Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Maeve Fix is Simple

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I'm kinda indifferent about giving Maeve Dmg Fall-off.If she were to get Drop I would Argue that it should be very slight and still would give the Maeve player the ability to dish meaningful dmg from afar. I mean she isn't that "good" in CQC nor is she "good" in long range.

Maeve especially if they nerf SJ is kinda just average in all categories, and I kinda like that. Nerfing her range and buffing her CQC will make her a(worse) evie, while making her better at range(Increase dagger speed) wouldn't make sense for obvious reasons. Increasing her Sustain would make her a "less-tanky" Buck.

Honestly I kinda like where Maeve is at right now as a all around Flank she can poke at range and then go in for the kill using her speed. I do agree with some sort of SJ nerf, but I will say she will have to be compensated for it.
    Paladins Community: "Tyra is the lowest Skill Cap Character in the Game"

Me: Shamelessly Makes Guide About the Power of the Untamed Huntress

Paladins Community: "Tyra Has such an Uninspired Kit"

Me: Shamelessly Makes Proposed Re-work And Shamelessly Promotes Guide and Re-work in signature

Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Sniper Maeve is not that big of an issue.
    It's an extremely ineffective playstyle compared with actually flanking.
    I do agree that she does need falloff though.
    I would buff her dagger base to 450 and add some falloff if it were up to me.
    Top Damage on Makoa: 160k
    Top Eliminations on Makoa: 71
    Top Healing on Makoa: HIREZ LET MAKOA HEALLLLLLL
    Top Objective Time on Makoa: Who gives a fuck

IGN: PlushyMakoaWaifu
    A MAKOA MAIN
    Level 73/507 games/110 hours
    58% winrate/2.46 KDA

Bring bacc unkillable Makoko

Want to learn how to play Makoa?
    http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...584#post502584

Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ernhn View Post
    How to balance Street Justice: delete it.

Simple as that.

Or

"Now this fucking op talent deals 30% of target's max health but no longer reset by her fucking Q"

There I said it. She has significantly low cooldown on an ability that deals around 1.5k under a second. And she does it twice.
    I think they really messed Maeve up when they introduced Street Justice. They basically nerfed her base kit so that they could implement Street Justice without it being crazy OP. I think before those changes, she was mostly fine...She really just needed damage fall off, more gravity on the daggers, or just SOMETHING to limit her sniping abilities.

Honestly, Street Justice needs a nerf. I don't mind Maeve being a strong Flanker, but I do mind being melted by her as INARA. To be fair, I have plenty of games where I can easily kill a Maeve with Inara, and where she's not that big of a deal. But I've also had games where I get Maeve pouncing on me constantly, along with the other damage I'm taking, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.
    The Stone Oracle of Blades

Beta Player Sovereign Prince ernhn's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Genavelle View Post
    I think they really messed Maeve up when they introduced Street Justice. They basically nerfed her base kit so that they could implement Street Justice without it being crazy OP. I think before those changes, she was mostly fine...She really just needed damage fall off, more gravity on the daggers, or just SOMETHING to limit her sniping abilities.

Honestly, Street Justice needs a nerf. I don't mind Maeve being a strong Flanker, but I do mind being melted by her as INARA. To be fair, I have plenty of games where I can easily kill a Maeve with Inara, and where she's not that big of a deal. But I've also had games where I get Maeve pouncing on me constantly, along with the other damage I'm taking, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.
    Exactly. Yeah she was a bit underpowered from time to time but nerfing her base kit to give her this op talent makes no sense.
    I will make sure to report all bugs and unbalances as much as i can so i'll be able to enjoy the game without catching cancer.

RIP SKYE, THE TWILIGHT ASSASSIN (Closed Beta-OB64)
    RIP YING, THE BLOSSOM (Closed Beta-OB62)

Beta Player Marquess dbzlucky77's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahmid71 View Post
    Street justice and no dmg fall off are broken . But its not the real reason she is "meta". She would not have been able to jump into 2v1s and get out with a kill.

The DR is the real problem. Simsiloo , a pro player , recently said that in one of his stream.
    DR could use adjustment, but a flanker shouldn't be able to outpoke a damage at range. It blunt shouldn't be possible if flankers are supposed to be required to get in close to be effective

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaboom1 View Post
    Sniper Maeve is not that big of an issue.
    It's an extremely ineffective playstyle compared with actually flanking.
    I do agree that she does need falloff though.
    I would buff her dagger base to 450 and add some falloff if it were up to me.
    Not talking about playing as sniper maeve lol

Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    I feel that Maave shouldn't have damage fall off and if they give her some to buff her base damage, it shouldn't be that severe. Let Maeve poke people with her blades.

Also, SJ doesn't need a nerf... it just needs to be replaced
    Last edited by JoshYarIvar; 05-24-2018 at 09:09 PM.
    Signatures are meant to be short, sweet, and witty!!!!

So... lets pretend this one fits all those requirements, k?

