerf it without nerfing what it grants to pros who don't need it as aim assist.
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Bugs have feelings, too! They don't like to be ignored! So pay attention to them, please.

BALANCE CONSOLE AND PC SEPARATELY

THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

We're having a discussion. That doesn't work like ranting and shouting out bias without giving any kind of reason or detail.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KiritoXtreme View Post
    When you say a "XX talent is very situational" its just a nice way of saying that the talent is entirely useless in the current meta.

@Sarenzed next time you type a reply; please stop from quoting the entire post xD

yeah kinda
    and pls don't quote my post^^ too long
    Here are my guides, I'm constantly improving/modifying them and keeping them up to date
    If you have any guide requests just ask me
    I'd be glad to have feedback about these guides

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...31-way-to-skye
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...830#post554830