Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nerf Street justice

Beta Player Marquess FluffyRuff's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Nerf? no, This should be removed from the game or reworked.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Genavelle View Post
    Cat Burglar requires you to land your daggers (and specifically the first ones after prowl if you want the bonus damage). This can be avoided by players moving out of the way, or using shields. Or if you have to get really close to land the daggers, then that puts you at risk because Maeve is very squishy. And while 2-shotting another Flank or a Sniper is strong, let's remember that those are both very squishy champions that are your prime targets.

The reason why Street Justice is OP is because it doesn't matter WHO you attack, whether it's a Flank, or a Damage, or a Tank. It does the same % damage to everyone, regardless of their HP. It goes through shields, so there's no way to stop it. And then Maeve can just reset her cooldowns and do 2 pounces in a row, which takes a HUUUGE chunk away from the target, and there's little to nothing they can do to stop it. I'm an Inara main, and I'll tell you that it's no fun trying to cap the point (fighting off enemy tanks and trying to avoid the enemy dmg and all that), when a Maeve runs in and just double-pounces and melts me. I'm one of the tankiest champs in the game, and there is NOTHING I can do to stop this huge portion of my health from being zapped away.

I don't mind Maeve having some good damage abilities. I wouldn't even mind it going through shields so much. But Flanks CANNOT have percentage-based skills like Street Justice. Flanks are meant to be chasing down lone squishies and finishing off kills. They are not supposed to be melting frontlines with barely any effort (or at all). Percentage based skills like this are a lazy design, and completely unbalanced.
    So your saying that Tyra's percent ability shouldn't be nerf. It has 100 percent based off damage missing. Since she is damaged it's ok for her to wreck a tank in less time then Maeve? Anyway no it wouldn't make sense for pounce not to go through a sheiks. She is technically going into to you. It's like Genji in OW. His dash can go through a sheiks. Also cat burglar combined with Wrecker is an instant sheiks break. I do get the arguments of Street Justice but if it's damage people hate cat burglar steals the show.

Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by KosMos View Post
    I don't get why people say street Justice is op. As a Maeve main ( on console mind you) I'd say cat burglar is op. She can do 2080 Damage in two seconds killing a Skye in 2 hits. Leaving most kinessa players unable to de-scope when they realize they have been hit. Perhaps no one complains because you need to be accurate. However I do believe cat burglar is stronger then street Justice.
    Cat burglar only gives you a total of 480 bonus damage per prowl. It's not that bursty, you need to hit every single dagger, and it doesn't go through shields. I'm not talking about a vivian shield, I'm talking about a nando shield. Pounce can just completely ignore it.

SJ allows you to deal like 1300 damage with an ability that usually deals only 400 dmg. If you're falling below 50% HP, you're pretty much dead against SJ maeve, no matter if you're a tank, DD or support. She'll just RMB+Q+RMB (pounce, nine lives, pounce) and take down the remaining HP, even through a shield you might have up. She'll just burst about 3k damage in about 2 seconds. And unlike e.g. a drogoz salvo-spit, you have no way to bock it except for abilities that make you untargetable (which only a few champions have and not a single tank), a solid obstacle like inara's wall (you can still just jump around it), and flat DR (which will only mitigate the damage and you'll still take a lot)

Tanks have shields to prevent fire for a short moment to heal up again. Maeve will just kill them off through their shields.

That's why SJ is so good. As long as you have pounce and nine lives ready, you can just erase any tank at 50% HP or below from the battlefield.

Cat burglar is only good against low HP champions, missing one dagger, or even one dagger blocked by a vivian or torv shield or an ability like damba's slither will heavily increase the time you need to kill your enemy.

SJ maeve just deletes tanks since it can ignore their primary abilities for sustain.
    PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME

Bugs have feelings, too! They don't like to be ignored! So pay attention to them, please.

BALANCE CONSOLE AND PC SEPARATELY

THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

We're having a discussion. That doesn't work like ranting and shouting out bias without giving any kind of reason or detail.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Tagger First Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 2
    Uh cat burglar does 520 a dagger twice. And it's still a huge disadvantage on tanks. Cat burglar plus wrecker equals sheild gone. I've taken a rukus sheild out with that talent as soon as he brings it up. Either way those two things are what is keeping her alive.

Banned Grand Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    @Genavelle, in some situation I've blocked maeve pounce using well timed warden field with cripple LC, its still not super efficient due to CD and shit, but provide at least a bit of breathing vs sj from time to time, I do admit that saving your warden ONLY for maeve does cripple inara a lot during cap and push phases.

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    As Maeve main.

