View Poll Results: READ THE POST BEFORE VOTING: How should fusillade be balanced

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

2 5.00%

5 12.50%

6 15.00%

7 17.50%

2 5.00%

3 7.50%

12 30.00%

3 7.50%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusillade balance

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive

Fusillade balance

I made several different threads about balancing fusillade the last months concerning several ways to do so. Now i just want to put up a poll to get an overview about all of the opinions.

Please note: I do not intend to nerf Drogoz as a champion. A nerf to fusillade would probably allow us to buff Drogoz in a different way without making fusillade drogoz OP. But that's just my opinion.
    This poll is just about bringing fusillade in line with the other legendaries regardless of balancing Drogoz as a champion.

1. Reduce bonus damage to 30%: Damage would be still above 1100, he's still two-shot flanks and supports, but it would be easier to mitigate the damage with blast shields
    2. Bonus damage no longer applies to salvo: Fusillade salvo-spit combo deals up to 3000 damage in about a second. TTK increase blah blah. Self-explanatory.
    3. Reduce bonus damage to 25%: Damage is now below 1100, he can no longer two-shot supports, it would be a lot easier to mitigate his damage with blast shields.
    4. 1.+2.
    5. 2.+3.
    6. Bonus damage decreases and finally disappears over range: Kinda like just breathe cassie, just the opposite: Since fusillade is supposed to allow you to 2-shot tanks, you should get good bonus damage on short range, but with the projectile speed increase it's just too easy to get the bonus damage on long range.
    7. Revert projectile speed buff (partly?) and buff drogoz base kit in a different way: I personally really don't like this one since the projectile speed increase was really necessary imo, but I've seen some other drogoz mains suggesting this, so it'll be an option in the poll.
    8. Rework Fusillade entirely: For those people who think that the core idea - two-shotting flanks - shouldn't be a thing at all
    9. Bonus damage now applies for a few seconds after using Thrust: Fusillade is like a straight buff to his base kit right now. Special thanks to Eloxist for this idea.

Feel free to give some replies about your reasons.

EDIT 1: Suggestion 9 reworked from "Buff/ don't nerf fusillade" into the current one before anybody voted for number 9.
    Last edited by Sarenzed; 05-26-2018 at 09:35 AM.
    Vote on how to nerf Fusillade!

Rework Jenos Celestial Touch for more burst heal

THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Overdrive Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    2 + 3 seem like the easiest, most direct and efficient option.

Number 6 also seems interesting, that way you wouldn't be sniped by Drogoz (because doing 1k damage over a long range isn't really his role)

An Idea I had myself was to, not decrease the damage bonus at all, but make it so you get the damage bonus for 3-ish seconds after using Thrust. Kinda like Over the Moon for Evie (I know they are totally different characters but just making an example) because I think my main problem with Fussilade is that its pretty much a buff to his base kit.
    We are slowly entering a snipy-bursty low ttk meta.

We better drift away from it otherwise this game might lose a ton of players.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloxist View Post
    2 + 3 seem like the easiest, most direct and efficient option.

Number 6 also seems interesting, that way you wouldn't be sniped by Drogoz (because doing 1k damage over a long range isn't really his role)

An Idea I had myself was to, not decrease the damage bonus at all, but make it so you get the damage bonus for 3-ish seconds after using Thrust. Kinda like Over the Moon for Evie (I know they are totally different characters but just making an example) because I think my main problem with Fussilade is that its pretty much a buff to his base kit.
    I came up with an idea to rework Reign of Terror basically into this: Bonus damage after thrust.
    I like the idea. I'll change number 9 to this since nobody'll want to buff fusillade anyways.
    Last edited by Sarenzed; 05-26-2018 at 09:35 AM.

THE ABILITY TO READ IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. CONSIDER TO READ A POST BEFORE YOU GIVE DUMB REPLIES.

Beta Player Viscount FluffyRuff's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I like number 3 a lot more tbh.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Number 1. + 2 for me

if your a support and you don't buy Blast shields to combat a a good enemy Drogoz, then that's your problem not the games. Plus this still allow for Blast shield to in some way stay relevant
    Paladins Community: "Tyra is the lowest Skill Cap Character in the Game"

Me: Shamelessly Makes Guide About the Power of the Untamed Huntress

Paladins Community: "Tyra Has such an Uninspired Kit"

Me: Shamelessly Makes Proposed Re-work And Shamelessly Promotes Guide and Re-work in signature

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    1+2 or increase his default damage and bring up fusilade bonus to 25%

Stop trying to make drogoz useless again, you guys act like it's easy to get in thr face of some enemy and blast him intill you're out of ammo since positioning is still a thing in this game

Any decent flank OR dps can melt him down

The amount of anticipation required is still high even with the slug speed buff.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by m69 View Post
    1+2 or increase his default damage and bring up fusilade bonus to 25%

Stop trying to make drogoz useless again, you guys act like it's easy to get in thr face of some enemy and blast him intill you're out of ammo since positioning is still a thing in this game

Any decent flank OR dps can melt him down

The amount of anticipation required is still high even with the slug speed buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarenzed View Post
    Please note: I do not intend to nerf Drogoz as a champion. A nerf to fusillade would probably allow us to buff Drogoz in a different way without making fusillade drogoz OP. But that's just my opinion.
    This poll is just about bringing fusillade in line with the other legendaries regardless of balancing Drogoz as a champion.
    Yeah. That's basically it.

This is all about tuning fusillade down to bring it in line with combustible and wyrm jets. Not about nerfing drogoz because some people think he's OP. After the fusillade nerf, everybody will say: "Damn, drogoz isn't that good now... what about a base kit buff?".
    I want drogoz to be viable with all legendaries as something that's not strictly a last pick.

Also it's actually quite easy to blast flanks away with fusillade since they're forced to get close to you. So you don't even have to get in someone's face, they're forced to get in your face.

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    reverting the speed buff of rocket would be the best way
    drogoz is now so easy to play...i liked so much to have to think about where people will be
    you should read what i say about drogoz in my balance post (see signature) there are some ideas for talents
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...ea-for-talents

stop throwing away former vip skins for free
    fix raeve maeve

bow is stronger than the sword, or guns, or...snake

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    reverting the speed buff of rocket would be the best way
    drogoz is now so easy to play...i liked so much to have to think about where people will be
    you should read what i say about drogoz in my balance post (see signature) there are some ideas for talents
    I went through the entire thread.
    I disagree with what you said about drogoz tho.

He needed this change to deal damage consistently. Fusillade just became too easy to play as a result of it. That's why fusillade needs a nerf. The projetile speed change itself was great.

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I think 9 is better option because it will allow Drogoz players to actually take risk and fly to deal bonus damage. Because once he is in air, he will be open target to Cassie, Sha, Snipers, Flanks etc. At the moment, he can just luckily do direct damage from close range all the time.
    I will make sure to report all bugs and unbalances as much as i can so i'll be able to enjoy the game without catching cancer.

RIP SKYE, THE TWILIGHT ASSASSIN (Closed Beta-OB64)
    RIP YING, THE BLOSSOM (Closed Beta-OB62)