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ernhn View Post
    Exactly. Yeah she was a bit underpowered from time to time but nerfing her base kit to give her this op talent makes no sense.
    the nerfing reason was not give her OP talent they do same thing to evie and skye but they didnt give them OP talent
    the reason to nerfing EVIE MAEVE SKYE was just unbound and talents had levels

evie could deal more than 1.2K damage with OTM so they nerf her base LMB damage cuz unbound exists
    maeve could deal lots of damage with street justice and Rogue's Gambit plus damage increase cuz Cat Burglar they nerf her base kit to prevent her become insane massive damage with HIGH lvl legendary like i guess lvl 10 Cat Burglar give 40% damage increase or something to pounce if im not wrong

same for skye and nerfing her speed after it too

the only reason they nerf evie was just Over The Moon become supermassive damage when its lvl 10 so they nerf her base kit and speed soar again.
    same for maeve and skye

now OB64 is rip and unbound system die but the nerf cuz of insane value from lvl 10 talents didnt remove...
    evie still can be meta cuz unbound nerf focus on her Over the moon, she still have Wormhole but looks like some ppl in forums want that thing nerfed af with out buffing her

maeve was lucky cuz new 4th talents give her something broken. just like tyra from out of meta into BAN TYRA SHE IS OP

and skye wasnt lucky at all she kept nerfed and her stealth is bugged these days
    yeah the reason they nerf these 3 mobile flanks is that they could have OP damage out put if they had lvl 10 talent in unbound but they nerf base kit and now they remove talent lvling system but didnt undo nerfs

and now topic about these 3 is broken as hell and more than ever
    patch official HERE I COME
    (っ◔◡◔)っ Ty best Mod,

Beta Player Marquess SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Just to nitpick here a little: Damage Falloff and Projectile Dropoff are two different things.
    I know you mean the latter.
    Damage Falloff is what Viktor and Tyra have while Projectile Dropoff is what Sha Lin and Maeve has.
    Damage Falloff refers to a decrease in damage at long range while Projectile Dropoff refers to pull of gravity it has on a projectile.

Okay now that the nitpick is over.

Street Justice first needs a straight up nerf until they can rework it.
    Outside a straight up Damage Immunity or burst heal that isn't cauterized there is basically no counter play to Maeve's pounce as it goes through all shields (with the exception of personal shields), Reversal and Power Siphon.

I don't particularly have an issue with the current Projectile dropoff myself, however it is far easier to hit your in-hands and if they reverted that change I wouldn't mind. Sniper Maeve has always been a thing. I basically neutral on this particular matter.

I do think Damage Reduction needs to be nerfed in the same way it was for Ruckus as of right now. If you're going to nerf it for one champion then why not look at other champions who have it and see if it needs to be nerfed.
    Personally I think the biggest issue with Damage Reduction cards isn't the Damage Reduction itself but when a Champion basically possess two cards that give Damage Reduction at the same exact value.

In Maeve's case two cards that can give up to 30% Damage Reduction each.
    Beyond Damage Reduction it also depends on how those cards introduce that damage reduction from the base kit and any Talent's. (Basically the interaction)

For example Ruckus: Proximity gives Damage Reduction per Advance which Ruckus has two charges of and then on top of that he has one called Metal March which gives Damage Reduction after activating Missile Launcher and by picking a Talent that gives Missile Launcher 3 charges/stacks. The cards are not broken in of themselves but because of the way they are introduced Ruckus can basically have Damage reduction quite often. This excludes any other cards that may augment those base abilities like Crystal capacitor which decreases the Cooldown of Missile Launcher.

Looking at Tyra, she has Damage Reduction but only possess it on a single card however unlike Maeve it sits at 4% instead of 6% and does not have a second card that gives damage reduction.

Perhaps make Damage Reduction percentages across all champion uniform and/or limit the amount of Damage Reduction cards to only one. The issue though is that it just depends on the champion kit.

I think Tyra is probably one of the better balanced ones and even then I think it's sort of garbage.

Anyway that is my opinion on the matter.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Her dagger damage is fine at the moment, the real issue is SJ is too strong vs tanks. Once that is changed, she can be reassessed, as she will likely be UP.

Bear in mind, Skye is garbage at the moment because when she is countered and can't flank effectively, she becomes rubbish because her range is too short and her mobility too weak to make her a short range damage dealer. Maeve on the other hand, even if she can't flank because the other team are balled up and she gets focused down quickly, can still make herself useful as a damage dealer (even without SJ). Skye could be made that way too if they changed her weapon to projectiles that didn't suffer damage falloff (i.e. make them identical to her poison bolt projectiles), and she would be more useful as a result.

There is nothing wrong with flankers being able to deal damage from range, they are still required to deal damage and get kills, and they are less effective at range than the damage champions are but they have the advantage of mobility. If you really want to change her daggers, don't add damage falloff (it is inconsistent with the way projectiles work in this game i.e. no damage falloff and no headshots), instead add more projectile drop like she used to have.

Beta Player Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rework Street Justice.

Rework Street Justice!

Rework Street Justice!

Rework Street Justice!!!

Rework Street Justice!!!

Oh, I wonder when Hi-Rez will listen to all the street justice rework proposals...
    I have the feeling this can't be repeated often enough, because it's currently the worst legendary in-game.
    Of course there are also other maeve things, which need to be reworked. But Street justice is certainly no.1 priority for me.
    Last edited by Blatt; 05-26-2018 at 10:29 AM.