Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flankers Balancing 1- Lex

Beta Player Recruit xRogueHunterXx's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered

Flankers Balancing 1- Lex

When I need to start talking about lex..I mean where should I start. Autoaim ability,high accurancy and big projectile size and also his mobiity ability is kinda meh. Here is my idea how to make lex being viable for competitive.

1. Change the weapon style:

Since OB57 his weapon got reworked which actually did not fix Lex at all. Buff his damage to 650 every 0.6 seconds. However the old attack speed (0.7s) was pretty slow. To compensate with the attack speed 650 dmg instead of 680. He and Androxus were better without the semi automatic weapon so I would just recommend to remove that. Lex is meant to be a duelist and deals high burst damage up to mid range but not a spamming nightmare in low tier games.

2. Hitbox-Fixes

The reason it is so easy to shoot with him besides his attack speed is the hitbox of the bullets .It is too big and needs to get changed like makoas anchor size. It would basically be the same move.
    [B]

3. Rework In Pursuit, Retribution and adjust Combat Slide

First of all In Pursuit. Auto aim abilities should not exist in a hero shooter game and lower the skill floor drastically. Retribution is basically useless. The cooldown is really high (30 seconds) and it autolocks a random enemy. Combat Slide Needs some tweaks as well.
    Rework Idea: Remove Retribution and move the ability idea to In Pursuit (RMB) It will now lock on an enemy and increase his attack speed for a limited time as long its active.The cooldown would be much lower now maybe like 14 seconds and the duration maybe 6 seconds ->make it channeled like evies ice block. His Q will be renamed in "Hands Of Justice" It will have an similar animation like his ult but just a 800 damage shot (AOE) . Make combat slide a bit more smooth. The whole animation looks weird. Otherwhise it is fine just that one thing makes it meh.

4. Rework his talents:

Discovery: Now deals 25% more damage on your revealed target by In Pursuit
    (The talent itsself got overused since his reveal was permanent with the changes its fine)
    The Law Won:Hands of Justice now is direct damage and its projectile is faster but has a 1.5 seconds
    delay
    Death Hastens:The Law now always deals 100% damage of the enemies health but is no longer
    autolocked and only hits 1 target
    Heroism: A stable talent which could work in certain situations where CC might be a problem for Lex

5.Change his cards to compensate:

Fortitude: Using Hands of Justice heals you for {75|75}% health

Inescapable: Activating In Pursuit grants you {5|5}% Movement
    Speed

Keen Sight: Increase the duration of In Pursuit by {5|5}seconds

Assail: Reduce the cooldown of Hands of Justice by {0.5|0.5}seconds

However this is just an idea of mine in order to make Lex more viable. He is not like Evie or Maeve with high vertical mobility. With the weapon change it should bring him in line with hitscan champions but with the removal of the auto aim he shouldnt be able to frustrate players in lower tiers anymore. The whole point is making him being more skill required like it is suppose to work.
    Last edited by xRogueHunterXx; 05-30-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Ehh I've seen Better Lex Re-works. I suggest keeping Retribution as its pretty unique and a cool method of getting credits, Also is your "Hand of Justice" Just a weaker Lian Presence. I mean this would be a straight nerf to the character.(and he isn't even that strong to begin with)
    Paladins Community: "Tyra is the lowest Skill Cap Character in the Game"

Me: Shamelessly Makes Guide About the Power of the Untamed Huntress

Paladins Community: "Tyra Has such an Uninspired Kit"

Me: Shamelessly Makes Proposed Re-work And Shamelessly Promotes Guide and Re-work in signature

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    You should probably learn how a champion's weapon works before making balance suggestions. Lex is hitscan, not projectile.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamael View Post
    You should probably learn how a champion's weapon works before making balance suggestions. Lex is hitscan, not projectile.
    First of all read carefully what i wrote. The Q ability is suppose to be AOE dmg and even with the talent reworked it would ve been projectile.So before telling me to learn stuff read correctly.

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    creo que lex esta bien como esta ahora, ademas lex no es un campeon con proyectiles,, sus disparos tiene el mismo hitbox que viktor,tyra,vivian, andro, khan, jenos, etc...

Level
    Achievements:
    Once more. I am not dumb I know Lex is a hitscan champion. When i said projectile size i meant the size of his bullets. Dont take every single little thing so serious lol.

Beta Player Esquire NoScopeZone's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamael View Post
    And you should probably learn to read carefully what he wrote, instead of talking nonsense. And yeah semi automatic needs to be removed immediatly, if you want andro and lex to be viable again in competitive or elsewhere.
    Paladins rank s2: Platinum II

Paladins 4 LIFE

Best game ever

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive
    All I mind about lex is his auto-aim and retribution... RNG like this shouldn't be a thing at all.

Reduce the bonuses etc but make it so you can chose your target or entirely rework the ability.

Both auto-aim and RNG with big impact shouldn't be a thing in a game that wants to be an eSports game.
    Vote on how to nerf Fusillade!

Rework Jenos Celestial Touch for more burst heal

THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarenzed View Post
    All I mind about lex is his auto-aim and retribution... RNG like this shouldn't be a thing at all.

Reduce the bonuses etc but make it so you can chose your target or entirely rework the ability.

Both auto-aim and RNG with big impact shouldn't be a thing in a game that wants to be an eSports game.
    yea..exactly a flanker doesnt randomly attack somebody he needs to know who to attack and when. Retribution is just bad and makes Discovery only viable unlike the rest. His kits are one sided and boring. Besides the reveal all he does is spamming his shots, it is nothing more than that. Frustrating for lower elo players and bad for lex himself in higher elos.

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by xRogueHunterXx View Post
    yea..exactly a flanker doesnt randomly attack somebody he needs to know who to attack and when. Retribution is just bad and makes Discovery only viable unlike the rest. His kits are one sided and boring. Besides the reveal all he does is spamming his shots, it is nothing more than that. Frustrating for lower elo players and bad for lex himself in higher elos.
    Lex is like a TDM champion by design. His kit gets hurt by strategy. That's just dumb.
    Vote on how to nerf Fusillade!

Rework Jenos Celestial Touch for more burst heal

THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.