Nerf street justice. Limit bonus damage or rework it completely, this ability makes wrong sence about flanking.

Buff base kit a little (a little, but NOT too much, make it with little steps if you are not sure in numbers)

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KosMos View Post
    So your saying that Tyra's percent ability shouldn't be nerf. It has 100 percent based off damage missing. Since she is damaged it's ok for her to wreck a tank in less time then Maeve? Anyway no it wouldn't make sense for pounce not to go through a sheiks. She is technically going into to you. It's like Genji in OW. His dash can go through a sheiks. Also cat burglar combined with Wrecker is an instant sheiks break. I do get the arguments of Street Justice but if it's damage people hate cat burglar steals the show.
    Um yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. Because Tyra is damage and Maeve is a flank. Tyra's primary job is to put pressure on the point and deal strong, sustained damage. Maeve's job is to pick off lone squishies and finish off weak opponents; flanks are meant to be high burst, mobile champions. See, there are 3 main factors to a champion: Tankiness, Mobility, and Damage. These should ideally be distributed differently according to each Champion's class, and each class will be stronger in one of these areas than the others. Frontlines excel in tankiness- they have large health pools, shields, and other skills/cards that do things like grant them extra healing or reduce damage intake, etc. They generally are weaker in the mobility and damage areas to balance them out. Damage champions should excel in the damage department, because that is their primary job- to deal strong, sustained damage. However, many damage champions are weaker in tankiness and mobility. Flanks are ideally the most mobile champions in the game (although this all got a little confused in the giant mobility nerf last year), with high burst damage- not sustained damage- and they generally are the squishiest of all classes. Now each champion has these distributed a little differently, to make them all unique...but in general this is how it should work.

So yes, it is perfectly fine for Tyra to deal more damage than Maeve, because Tyra has zero mobility and I'm pretty sure she has damage falloff at range. Tyra is one of the least mobile champions in the game, so she SHOULD have strong damage to make up for it. Maeve on the other hand, has a lot of mobility and a LOT of damage potential. I'm fine with Maeve having strong burst damage, because she's very squishy and loud, but she should not be able to do so much damage to tanks, in so little time, with so little counters.

If my Inara, on her "Tanky" build, is at 50% HP, and a Maeve double pounces me with SJ, she will do roughly 1880 damage, in a span of what, 2-3 seconds? And there is almost NOTHING I can do to stop this from happening. Double pounce me and throw your daggers once, and I'm pretty much dead. That is a Maeve killing a half-health Inara who is about as tanky as you can get, in less than 5 seconds. Tell me that's not too strong for a Flank.

Quote Originally Posted by EpplZ View Post
    @Genavelle, in some situation I've blocked maeve pounce using well timed warden field with cripple LC, its still not super efficient due to CD and shit, but provide at least a bit of breathing vs sj from time to time, I do admit that saving your warden ONLY for maeve does cripple inara a lot during cap and push phases.
    I figured that Warders Field's cripple would probably stop her pounce, but see Maeve's are EASY to kill with Inara when they're solo. I've had more issues where I'll be trying to cap the point and be fighting possibly 1-2 tanks, and maybe even a damage or healer on the point. I could be doing okay, I could even be winning this fight. But then a Maeve comes in and double pounces me with SJ? I melt and die before I can even react to it. And when you're fighting people on the point, it's easy to not see the Maeve coming at you; you're distracted by enemies in front of you, possibly have a lot of graphic effects going on in front of you, and Maeve is very fast. Plus, I'm not sure if she comes in and pounces straight on my head, without touching the ground, if Warders Field would even affect her.

Anyways, I don't want Maeve to be weak and overnerfed like she used to be. I just think Hi-Rez really fucked up with Street Justice. The design is bad, and they nerfed her whole base kit just so that they could put SJ into the game without it being even worse than it already is. Maeve was pretty good before SJ, she just needed some limitations to her range, and maybe a few other small tweaks.
    The Stone Oracle of Blades

Beta Player Baron TheDestroyer10's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Just delete this from the game.... cant block with shields, cant block with mojis barrier, andros reversal, this talent is a joke... like what should i do, when i playing with moji, and comes meave, and im dead, lmb,rmb,q,rmb... in less then a 3 sec... balanced...
    Last edited by TheDestroyer10; 06-04-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I agree, it does too much burst against tanks, but in order to nerf this talent they would have to buff another part of her kit as to avoid her becoming useless.
    Need a Flanker? There is Pip
    Need a Damage? There is also Pip
    Need a Support? There is Pip
    Need a Front line? There is Pip helping the Front line

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    they just need to rework it completely this talent is not belongs to a flank champion
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,